“Great Pizza”

Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the quaint harbor village of Grand Marais, Minnesota, on Lake Superior's beautiful North Shore, the Harbor House Grille is a cozy neighborhood restaurant serving up tasty handcrafted meals, using fresh & seasonal ingredients. Offering Beer, Wine, Spirits & Flavor!
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was visiting Grand Marais with my family today, and asked around who made the best Pizza there. Expecting to hear the same place with the two Swedish cartoon guys, I was told the Harbor House Grill had a wood oven for their pizza.
Game over, move over Sven and Ole, you're outta there!
You can have no clue how to make a pizza, but when you cook anything in a wood oven, it comes out better! Fortunately, I talked briefly with one of the chefs on a break on the patio entrance (the photo on this site is out of date. If it's still up when we go back next month (and we will), we'll post a photo with the massive outdoor patio they built that has this OUTSTANDING view of the Lake Superior Harbor) and was pretty convinced he had a clue and I'd be eating something great out of that oven. They actually even have a gluten free crust, which seems to be a big feature these days. I think the base price is 11 bucks per pie, then you build with 2 buck meat toppings and 1 buck veggie toppings. I was thrilled to see they had andouille sausage, my gumbo-making fav ingredient, so I built that up with red peppers, mushroom and black olives. My daughter had the Margherita and wife had the Vegetarian. We actually are still arguing, while Patrick Kane holds the Stanley Cup over his head on TV, who had the best Pizza. Of course I am right!! Adouille, baby!!!
Ed, I'm coming back for the Paella on July 21st as promised; be ready!!! And keep serving those ice cold micro brewery beers! Fantastic!!

Ramsey, Minnesota
“Nice time!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I stopped in for breakfast last Friday morning. The service & food were great. Very nice environment to spend a relaxing meal together. Our waitress was so fun and interesting to talk to. She let us know about a secluded spot on th lake which was wonderful, thanks. We will be back the next time we are in town.

East Central MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our 2nd time back, family of five, came during lunch. Very friendly server, beautiful view, and menu prices are slightly lower than other local "upscale" restaurants. You may not have leftovers, but the quality of food is worth it. Very accommodating to requests. Nephew and I loved the lava cake on the dessert menu the first visit - he wanted to come back this time specifically for it. For lunch, I had the most delicious, lightly coated walleye fingers with a side salad. Also recommend the turkey burger. "Kid-friendly" kid's menu. Quiet atmosphere.

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Superb”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We loved this quaint restaurant. I got the French onion soup and walnut burger and he got the Phili sandwich...both were so good and will be returning!

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Nice Place to Eat”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have eaten lunch here once and dinner twice. The food is well prepared and imaginative and I can say that each meal was worth the price of admission. I enjoyed working my way through some of the offered beers and found no fault with anything. I look forward to returning when I am in the area.

• Visited April 2013