“Glenstone Logde Gatlinburg TN”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #44 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Jackson, Tennessee
“Glenstone Logde Gatlinburg TN”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Unless you want to be billed 3 Times the amount you book this place for I would recomend you not stay here. I booked this place online and when I got there i was told they didnt have any of the rooms I booked so I asked for my money back. I paid a total of 251.76 for the room for 3 nights and i never even stayed there and now I have a charge of 102.60, 95.76, and 251.76 on my credit card and Glenstone lodge want credit me back. To make matters worse I've been hung up on 3 times by them when I call to question these charges so I've had to file a disspute with my credit card company hoping to get my money back. I would never stay here If I were you this place is a real dump and looks absolutly nothing like the pictures.

Room Tip: There are alot cleaner and better places to stay. Dont let the cheap prices fool you its a real dump...
3 Thank ckstewart20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Older, but nice hotel in a great location. Awesome swimming pool area (heated jacuzzi, waterfall + kiddie pool)…Enjoyable stay.

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were very pleased with how clean it was. It was, as stated by many, outdated but I thought that gave it some charm. It has a very cool 2 level indoor pool with a jacuzzi & waterfall. The kids loved it! There was also a nice outdoor pool. Plenty of parking, great location right off the strip. The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey @ $9/person but we did not try it. All in all, it was clean & convenient & all we needed it for was to lay our heads at night. I would stay again.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Glenstone Lodge is in a great location, just off the main parkway but well withing walking distance and a nearby trolley stop for those who don't want to walk. Check-in was a breeze. We had a poolside room on first floor which was great. The pool was clean and very beautiful at night with the waterfall. It is heated so the area feels like a sauna initially until you get used to it.

The room was clean and comfortable. We had a queen double and it was great for my husband and our granddaughters (ages 2 and 6).

The Patio breakfast buffet was great for the price ($8.95 for adults and $4.95 children). Food was fresh and well presented. The waffles and eggs are made to order.

We had a groupon special ($45 a night). I think if I had to pay full price I might have less sastisfied but for that rate it was a great stay.

Kids will love the indoor pool!

Room Tip: We loved the first floor pool side! Very accessible. Didn't have to use the elevator. The pool...
1 Thank shakinaglory
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Glenstone with my five year old. The indoor pool was both nice and unique. My little boy loved it. I also found the staff to be nice, friendly and attentive. The hotel seemed very clean and the air condition kept my room cool.

On the negative side: only meal offered at the hotel was breakfast; and although pretty good, most hotels in the area have complimentary breakfast and Glenstone does charge for the breakfast buffet. Secondly, the parkway is a pretty long walk. The trip down the hill wasn't that bad, but walking back up the hill returning to hotel can be a real killer when it is 90 plus degrees.

Would I stay again? Yes- based on the friendly staff and great indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank tacokid
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. We came to the area for a quick trip and thought we'd give this hotel a try because of the good deal we got on Hotwire. I have NEVER placed a negative review online, and quite frankly find most of the negative posts to be petty and baseless. But after our stay at the Glenstone Lodge...I felt it necessary to inform future travelers of a few things regarding this hotel. The Lobby staff were friendly enough and check-in went fairly smoothly. The lobby and pool area was somewhat outdated, as other reviewers had stated, but nothing offputting. We were a bit disappointed to see that the indoor pool was closed....we were informed that an "incident" required maintenance on the pool. The pool did eventually open the following day, but the water was incredibly murky. The room was also quite dated, but appeared clean. The hot side of the sink faucet was not working, and the tub faucet handle kept falling off. My biggest problem was when the housekeeping staff peeped through the window with closed curtains to see if the room was still occupied before cleaning. This happened each of the 2 mornings we were in the room. I was standing in the room changing clothes when one of the housekeepers peeped through the crack in the curtain. UNACCEPTABLE! Additionally, on our last morning before check-out , my 2 daughters discovered itchy welts on their arms and legs. My only conclusion was the possibility of bedbugs. I did complain to the front desk on each of these issues. They did make note of it....and hopefully the practice of housekeeper peeping will come to an end.

2 Thank Brad B

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The pools at the hotel were the highlight for my kids. A great indoor pool with a 9' section on top that has a waterfall that drops to a 3' pool below. Also has a good size outdoor pool that we had all to ourselves on a few occasions. It's just really nice to have the option of a nice indoor pool if it's raining or just too hot outside. We had a room on the first floor by the pool which was very convenient to have throughout the day(with having a toddler taking naps), although at night it was very loud in our room until the pool closed. The rooms are definitely dated and I would have to say that the ONLY negative about this hotel is that they didn't seem to put much effort into cleaning it while we were there. The breakfast at the hotel is a MUST! Out of all the dining out that we did, our best meals were the 2 breakfast that we had at the hotel restaurant. The hotel is only about 3 blocks up the hill from all of the Gatlinburg attractions and is very close to some great hiking. Another FYI...The Ripley's Aquarium is a MUST...has to be one of the top aquariums in the nation. The Ole' Smokey Moonshine Distillery is an enjoyable stop also!

2 Thank Tim H