“Just off the Beaten Path” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just off the Beaten Path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I went on a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg and were very pleased at our choice of lodging at Glenstone. Check in was amazing she took extra care to ensure our room was clean. The 266 creek side room view and the sound of rolling water opened the door to a quaint/ clean and comfortable place to rest. We enjoyed the indoor pool and mini golf area. The next morning we were well fed with an affordable and delicious breakfast bar. The made to order teddy bear waffle and omelet was really great. We will be back. This place is recommended for those that can appreciate a lodge that has maintained its understated refinement. It was wonderful!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding you recent stay with us. We appreciate that you chose the Glenstone Lodge over other hotels, but we are expecially pleased that your stay was comfortable and memorable. Please come back again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our Babymoon recently. I loved the location and could walk everywhere or ride Trolley around Gatlinburg. The service was amazing throughout the building, and the breakfast buffet was convenient, affordable, and delicious. The building was a bit older than I expected as w/ room decor but everything else was so great that it really wasn't that big of a deal. The indoor pool area is very nice and has a resort feel. Building was very clean. We will def be back.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank go-see-tell
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here in Gatlinburg. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to stay with us soon...
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The pool area is nice..but needs to serve breakfast free...room is ok but needs some updating with carpet and shower pressure....location is ok but for elderly to far from the strip to walk...other wise good place for quick over night stay and young family's...but if I would of had any issues yes they would of heard from me about it..but nothing that I was worried about from a old hotel! Well wish you luck.

Room Tip: Inside by pool or front view rooms are best..no back room view is terrible..that is what we had!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review oon TripAdvisor of the Glenstone Lodge. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable and we hope you will choose to stay with us again when you travel in Gatlinburg
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We wanted to love this hotel but overall it was disappointing.
What we liked:
5. Inexpensive
6. Delicious breakfast buffet
What we didn't like:
1. Paper thin walls
2. Bathtub didn't drain. There is nothing grosser than being ankle deep in water while taking a shower, especially when you know it's because the drain is clogged with other peoples' hair. We called the front desk and they called maintenance but maintenance never came. They promised to send maintenance the next day but apparently they didn't because it was exactly the same the next night.
3. Plumbing problems, the toilet wouldn't stop running after we flushed it so we had to lift the lid to pull the chain. Gross.
4. Noisy air conditioning unit. We ended up turning it off because of the noise, but then couldn't sleep because the room got too hot. We kept going back and forth and didn't get much sleep
5. The waitress at the breakfast buffet had absolutely no idea how to handle a family with allergies. My child has a severe peanut allergy so we asked the waitress which foods we should avoid on the buffet. Apparently she never heard that question before because she looked really confused, blinked a couple of times and then shrugged. She said that she didn't know, which I might forgive, but she didn't make any effort to find out and didn't ask the chef. Not good! Peanut allergies are life-threatening (at least ours is) so we were very concerned about the lack of training, knowledge or concern.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley D
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is important to me and my team and we hope to have you stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future! Regards, Andy
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I walked in the front doors to see a beautiful rock center piece which encased a glass elevator. I continued around the rock centerpiece to the checking counter. I was greeted by 2 women behind the counter while one checked me in the three of us were in gaged in a laughing conversation. I then proceeded to the room on the 3rd floor (elevator) where I came to the room there were chairs placed by each door. I opened the door and said wow, I must say I scheduled the room through Expedia's unknown bookings so I wasn't sure where i was staying or what kind of room I'ld end up with. Expedia's been great for me with my bookings. I seen a clean well kept fresh smelling room. With all the necessaries I needed. An iron a blow dryer coffee pot alarm clock radio fridge and a flat s teen tv. I didn't hang around the room long as I spotted a pool a picnic shelter area and the creek running behind the parking lot. I changed and took a walk in the creek. What a wonderful experience. Then I went to find a ace to eat where there are several choices within a mile or less to choose from. I chose Texas Steakhouse. Great place to eat and great staff as well. I then turned right from the steakhouse and was in the Smoky Mountains within less then 5 mins. Later I returned to the room where it was quite and comfy. To my surprise as I laid down the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Unusual for my normal overnight trips. I Slept well. I went down to check out when I realized the fronton by had an AYCE Buffet and drink for $10.00. My kinda meal. Must say full course meal and great coffee too. I hope you enjoy the pictures because this was one of the Best Adventures I've been treated to in a long time. Friendly staff and clean fresh room # 364. Great food and great mountains. If you don't see them, your not looking or going the right direction. #naturalsmokymountainhigh.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Ontheroadagain35
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I got a package deal so the cost was much lower than the normal room rates. I would not pay their normal rates for this hotel: it is pretty dated, the room was not as advertised and the beds were way too firm. However, we didn't have to deal with the usual irritants you get at motels; noisy neighbors, pests (at least that I could see), etc. also, the indoor swimming pool was very nice - like the waterfall, & the hotel was in a good location. So - I come across another deal I may stay hear, just not @ normal rates.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, and it is disappointing that you did not consider your stay to be "stellar". However, comments such as yours are great training tools for our staff so that we might continually improve our product and service..
Lenoir City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

On this past Labor Day holiday, myself & my girl friend were fortunate to find an available room at the Glenstone Lodge in downtown Gatlinburg, Tn. The first thing we noticed was a very well manicured grounds around the lodge. Our next surprise was stepping into a large but welcoming check-in space which included our first look at their large and beautiful in-door pool & hot tub, complete with a very neat indoor water falls! My girl friend couldn't wait to try it out!! The bad news here was I forgot to pack my trunks!! Our room over looked a small creek as well as the out-door pool. The room was adaquit but on the small side. The only thing we didn't like was a very noisy A/C unit that freezes out the person sleeping on the nearest bed to it!! BRRR!! There was no way to adjust it. We finally went swimming in the in-door pool at 10:30 before it closed at it posted time of 11:00 PM. However, as 11 o'clock approached, the maintenance staff got somewhat pushy about our leaving on time. Besides the two of us, there were two young men also swimming. I believe the hospitable thing to do, was say to us: Our pool closes at 11, however, "We noticed you arrived rather late, so please enjoy another 15 minutes on behalf of the lodge." "However, we must insist you leave our pool area after the extended time, thank you." Our room included Breakfast down in the main lobby area, the breakfast was very good and included a good assortment of goodies. Over all our stay was a pleasant one!!

Room Tip: I would get one King bed rather than two Queens
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Glenstone Lodge and thank you for writing a review in TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid remarks and hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you through East Tennessee