“Good room for the money.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Rockwood, Tennessee
“Good room for the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

We just got back from here last night. Stayed here before and it was still the same. Clean, dated, cool pool that the kids like. Don't expect the Hilton but do expect to get what you pay for. We haven't been disappointed here before. Staff was friendly. Pool seemed clean. Just really outdated, like most hotels in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: This is off the main strip a little bit so it's quieter. Also ask for an inside room close to th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TNnurse81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

The staff at the service desk are horrible. They made a mistake with my bill. I came to them nicely they acteed as if they dont care. I saw a mistake roach crawling up the wall. Lady with the short brown hair at the desk has a major attitude problem. Just a bad time for me. The only plus is the location and the indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank executive15
deer lodge tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I wanted an indoor room called 3 weeks in advance and was told since we were using a military discount (my husband is a veteran) we could not get one of those rooms and they stuck us on the 3rd floor with an exterior roomd very far away from everything the hotel had to offer.But when we were checking out some people in front of us also had used a discount and only paid 49.00 a night and got the rooms i inquired about as i have now learned SEVERAL people only paid 49.00 a night and i was charged 90.00 a night and i had 2 rooms both at a rate of 90.00 a night!!! By us using Military we were stuck in bad rooms in a bad location and paid DOUBLE! Something seems off to me about that..Then we were told you dont offer wifi except in the lobby and we only had 15 TV channels which i might add were very fuzzy and you could not see them.Teh air vent thing in our bathroom was NASTY NASTY!! When you have 2 rooms and 4 kids all that stuff is very annoying.When we called front desk to ask a question about the Trolly they were very rude.The pool was groos it had like an oil sheen on the top of the water and the hot tub was so hot noone would use it..Total we had 4 kids and 4 adults two rooms and we decided we will not be coming back to your hotel.We also know you give rail roaders a discount which both of the men with us work for the RR we have mentioned the experience and a few have cancelled reservations or changed their minds about using your hotel.Almost forgot to mention the VERY loud family reunion that was going on outside of our rooms with loud rock music being blasted to the point no one could enjoy the outdoor pool.

1 Thank marinewife3521
Gray Court, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

We booked our room with Glenstone after purchasing a groupon. Groupon's website stated that Glenstone accepted pets, when I called to make the reservation, I was told that pets were not accepted, but since Groupon made the mistake, they were putting people that had pets in smoking rooms. I traveled with my mom, her dog and my two children. The dog is housetrained. My two year old makes more of a mess than the dog. Anyway, for the price, the location is good and the pool is very nice. The staff at the front desk are very helpful and pleasant. The only complaint I can really think of is the wifi. Since we were in a smoking room, on the back side, we did not get wifi. When I called the front desk, I was told it was only in the lobby. It is an older hotel but nice for the price. We would love to stay there again if they start accepting pets.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you were pleased with our pools. We have both an indoor and an outdoor pool to choose from. I regret that the wifi did not work in your room. The wifi is available in our public spaces, not just the lobby. We hope you will consider us during your next trip to Gatlinburg.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Okay I didn't expect much for a $50 a night room. but Geee this place need updating. I felt like I walked into a room/hotel from the 70's. The elevator is sloooow and noisy. I would have taken the steps but they only go up to the first floor. The musty carpet smell throughout. I only took a risk on this hotel because of the pool reviews, but the waterfall does not work as shown in the picture on their site. The carpet around the pool is mildewed. My daughter found a hair ball the size of a tennis ball in the pool. My room even have mildew in the corners. I decided to pay a little more for their mtn view..NOT I had to look at the roof top and airconditioning unit leak down in my window. The only plus to this property is the staff and the breakfast buffet. However you can get breakfast at every restaraunt within walking distance. The breakfast should be included with the price. If you are on a tight budget I guess this will do just to sleep for a night and hot shower. Remember no refrigerator, microwave, or cream and sugar for your coffee in the room. My ice bucket even leaked. My mattress flopped up when I sat down on the edge of the bed. My mattress felt awful. I was scared to lay my head on the pillows because of the stains. I only had 1 channel to watch what happened to the rest of channels...WOW. This by far is the worst experience in a hotel. If I had to go to Gatlinburg, I would stay in Pigeon Forge which is minutes away they seem to have nicer/newer hotels.

Room Tip: I did not go with the pool view because of previous reviewers saying it's noisy. Don't waist...
1 Thank janechild
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Thank you for your comments. We regret that we did not meet your expectations. Our stairs actually go up to the 5th floor (top floor). Our waterfall comes on every day although not all day. Our breakfast buffet offers many items to suit everyone's taste, all at a very reasonable price, comparable to any sit down restaurant in town, and it is conveniently located right here in the lobby. We offer half of our rooms with a fridge and there are microwave stations available in the public areas. I apologize if the housekeeper missed replacing your creamer and sugar packet, and that she did not notice the ice bucket (a call to the front desk can take care of those items). We offer the four major networks, several sports channels, a cartoon channel and several news channels as well, among others. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Toyohashi, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

I stay here everytime I come to Gatlinburg because they have a cool pool. Other than that it's pretty average. No free continental breakfast or free wi-fi are disappointments, but it ain't no thang. No one cleaned the vent in the air conditioner, which my hotel cleaning family member pointed out.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

It never ceases to amaze, what people expect out of a hotel in Gatlinburg!! I have stayed in some of the finer hotels in this country and some pretty rundown ones too. I have been visiting this area since my early teens and have always stayed in Pigeon Forge, but decided to stay in Gatlinburg this time. What do you really expect out of a hotel? Figure that out and the price will be directly proportionate. Sometimes, value hotels don't have all the amenities but exist to serve a simpler purpose. I have never given a scathingly negative review...........and I won't start now. I brought my daughter to Tennessee for a rafting weekend, and I knew we were really only planning on sleeping in the room.....We arrived and the place was packed, due to a large family reunion and a young girls pageant. Check in took a few minutes, and the ladies at the desk maintained their composure in what appeared to be a stressful situation. We got to our room and I was pleasantly surprised. The room, room 366, was clean, good and cold, the bathtub appeared to be brand new and everything worked. No bugs, no musty smell.Yes, the tv channels are limited but that didn't bother us. We did not try the breakfast buffet as we prefer to eat at the Pancake Pantry. The pools, both inside and out, are a definite huge plus. I will say this to all of you fat, lazy, whiny complainers out there.....If you come to Gatlinburg to stay in your room and watch tv, expect the hotel to cater to your every whim, and then write poor reviews on a solid, older hotel in a quiet area off the main drag....... STAY HOME and SHUT UP!! All hotels have issues, especially ones of this age, but on this wkd, this hotel was exactly what I needed it to be, clean, cold and a great value. I will definitely stay here on any return trip!!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank CaseyMays
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments are appreciated by our staff and management who all work very hard. We are glad to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with your daughter. We do our very best to provide rooms that are "clean, cold and a great value". We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, Thank You for your review.