“Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just had soup and dessert, but it was delicious. Everything on the menu sounded good and there was a good beer and wine selection. Prices were a little high.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is our second year doing a family vacation on the North Shore, and our second visit visiting this restaurant. We had 7 in our party - all with different tastes and expectations - and everyone loved what they ordered. That almost never happens. It's a small place but the food is really good, and this had a great selection of local beer on tap. The French Onion soup was a big hit, and their salads got great reviews from our group. Good service - just a nice place to get a great meal in Grand Marais. I'll be back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have eaten here more than we now can count. Service is above and beyond. Know us by name even though we are only here a few times a year. The food is always delicious and well presented.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just made my second visit to the Crooked Spoon last week and ordered the banana dessert again. Thought there was no way it could have been as good as I remembered from last year, but it was! Bananas caramelized with an amazing crisp sugar coating, complimented by a perfectly creamy vanilla ice cream, salty rum sauce and crunchy toffee pieces - it's truly hard to believe how delicious this dish is.

Also had the ribs, which I'd read quite a bit about here. They were perfectly cooked - tender but with a tiny bit of chew. While I was eager to try the coffee bbq sauce, I thought it was lacking something - maybe a little sweetness or a touch of some warm spice like cinnamon or cardamom? Or maybe I'm just used to a sweeter bbq sauce.

Do plan to arrive early for dinner. We got on the list at about 7pm and they were turning people away shortly after that.

1  Thank KristenRaeWI
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went in for dessert and a quick drink in July. The desserts were out of this world! A meal in itself! I had a Semifreddo with homemade marshmallow on top that was toasted. SO amazing! It was like a giant S'more! My husband had the largest piece of carrot cake I have ever seen!