“Good choice in great location”
Review of Crooked Spoon Cafe

Crooked Spoon Cafe
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stopped in for a light dinner of soups and salads on a wet, blustery day. The food was excellent, and the kids' menu, although rather small, provided great choices for our boys. Dinner entrees were not cheap, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or to return.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had heard good things about this restaurant so we had to give it a try when we were up on the North Shore last week. I am really glad we did. The food was wonderful. I had some really good ribs with a Kiva coffee sauce that was delicious. My husband loved his shrimp dish and my mother-in-law really enjoyed her scallops. the atmosphere was casual which we all appreciated. There were a couple table of diners that were dressed a bit nicer and I am sure nobody felt out of place. The food is obviously the focus at this establishment and a comfortable environment in which to dine just makes you enjoy it all the more. This will become one of our regular destinations on future trips

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We ate here while visiting the Northshore. The food and atmosphere were great. A great selection of burgers and fish. The place is not large, but the food is excellent and a must stop if you are in the area. The waitresses are very good and take the time to explain the restaurant specials and menu.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Try it for lunch. The lunch menu is a little more reasonably priced. But, regardless of when you go, the quality of food and service will be very good.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

It had been a couple of years since we last visited Grand Marais and the Crooked Spoon. We were not disappointed. It is important to get there early for lunch as it does fill up quickly. Husband had the cheese burger which he commented "the best he has eaten in ages" - he tends to be fussy. I had the fish sandwich, which was a piece of lake trout lightly fried in corn meal. I love the spicy coleslaw. They also have an interesting beer and wine list. Service was prompt and friendly.