“Great fish and chips”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I had the smelt fish and chips and the wife had the walleye fish and chips. I had never had smelt before and I was very impressed. It was very light and tasty. I then made the mistake of having a piece of the walleye. WOW, I am an avid fish eater and this was some of the best I have ever had. We sat out back on the small deck and watched some craftsman building canoes in a nearby building which had a bunch of seagulls perched on the roofline. It was a great atmosphere for lunch.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank TetonLover35

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Great Soup and Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

There walleye and smoked trout chowder were great as were the fish and chips. Just a small place and easy to miss but well wroth the time to find.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JhShMN
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We sat outside and enjoyed our crab salad croissant. The food was good, but the seagulls were annoying. Suggestion - add umbrellas to the deck so the seagull droppings miss the customers!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank dkt1982
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So good.. best fish and chips and outdoor dining”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

YUM!! We stopped here for lunch as our first stop in Grand Marais, both my husband and I had the whitefish "fish and chips" and they were AMAZING! I would go back again anytime, their deli items also looked fresh and delicious. They have a small outdoor dining area on a balcony overlooking the bay too.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Almondfarm
Iowa
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Looking for some good local fish while passing through Grand Marais we stopped in at Dockside. Turned out to be a great choice! We had fresh caught whitefish 'fish and chips' and we could not have been more pleased with our meal. We also picked up some citrus wild rice salad and that was an amazing choice. I would have liked to take a bunch of the smoked fish with us, but we did not have cold storage space for it, shame because the smoked fish looked great.

Visited August 2011