“Grandchildren Loved It!!!”

Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Grandchildren Loved It!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Glenstone Lodge is in a great location, just off the main parkway but well withing walking distance and a nearby trolley stop for those who don't want to walk. Check-in was a breeze. We had a poolside room on first floor which was great. The pool was clean and very beautiful at night with the waterfall. It is heated so the area feels like a sauna initially until you get used to it.

The room was clean and comfortable. We had a queen double and it was great for my husband and our granddaughters (ages 2 and 6).

The Patio breakfast buffet was great for the price ($8.95 for adults and $4.95 children). Food was fresh and well presented. The waffles and eggs are made to order.

We had a groupon special ($45 a night). I think if I had to pay full price I might have less sastisfied but for that rate it was a great stay.

Kids will love the indoor pool!

Room Tip: We loved the first floor pool side! Very accessible. Didn't have to use the elevator. The pool...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shakinaglory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Glenstone with my five year old. The indoor pool was both nice and unique. My little boy loved it. I also found the staff to be nice, friendly and attentive. The hotel seemed very clean and the air condition kept my room cool.

On the negative side: only meal offered at the hotel was breakfast; and although pretty good, most hotels in the area have complimentary breakfast and Glenstone does charge for the breakfast buffet. Secondly, the parkway is a pretty long walk. The trip down the hill wasn't that bad, but walking back up the hill returning to hotel can be a real killer when it is 90 plus degrees.

Would I stay again? Yes- based on the friendly staff and great indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank tacokid
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. We came to the area for a quick trip and thought we'd give this hotel a try because of the good deal we got on Hotwire. I have NEVER placed a negative review online, and quite frankly find most of the negative posts to be petty and baseless. But after our stay at the Glenstone Lodge...I felt it necessary to inform future travelers of a few things regarding this hotel. The Lobby staff were friendly enough and check-in went fairly smoothly. The lobby and pool area was somewhat outdated, as other reviewers had stated, but nothing offputting. We were a bit disappointed to see that the indoor pool was closed....we were informed that an "incident" required maintenance on the pool. The pool did eventually open the following day, but the water was incredibly murky. The room was also quite dated, but appeared clean. The hot side of the sink faucet was not working, and the tub faucet handle kept falling off. My biggest problem was when the housekeeping staff peeped through the window with closed curtains to see if the room was still occupied before cleaning. This happened each of the 2 mornings we were in the room. I was standing in the room changing clothes when one of the housekeepers peeped through the crack in the curtain. UNACCEPTABLE! Additionally, on our last morning before check-out , my 2 daughters discovered itchy welts on their arms and legs. My only conclusion was the possibility of bedbugs. I did complain to the front desk on each of these issues. They did make note of it....and hopefully the practice of housekeeper peeping will come to an end.

2 Thank Brad B

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

The pools at the hotel were the highlight for my kids. A great indoor pool with a 9' section on top that has a waterfall that drops to a 3' pool below. Also has a good size outdoor pool that we had all to ourselves on a few occasions. It's just really nice to have the option of a nice indoor pool if it's raining or just too hot outside. We had a room on the first floor by the pool which was very convenient to have throughout the day(with having a toddler taking naps), although at night it was very loud in our room until the pool closed. The rooms are definitely dated and I would have to say that the ONLY negative about this hotel is that they didn't seem to put much effort into cleaning it while we were there. The breakfast at the hotel is a MUST! Out of all the dining out that we did, our best meals were the 2 breakfast that we had at the hotel restaurant. The hotel is only about 3 blocks up the hill from all of the Gatlinburg attractions and is very close to some great hiking. Another FYI...The Ripley's Aquarium is a MUST...has to be one of the top aquariums in the nation. The Ole' Smokey Moonshine Distillery is an enjoyable stop also!

2 Thank Tim H
Smyrna, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Like so many hotels in Gatlinburg the Glenstone Lodge could use some updating - in fact, during our stay they were in the process of replacing their old TVs with flat screens. My main priority is cleanliness and our room was very clean. It is located a short walk from the main part of Gatlinburg and the trolley stops in front of the hotel. We didn't use the trolley since we didn't think it was a bad walk. I would stay there again, however I would request a balcony room as opposed to the poolside room we stayed in which would be great for families traveling with small children; however, it can be pretty noisy. Unlike other reviews we had a refrigerator in our room.

2 Thank roxiecat
nashville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I attended a conference and our lodging was at the Glenstone in Gatlinburg. This hotel is one of the older properties in Gatlinburg and is a no thrills hotel. Like one of the other reviews stated, it's a good place to stay if you aren't going to stay in the room very much. The bathroom was very tiny. We were lucky enough to have a king bed (was reasonably comfortable), however, others in our group had rooms with two double beds. The location is great. It's a 3/10th mile walk downhill from the hotel to the main strip in Gatlinburg. Bubba Gumps Shrimp, Dicks, Mellow Mushroom and The Melting Pot are at the foot of the hill which was handy at meal time. There's a trolley stop within a stone's throw of the hotel's front door which cost 50 cents to ride. We probably won't stay here a second time, but our stay wasn't exactly horrible either.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Gordo, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed a few nights, It's 3 blocks up a hill from parkway not a bad walk. Bubba Gump is where you turn at, it's a clean and quite place to stay it is older there are no microwave or frig in room. It's a good place to stay if you are not going to be in the room alot.

1 Thank ElaineLambertGay