“Enjoyed! Great Value! Loved the pool area!”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Greensburg, Kentucky
“Enjoyed! Great Value! Loved the pool area!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. We stayed July 14-18, 2012. We hadn't visited Gatlinburg and this hotel for 2 yrs. But always enjoyed this hotel. I made reservations and then seen the reviews, after I made them on here from a guest that had been there a week before us and I have to say I was worried on the way there. We arrived we were greeted as usual with nice helpful staff. Ask for a fridge and microwave it was in our room by the time we got up to it. Nice clean rooms, maids were nice. So I am sorry for the person on here who had the bad experience, Maybe they were having a bad day. But stop and think before you post your bad day and try to ruin a great hotel, wonderful, helpful staff! We always enjoyed this hotel before and it DID NOT disappoint this time! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dbagby74
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you very much for your comments about Glenstone Lodge. We are very happy to know that you are a repeat guest and that we can expect to see you again in the future. Yes, we hear about our amazing pool almost every day. Guests who were here as teenagers are now bringing their children to swim in our pool because they loved it then and their kids love it now.
Our staff does their best to accommodate guests' needs and requests (whenever possible).
Thank you so much and again, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Chapel Hill NC
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Had a great stay at Glenstone Lodge. Very clean rooms and nice location with friendly housekeeping staff. This is an average hotel that suits average needs of travelers, tourists and families. Room did have a small dorm sized refrigerator which was nice. Microwave is down the corridor next to drink machine. We did not eat breakfast here, however it did look good! We opted for the Log Cabin Pancake House instead(two mornings in a row!) Only problem I had was the type of room I got. I booked months ago and requested a king room on the exterior of the hotel. Apparently that request did not go through, so i got a double room instead. It was ok with me though, as long as I still got an exterior room. If you don't get an exterior room you will deal with noise from the indoor pool until late hours of the night. I learned this from other reviews I read before before booking.

Room Tip: As stated before, choose an exterior room. You will not regret it!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bren611
Thank you for your review of the Glenstone Lodge. Our friendly housekeepers work diligently to offer our guests very clean rooms. Yes, approx half of our rooms have a fridge in the room, with a microwave station nearby. Our breakfast buffet is definitely worth a try the next you stay with us as our chef makes awesome omelettes, along with many other breakfast items to suit almost anyone's taste. Our exterior rooms have views of the nearby mountain and stream as well as our outdoor pool and Riverdeck Pavilion. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Radcliff, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a short get-away trip and we were pleased with the accommodations. The room we stayed in was a bit small, and it was a smoking room so it smelled of smoke (mistake with the booking) but overall the room was clean and well kept. The service was friendly. The pools are outstanding with the waterfalls and decor. The hotel is convenient with trolley stops right outside. We had the breakfast buffet and it was good for the price. I will probably stay here again, just not in a smoking room.

Room Tip: Specify if you smoke or not. I would not suggest a poolside room because it was pretty humid in the...
2 Thank Storeylady
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found our rooms to be very clean and well kept. We regret that you were assigned to a smoking room but hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service again in the future (in a non smoking room). The breakfast buffet has many options to choose from including, eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, seasonal fruit, biscuits and gravy, waffles, and many other choices and it is very well priced. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We used to stay here every year up until I was 12 and loved it. It's been 23 years now and I brought my family back for a weekend stay. The rates are still affordable, the indoor pool is exactly as I remember it, and although the decor remains the same, the room was clean and accommodating. Check in clerk was very friendly, had a problem with the room card key and she promptly reprogrammed and apologized. The Patio restaurant breakfast is still fantastic - excellent omelettes as I remember from my childhood! While the interior may be dated and maybe lacking in some of the newer conveniences of more recently built hotels, I will definitely be back with my family. The location is very convenient to town and we walked everywhere. Look forward to our next stay!

1 Thank angieb786
Welcome back, we missed you. Yes, we hear it all the time, you were here as a kid and now you have brought your children to experience our two level pool and waterfall. We are a family friendly as well as an affordable Gatlinburg option. We keep our rooms very clean and do our best to meet our guests' needs. Our breakfast is fantastic and at a very reasonable price. We look forward to your return visit (don't wait another 23 years!)
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The rooms are smelly, small , and the service is just down right poor. The creekside rooms are not really creekside there is a drive between the hotel and creek the steam has garbage in it there is a rundown hotel beside and behind . There is one chair outside the room if someone did not take it and you have to look for one the maids took our chairs and left them where they were sitting I know it was the staff cause I seen them in the chairs . Come on the staff. None of them speak English our room had a king bed a small tv with 18 channels no movie stations oh and the musky smell wall paper pealing off at the base board a 1" gap in the bottom of the door the room has been flooded this hotel rather motel does not need the 3star rating it need to be loward to 1 the staff is rude I will never stay here again heed the warning Thanks for reading my gripe

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank dave197660
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We regret that we did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with the various department heads regarding your issues and apologize for the inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Gatlinburg
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Great value for the money. Rooms are about average, Our room was on the side of the indoor pool which was nice but noisy during evening hours when we were trying to fall asleep since the pool doesn't close until 11pm. Its a nice little walk from the strip but we still enjoyed not having to pay to park and the trolley stop was infront of the hotel. I wouldn't mind staying again when we return for another vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Champaign
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while attending a reunion. Good room, good housekeeping and service. Would definitely stay here again if I come back to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends