“An absolute treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moose Head Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moose
Moose Head Ranch
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“An absolute treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

My parents (in their 70s), my son (10), my boyfriend (46), and his son (15) are all just back from a five-day stay at the Moosehead Ranch, and we'll surely be headed back next year. The Tetons are breathtaking and worth a trip all by themselves, of course, but staying at this particular ranch made the whole experience better. We rode horses multiple times (I may have conquered my major horse-phobia on this trip), toured Yellowstone with a guide, went to a rodeo, and hiked regularly. Once there, owner Louise helped us plot our itinerary, recommending the best days/times/ways to accomplish our goals. It was like going to Paris and staying with close friends who could guide you to get the most out of your visit. Our various activities were as terrific for both boys as for the old folks. The food was often stellar (and not having to cook or to figure out where we were going to eat each meal was marvelous).

2 Thank Phoebe S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Wow! What a fantastic trip we had. My wife and I, along with our 10 year old daughter, her 10 year old cousin, and my mother in law made the trip the week before Independence Day. We had a great time. The girls had the time of their lives! My mother in law rode for the first time in her life (78)! The views of the Tetons, the Snake RIver, the surrounding hills, the sage/cottonwood wild lands.... It was beyond words. The food was excellent and service exceptional. The owners are very personable and full of suggestions. the staff of wranglers and cabin girls are extremely accommodating and polite. You wont go wrong with this ranch, unless you book too few nights! We hope to return next year.

The Macdonalds
Carlisle, PA

Room Tip: if you want a roomier cabin, rent "Sage"!
1 Thank Steve M
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Our extended family just returned from Moosehead Ranch in June 2012. There were 15 of us in total, 5 adults and 10 kids, ranging in ages from 5 to 15. This trip was the fulfillment of a dream that my father had to take his family west once his grandkids were old enough to remember and fully enjoy the west. He would have been so happy to see us all enjoy what the west has to offer! Everyday, we find ourselves missing the wonderful hospitality, amazing food, the polite wranglers and the unprecedented scenery of Wyoming. Moosehead Ranch offered us a wonderful place to be with family and enjoy the amazing west. Whether you chose to ride a horse, hike a trail, go shopping, sit by the lake, fly fish, see the wildlife in Yellowstone or white water raft--you can do it all from Moosehead Ranch (and we did!) Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer on the ranch. It was amazing--truly the trip of a lifetime. Louise and her staff treat you as if you are family and will help you plan any activity that you choose to participate in. We have been truly blessed by the wonderful owners, staff and guests at Moosehead. It is a piece of heaven here on earth!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time at Moose Head! I could not believe the beautiful view from our front porch! Everyone was so nice and made our trip one to remember. Everything was just as promised and exceeded our expectations. The service was personal and we felt as if we belonged there. The food was amazing, to say the least. We hope to go back next year and bring the kids!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

everything was great the food was amazing. the people were soooo nice. the view was amazing kit, louise,cathy,dave,and janet were so nice kit was nice to teach me how to fly fish. they didnt even split us up (unless we wanted to be) and there was fifteen of us. when our grandma told us at christmas we were going to a ranch i was soo exited i always wanted to go to a ranch but this was a ton more than i expected. the wildlife was sooo great on the trail rides and the wranglers were so nice we had convos. about life why my mom couldnt go to if this is their first year as a wrangler to how often they have off and what they do in their free time and if they liked sports to where their from. the trails are beautiful and you have to do the all day trail ride.i definatly plan to come back man i love the west me my cousin and my uncle all learned things when we got lessons from kit i learned the most though because i didnt know how to. we played ping-pong quite often (me and my cousins). this trip was the trip of a lifetime. 2 of my cousins had broken arms so if someone in your family is hurt you can still come its a great time so come and enjoy yourself thanks to the whole moose head staff for the trip of a lifetim and thanks gram.

1 Thank braden m
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Went to MH last year and my girls are still wondering why we didn't book a trip this year. I am wondering myself. What a great way to connect with the family and enjoy life. The best wranglers and cabin girls ever. Louise and Kit know how to run a ranch, and I will book my trip for next summer...if it is not already full. Thank you for a great vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Wilson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Take a deep breath and be preparded to live life to the fullest in peace tranquility and granduer. Disconnect from the outside world and relaize how precious and special life is with your family. Memories will be made that are ever lasting, the service and staff are tops, the food will make your senses come alive and the hospitality will overwhelm you with joy. Each visit brings a new dimension of bonding with my sons together and indvidually which will for ever be imprinted in their minds long after they have grown. Luvnlife to the fullest is what your experience will be. enjoy the ride Enjoy the view Enjoy life.

Warm regards the McLarens, Wilson Wyoming

1 Thank Jonathan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moose
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch
Colter Bay Village
Colter Bay Village
#5 of 13 in Grand Teton National Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,028 reviews

Been to Moose Head Ranch? Share your experiences!