“Motorcycle ride around Lake Superior”
Review of Crooked Spoon Cafe

Crooked Spoon Cafe
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Grand Marais is a great little town sitting on Lake Superior, it has all types of little shops and restaurants, so we decided to look some up on TripAdvisor and try them, The Crooked Spoon Cafe had a good rating so we walked until we found it. It was great, waitress was very friendly and food was excellent. We came in around mid afternoon, which was good because we bet the rush that came in behind us. I would highly recommend this little cafe.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stopped here for lunch on a rainy weekday - it was packed so we looked at the menu for a bit outside and a passerby said - 'Go in, it's fabulous!' so we tried it. We got a table about 2:30 and they close the kitchen at 3! I split the BLT with my older daughter, my younger daughter had the baked Mac & Cheese and my husband had a burger and fries. I also had the French Onion soup which was really good, the BLT was really good and had an interesting mayo on it. A few of our bacon pieces were a little overcooked but we might have gotten the last bits out of the kitchen since we were there so close to the kitchen closing. It is a small place but would definitely try again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a great girlie weekend in Grand Marais and got in to the Crooked Spoon..go early!! Food is great, very small but worth the wait. Portions are large but very flavourful and would recommend looking around to see the size before you order. Service great and atmosphere is casual.Not a casual, fine dining but if you want good food and good service in a small area this is a find.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Last week my family made our annual visit to Grand Marais and Crooked Spoon Café is a "must do" whenever we are in town. I had the salmon dinner special and my husband had the ribeye dinner special. Our kids had tasty options from the kids menu as well. The salmon was fresh, wonderfully cooked and very flavorful. The ribeye had a port reduction that was absolutely wonderful. The fresh vegetables with both of our meals were absolutely wonderful. Over the years we've never had a meal at Crooked Spoon Café that wasn't delicious. Last week was no exception.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The owner and her husband decided on opening a restaurant several years ago and came up with the name The Crooked Spoon Cafe. The service was great and the food was even greater. The fish sandwich was a meal fit for royalty. My wife had the grilled chicken breast sandwich with basil popcorn. Almost more than you could eat. And the wait staff was from around the world.