“good access to park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Uncle Bud's Log Cabins
Surrey
“good access to park”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Cozy Creek was very cosy indeed, snuggled next to the river. We were expecting the cabin to be further away from the road, but it was very quiet. The organisation of getting the key was not straightforward and then we could not get access as the wrong one had been sent. Luckily Butch answered the phone and all was well. The cabin had everything we needed and more for the few days stay. The beds were very soft though and the lighting was low upstairs. Heating and logs for the fire were welcome when it snowed. We loved the outdoor hot tub.There could have been better advice about local facilities and restaurants, which would have saved time.
Also, if you wanted to cook a meal the pots and pans were rather limited - but then I guess most people eat out!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rooke

Solo
Business
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I had read the reviews prior to making my reservation with Uncle Bud's Cabin, Bear Creek. I believe that all the raves were SPOT ON. The cabin was absolutely breathtaking. My husband, son and I enjoyed ourselves very much. Everything we needed was provided. The extra personal touches are very welcoming. The pictures do not do it any justice. All I have to say is we just returned and already are planning our next vacation there. We wont stay anywhere else but Uncle Bud's cabin, we are recommending them to all our friends and family.
What a magical time we had in thier beautiful comfortable, clean, perfect cabin in the Smokies. Thank you Uncle Bud.
The Nees Family

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Neesy68
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2010

With all of the options for cabins in the Smoky's, I was a bit apprehensive and switched my mind several times before settling on Uncle Bud's. Glad to say that the reviews were accurate.
We arrived at Bear Creek after a few miles up a winding road out of Gatlinburg. The cabin was relatively easy to find. We unloaded and walked across a little wooden bridge over a creek into a VERY clean cabin. Every detail was immaculate and in perfect working order, from the hot tub on the porch to the wide screen TV (which we turned on once fro 10 minutes during our entire 4 day stay).
Two bedrooms each with a nice comfy King bed and a nice jacuzzi up in the top floor.
The cabin is adjacent to only one other cabin which is nice, but Ski Road runs right outside the cabin. About 50 feet away right over the creek. It really isn't a bother but quite a few motorcycles take that winding road, so you are not really tucked away in the middle of nowhere.
Other than that you are a 10 minute drive from Gatlinburg, The Smoky s and Ober Gatlinburg.
Our family of four had perhaps the best vacation ever, and the cabin played a big part of it. I would highly recommend Uncle Bud's and hope to be back next year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Otisnova2010
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I searched here on Trip Advisor to find a great place for my boyfriend and I to stay for our annual anniversary hiking trip. Last year we went hiking in Ohio and this year we went hiking at the Great Smoky Mountains. Uncle Bud's Cabins were among the highest rated, and this is deserving of the cabin where we stayed! We reserved the cabin early (we went the week after the 4th of July) so we got the largest cabin they had which is Bearadise. This cabin had three bathrooms, two bedrooms, a roll away bed, a decent sized living room, dining area, and a screened in porch. In the basement there were plenty of seating areas, a pool table, jacuzzi bath tub, and outside was a 4 person hot tub. Everything was neat and orderly with very cute bear themed figurines and pictures and they had internet access and cable. The cabin is all ristic wood construction and there are windows galore. The bathrooms were large full baths, which was nice because I used a whole bathroom for myself to throw all my dryers/irons/makeup/girl crap everywhere haha. The road going down to the cabin is extremely steep, but really it is in a perfect place because on the main road, if you go one way you can get to the down town shopping/fooding spectacular, or if you go the other way you can get to several trail heads in the Smokys within minutes. We did not go to do the downtown thing, so it was nice being able to go the other way to get to the trails. All in all I was very pleased with this cabin. However, I did have some minor issues. This large cabin I believe is meant to accommodate up to 6 people. However, if you have more than one vehicle or a large vehicle like a truck or SUV I don't know where you would be able to park. I drove my very small hatchback and it just fit into the little parking area. The people in the cabin next to us had a van and a motorcycle with a trailer so I had to be very careful backing out and pulling in. There was a little extra parking spot at the end, but someone from another cabin parked their truck there. This was another issue: privacy. From the website, it looks like these cabins are very private and isolated. I even e-mailed the owners to ask how private they were. I was told that there was only one cabin across the street....This is true, but there are also two other cabins on each side of the Bearadise cabin we stayed in. The only place you could go outside and not be possibly seen by a neighbor was when you were physically INSIDE the hot tub. The cabin had a lovely porch with chairs and swings, but when you are outside you are looking into someones cabin or watching people grill. I guess if you were a family with kids who like to mingle and talk to other people while on vacation this wouldn't be an issue. As a couple staying here, it was kind of weird because we had to close most of the curtains because as people were checking in, they could see right into the cabin and we could see into theirs. This was especially bad a night because when you are walking around in a bathrobe, you don't want people to see you (when we came home one night we could see people in the cabin across from us cooking in the kitchen and playing board games in the living room). Later in the week, there were some parents with little kids staying in the cabin across from us and the kids were running and screaming up the road that runs right next to where our grill was...it was annoying. My only other issue with the cabin was the use of space. This cabin had everything in it...maybe too much of everything. Furniture is everywhere and as we were bringing bags in, we had to move the sofa to have enough room (also you have to go up stairs to get on the main level so if you have heavy bags this might be hard for some people). The small dining room table has a full place setting already on it, which would have to be put away for general use (something we did not bother with, we just ate in the living room). The kitchen is extremely small, and it has a ton of cabinets...that are full and I mean packed FULL of dishes and appliances (there is a coffee maker, blender, toaster, hand mixer, 100 dishes and mugs, gobs of cooking ware and trays, you name it, it was there). There is so much stuff in the cabinets that there is NO ROOM AT ALL for your food. We drove from Indiana and we brought cereal, bread, pop corn, snacks and stuff like that...stuff that you do not refrigerate. We had to line it up on the bar that wrapped around the kitchen and sit stuff on top of the fireplace mantle and on the floor. We only stayed for 4 nights, and with it being just the two of us and we didn't have that much food. So, if you are parents with like 4 kids who (like most kids) will eat you out of house and home, be prepared to store your dry foodstuff on the floor. All in all we had a wonderful trip. During one of our hikes we did see a bear and it scared us to death haha. And yes, I would highly recommend these cabins for people with families. A lot of the cabins down here are right on top of each other, and Uncle Bud's cabins were not. Yes, you have neighbors, but I would rather have to deal with three other cabins than 50-70 other cabins. If we stayed here again, I would stay in the cabin that sat above ours for the privacy concern.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrayCatVintage
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My husband and I took a trip to the Smokey Mountains for our first anniversary, and since we depended on good reviews to make our decisions, I wanted to make sure I added our own after a great experience! We stayed in Quiet Times cabin for a long weekend and very much enjoyed our stay. The group of cabins are somewhat close together, but there was no one else there our weekend, so we didn't have to deal with noisy neighbors, etc. The cabin was exceptionally clean and we enjoyed using the fireplace, hot tub, TV, and dishwasher (we don't have one in our home yet!) The location was perfect - right on the Gatlinburg bypass, so you can scoot into town easily, or just head off into the National Park if you want. It was close enough that we could stop home to pick up lunch or something we forgot without it being a huge hassle. A couple of notes about the cabin that I think would be good to know: There is very little cooking space - we made two dinners and two breakfasts in the cabin and it was a challenge finding places to put food that we were preparing, etc. So, not a deal breaker at all - just something that a cook would appreciate a heads up about. Also, the beds are very soft which are wonderful if you enjoy soft mattressess....and I'm sure those who do appreciate the extra measures Uncle Bud's went to to provide that luxury. Unfortunately, my husband and I are not soft mattress people, but we managed ok. I know some travelers have back conditions that make it impossible to sleep on soft surfaces, so, again, just another heads up in case that's important to you. The Quiet times cabin provides a great place to be a base camp for Smokey Mtn adventures, as well as being very relaxing to just hang out in. Very glad we made this choice and we would stay there again! Thanks, Uncle Bud's!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KatieKav
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 November 2009

My husband and I planned our first anniversary rather last minute and were able to snag two nights at the Bear Creek Cabin. I liked that there were no extra fees beyond tax, since we only had two nights and some other rental places charge up to a full night in fees. When we rolled up to the cabin, we were pleasantly surprised by Xmas lights along the deck and cute little touches inside - and it smelled really good!

Also, even though they have another cabin sharing the same parking spot, our cabin felt completely private. The hot tub was great, under a little gazebo on the far side of the deck. Everything inside felt clean and new and there was great attention to detail, it was a really nice rental. It was a perfect spot to spend our first anniversary. We wish we could have spent more time at our little cabin!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adventurecookie
Tennessee
Reviewed 19 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at Cozy Creek cabin Sept. 13-17. It was very clean and had every thing we needed. The attention to detail made our stay very special. I highly recommend this cabin for anyone who prefers quiet and peaceful to the crowds and bustle of Gatlinburg. It is a very short (and steep) drive from all the restaurants and shopping. We were disappointed that we didn't see any bears but we had a wonderful vacation and the cozy cabin made it complete.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple