“Amazing!!!!!”
Review of Moose Head Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moose
Moose Head Ranch
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Dear Louise and Kip,

I know its been forever since Justus and I had the pleasure of attending what you have created in Jackson Hole!!!! Let me begin by saying that he still talks about next time and I have not stopped thinking about how to get there!!!! I cannot thank the both of you enough for the amazing time that I was able to spend with my son! Not to mention the speed bumps...We made it! I was so worried about arriving with just a party for two. I couldn't have been met with a better staff. Not only with open arms, but some pretty good smores from a 10 hour extravaganza! Where you are and what you do is second to none! From the historic cabins to the hummingbirds we had the pleasure of watching at all the meals.. Oh and the meals... AMAZING! Justus and I both enjoy a fantastic meal. But being surprised every morning and evening with culinary expertise is hats off to your chef! Love the cookbook by the way. Kip, Our first morning of flyfishing lessons was expert to say the least and your patience with both of us was top notch! Our horse rides were unbelievable. Justus could not stop talking about how cool Rory and Ben were as our wranglers. And Tim actually matched up a horse for Justus with the same name of his sister... Summer, and he loved the horse just about as much as he loves his sister..except he doesn't save apples at breakfast for his sister. We did the whitewater and thoroughly enjoyed it. But Louise the hikes and drives you suggested have pictures on my wall forever! I know this trip was given to Justus and I as a gift and there was a reason why! I haven't figured out how to ever thank my uncle Mike and I probably never will. But the memories you have allowed us to take in will last forever! When we left the ranch the night of the rodeo was oddly a unsettling feeling for people aka friends that we had just met. Neither of us wanted to leave. Lousie the hug I gave you on the day of our departure was one that I would give to my mom if I were leaving for an extended period of time. And I hope for my sons sake we are able to come back for one more hug!

Thank you!

Jeff and Justus!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2013

As we begin the preparation of sending our children back to college, we all find ourselves reflecting on the summer holiday. Without a doubt, the highlight of our summer was our time at Moose Head Ranch. We all fell in love with the ranch the minute we stepped out of our car and we were amazed that the employees already knew our names. If you are making other stops in the area do those first because nothing will impress you as much as Moose Head. Kit and Louise are the perfect host and hostess and we are grateful that they shared their beautiful piece of paradise with us. We also enjoyed meeting Eddie, Bill and Betty, and the sweet, beautiful cabin girls. And what trip out west would be complete without being thoroughly entertained by one of Moose Heads adorable wranglers! I wish we could have stayed longer but we are grateful for the memories that will last a lifetime. I would give the highest recommendation for a weeks stay at Moose Head Ranch.

Room Tip: There is no bad cabin.
1  Thank berentsb
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We've taken many family vacations through the years, but our visit to Moose Head has to be the pinnacle of our experiences. Our cabin was spacious, comfortable and cozy. The food was so delicious that even our young granddaughters (7 and 10) couldn't wait for meal time. Our trail rides were fun and enjoyable. But what stands out in all our minds is the hospitality we were shown by Louise and Kit, Cathy and Dave, the sweet couple who manage the office (sorry, can't recall the name just now) and the many young ladies and men who serve as wranglers, servers and helpers. Everyone did a superb job! I might add, my husband and I are 71 years old and are looking forward to another trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was our first visit to Moose Head Ranch and we hope it will not be our last. We really appreciated the family atmosphere, we ate, rode and stayed as a family, not to say that our son didn't disappear with the other kids for to run and play around the lodge. Moose Head Ranch was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and made sure we were well cared for. As most others have mentioned the food is fantastic, fresh, healthy and beautifully done. Moose Head was a great experience and one we will fondly remember for a long time.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hands down, best family vacation ever. Unbelievable views. Nature, nature and more nature. We saw hundreds of elk and bison. Watched a baby antelope escape from a wolf right before our eyes!!! A mother coyote playing with her pups. A random badger showed up as well. Kit and Louise are wonderful hosts and as far as dining goes, this is a foodie's paradise. My butt still hurts because my horse-aholic daughter made me (the rugged indoorsman) ride every day but wow was it worth it. Thank you Moosehead for memories of a lifetime.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect. Holy crap what a view!
1  Thank Joanne A
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Just completed our 20th stay at Moosehead and it keeps getting better. The friendly family atmosphere, incredible mountain setting, caring staff, and unbelievable food all make the Moosehead experience the best vacation ever. We will return again and again.

Feels like family!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you ever have a chance to go stay at a ranch, Moose Head is the place to go! Great hosts, unbelievable views, fabulous food, adorable cabin girls and wranglers. This place is first class all the way!

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moose
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Jenny Lake Lodge
Jenny Lake Lodge
#3 of 16 in Grand Teton National Park

Been to Moose Head Ranch? Share your experiences!