“You'll never want to leave”
Review of Moose Head Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moose
Moose Head Ranch
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I visited MH this year with my family and stayed over the 4th. Absolutely the only complaint that I have about this trip is that it was far too short! From Kit, Louise, Lindsay, CT, and Eddie to the unbelievable cabin girls and wranglers, everyone felt like family from the first day. Having worked at MH in the past I know how hard the crew works, and yet it's easy as a guest to see why they love it and why I continue to love it -- MH is magical. The scenery will take your breath away and so will the amazing food by Dennis. I know I'll continue to go back and am already counting down the days until next summer. See you soon, MH!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A fantastic spot. A great family ranch in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The accomodations are in cabins of various sizes which have the rustic western feel, but are very well equiped. The food is simply fantastic, and Louise and Kit and the rest of the staff are top drawer - they have anticipated your every need. Great riding in one of the most beautiful spots imaginable, with elk, antelope and other wildfile in abundance. My family has been several times, and after each visit, the only question is when will we return. Great access to hiking, fishing, rafting, day trips to Yellowstone and other activities if you don't want to ride, as well as to Jackson, WY, which is a very unique town - even has its own weekly rodeo !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our first visit to Moose Head Ranch, and we had a great time! The hospitality and relaxed family atmosphere were fantastic! The food was great- different selections every night! This is a wonderful place to visit with kids, family or couples.. The views are spectacular - and likely difficult to be beat! Great place to stay and explore the Tetons and Yellowstone- they will pack you a picnic lunch to go! Making exploring even easier with no stops at the park's 'fast food'..Thank you Kit and Louise for a great vacation!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had an amazing time at Moose Head Ranch. A dude ranch was something on our “bucket list” and this dude ranch was everything we expected, and more. The view of the snow-capped Tetons from the lodge and the individual cabins is unbelievable. The hospitality of Kit and Louise, the top-notch service provided by the wait/cabin staff, the quaint well-maintained cabins, the enjoyable trail rides provided by Eddie and his wranglers, and the delicious meals prepared by Chef Dennis and his team made this vacation truly unforgettable. Many of the staff are junior or senior-year college students. They are friendly, exceptionally bright, very engaging, well trained and extremely well mannered. The entire Moose Head team made us feel like we were special, and the only guests there. It was a unique experience, and one we will never forget. Thank you Kit and Louise for a vacation we will remember for a lifetime. And we hope to return in a couple years when our granddaughters are a little older and can enjoy the kid-friendly amenities available at Moose Head Ranch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a phenomenal visit to the Moose Head Ranch and will include our thank you note to Kit and Louise here:

Dear Louise and Kit and your outstanding staff,

We had such a wonderful time at your ranch -- one of my favorite trips ever. You two are a brilliant combination, and you have created almost a magical existence there.

I could not get over how naturally friendly and welcoming your staff is, and it looked like it was no effort for them. You pick them right! In terms of the riding, those gregarious Southerners matched with Eddie's experience, friendly demeanor, total trustworthiness, and authentic Wyoming background is hard to beat. Images of the cook-out and various college kids -- both the great cabin girls and the wranglers -- swooping our littles ones up in the fun are still front and center in my mind. I am very sad to have missed the baseball game, but our family can't stop talking about that either -- Kit's humor as umpire (ball 3 1/4, ball 3 1/2, ball 3 3/4...), Buckley carrying our littlest around the bases, the unbelievable backdrop of the pink Tetons in the sunset -- hard to script a better ending. Please tell Ben that when I say "no" to my kids, instead of just saying a straight "no" (which gets really old and worn), I now say, "Grandmum, you may not come."

I am also so thankful for all you did to make it possible for our child with a fish and shellfish allergy to be at your ranch. In the end, it was en entirely empowering trip for him. No slip-ups with the allergy situation, all fine with the eye/hyphema, and he has a new love of riding. He has been on a horse before, but not much. My husband -- our brand new rider and lover of the WATER -- also had a wonderful time. He loved the rides, your staff, keeping the home fires burning in our cabin, the food, the BASEBALL GAME!, the cook-out. He, too, is a convert. I was sure he would spend each afternoon in the internet area, understandably keeping up with work, but he was on every ride! The fly fishing lesson with Kit was also wonderful.

We hope to bring back more children and grandchildren next year in the same window. We will certainly be in touch before October.

Lots of love and gratitude, MB

Room Tip: With little kids, it was nice being in a cabin near the lodge. From what we could tell, all have gr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from Moose Head. It was our 10th wedding anniversary. The staff was so nice. They really made you feel at home. The food was amazing. The best I've ever had. My husband and I are gluten-free and we never had to worry about what to eat. It was our first time there and we will go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just returned from 5 nights at Moose Head which was our first visit to a dude ranch. We weren't sure what we were getting into, since a dude ranch vacation was a bit out of our comfort zone. At the urging of a friend, who claimed her family's dude ranch vacation was their best, I decided to look into it. I came across Moose Head on Trip Advisor and a guide book I purchased, and I hit a home run. Our family of 4, with 2 daughters, 18 & 15, had a wonderful time. The location was ideal with fabulous views of the Grand Tetons. We rode horses each day which brought us into the Grand Teton national park and the national forrest with beautiful terrain and views. We had an unusually cold week, but it did not put a damper on a thing. I might think our morning ride up to Chimney Peak with snow flurries all around might have been my highlight. Who gets to do that?!! It was so cold, but so beautiful and peaceful. The views were breathtaking. We had many opportunities to see wild life such as bison, elk, prong horns, hawks and my 18 year old saw an eagle on one of her rides. What made Moose Head ideal for us was that our rides included just our family and a wrangler. They have a fabulous staff. Eddy - who runs the horses and wranglers and has for years, was just wonderful. His staff of wranglers speak so highly of him and gush about how much they've learned from him and respect him. He's just delightful, as are the young men (wranglers) Louise and Kit employ for the summer. Every one I met was a college student on summer break. They were polite, articulate, knowledgeable and so fun to be with. I had also read rave reviews about the food which also exceeded our expectations. Dennis, their head chef, (I think he's been there 13 years) prepared delicious food. It was exceptional! I came home with 5 copies of the Moose Head Ranch cookbook I'll be sharing with my friends. They also employ a staff of girls that help in the kitchen, serve meals, as well as take care of the cabins. These girls were delightful too. They added so much to our experience. Mark and Ginger, who run the main office, as well as the grounds, couldn't have been nicer as well. We felt like family within a day of arriving. The staff and guests all joined in for a softball game after dinner one evening which was so much fun. We did a few side trips into Jackson, white water rafting, and rented bikes for a scenic ride to Jenny Lake. We were never without something to do and the week went by too fast. Louise and Kit Davenport have a special place with Moose Head. We're so glad we were able to decompress for a week and do something truly unique.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moose
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Jenny Lake Lodge
Jenny Lake Lodge
#3 of 16 in Grand Teton National Park

Been to Moose Head Ranch? Share your experiences!