“Chaos” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Speedwell, Tennessee
“Chaos”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I normally don't do this, but I felt the need to write this review. We just visited over the weekend, and was supposed to have a room with Two queen beds. My boyfriend and I were invited by another couple who are our close friends, she originally tried to reserve just a king room but they told her they were out of those and offered a double, she accepted and that's how we were invited. Anyway, once we got there and opened the room - it was just a king bed! Of course, they got on the phone with the front desk and told them it was supposed to be a double and asked if we could be moved to a different room, apparently the front desk told them that that is couldn't happen because they were all booked up. It made us all angry because everyone assumed we had a double - bed room. They did bring a roll-away cot up, but it was only large enough for 1 person, and at first they were only willing to bring one up, until her husband called them back and told them we HAD to have another one. I just find it hard to believe that the hotel was actually booked up, you could tell that some rooms were vacant. I believe they could have done something to better accommodate us.

The one king bed we did have was super comfortable, probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, and the room was really clean. The pool area was crowded but it was nice. I had read some reviews on here about the pool being nasty, but I didn't get that feeling. You could smell the chemicals! The water was a little murky looking, but I don't think it was because of it being nasty, i think it was because of the color of the concrete.

Had they given us better accommodations, i would have rated this hotel much higher.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KristiH290
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel in Gatlinburg. We value our guests input greatly and are always looking for ways to improve or correct any mistakes that we have made.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Gillsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This property was a wonderful place to stay in Gatlinburg. The purpose of the trip was for a veterans event, and everyone seemd to have a great time. Ursula and Pam at the front desk were so kind to me when I asked for some help regarding a room. They did not hesitate to fulfill my request. Thanks again ladies! The housekeeping staff was polite and made sure I had everything I needed. I had their breakfast buffet twice with no regrets; great food for a good price. I did not swim in the pool, it was always filled with kids, but it was spring break after all. The property was convenient to the downtown area and just far enough away from the maddening crowds on the main street of town. The trolley took us back from downtown once, which was a blessing after we walked & shopped in town all day. The room was comfy, the bath was a little small, but workable, I was by myself, so I had all the room I needed. The TV was a nice, new, flat screen with good reception. The wireless internet in the room was very good and fast. Overall, this property was clean and acceptable. I would return and recommend it to other people.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights Easter weekend. I would not recommend staying here. The walls are paper thin, I could literally hear the guest in the room next to me unzip their luggage. The staff did not enforce quiet time- there were ppl/kids running up and down the halls screaming and yelling off the balcony well past midnight, even after we called the front desk to complain. Water pressure was terrible, and the cleaning staff began vacuuming the halls and knocking on our door for room service at 7 AM. Our entire stay I was only able to get on the wifi once, when we called and asked about it the staff informed us that it doesn't work well when a lot of people are using it. The morning we left there was a roach in the bathroom. It was a terrible experience and I had very little sleep due to the thin walls/ staff vacuuming and knocking on my vacation. Never again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Cancer2988
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We do appreciate your comments and feedback, and take them seriously as ways to improve our service and accommodations.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Slightly set back from the madness of the main drag, this hotel was booked through a 'secret hotel' deal I found online. The hotel, in fitting with the whole town, feels a little outdated. Our room was in the main section of the hotel, and was very quiet considering its proximity to the large indoor swimming pool, which seems to dominate the hotels main atrium. Everything in the room was relatively clean, and the beds were comfortable. A great place to stay if you are stopping in town for one night, and you don't intend to spend much time in the hotel!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, and was a good size. The shower had good water pressure, and lots of hot water. Our room had a beautiful view of the river. We ate breakfast at the hotel one day, and it was a good value for the money. Close enough to the main attractions to make it a convenient stay. We didn't use the pool, but it looked like others were enjoying it. Overall, I felt like this hotel was an excellent value, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I liked being able to see and hear the rippling stream.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zenMichigan
Maryville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked very nice and clean. Room was satisfactory with a comfortable king bed and actual real sized pillows unlike the little knots you get at a lot of chain hotels. Bypassed the breakfast because I always eat at the Log Cabin when in Gatlinburg. Gas fireplace warmed the room up quickly on a snowy day. Only complaint was the amount of sound that travels through doors to an adjoining rooms. Guess this just comes with an older hotel. Very nice staff as well.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We have passed your comments along to our staff.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Brecon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the 20th March 2013, in room 265 a king.
We checked in using a voucher from one of the many booklets that are available in this area. When we presented the voucher the male receptionist said "What this, I have never seen a voucher for here before!" What? Then the female receptionist helped us, but why we were put in Room 265 we'll never know (Unless it was because we used a voucher). The hotel is very impressive from the road and adjacent there is a swimming pool and covered sitting area. Inside the is a feature indoor swimming pool and a good sized meeting area. However at the back in where they put us. The room didn't rate 2 stars, was small and poorly furnished. Even the walkways were tatty and needed a repaint. The elevator at the rear of the property (That we had to use) was erratic and was broken when we checked out, so humping our cases down to our car said just about everything.
Would we stay here again? No, even at the voucher rate this room was poor value, and the only breakfast available was a $10 buffet. which is too much for our usual toast and coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spock_10
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your comments. We regret that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that the front desk agent was unaware of the voucher. Our walkways are scheduled for repainting as soon as the weather warms up and also as occupancy allows as we have to close down the rooms until the paint dries. Our elevator service company has been informed about the issue.
Our breakfast buffet includes a drink and is comparable in price and quality to any sit down restaurant in town. Thank you again for your comments.