Spent the last week-end of September in the Grand Marais area to view the changing of the leaves. The Best Western was a perfect home base for us. Quick and easy check in. We reserved a suite room that included a fireplace, hot tub and steam shower. Great amenities, but by far the best feature of the room was the lake side patio. We kept the door open during the evening and were relaxed by the sound of the waves coming into shore. Most importantly for me regarding the room ... CLEAN AND A FANTASTIC BED!!! We found out that this property is owned by the same couple who operate The Lodge in Detroit Lakes, another favorite of ours.
A must see is the Devil's Kettle that is north of Grand Marais. Across the road from the park is a wonderful lodge to have a "Hiker's Lunch". Food was wonderful during the week-end. While the Best Western provides donuts from the Worlds Best Donut shop, it is well worth your time to go down to the shop yourself and get them fresh and hot. Great pizza at Sven & Ole's. My Sister's Place is nice for lunch and for supper the Crooked Spoon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Superior Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Superior Hotel Grand Marais
- Best Western Plus Superior Inn And Suites
- Best Western Grand Marais
- Best Western Superior Hotel
- Grand Marais Best Western