“Yuck!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Monroe, Michigan
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Everything is pretty outdated and just makes the whole experience feel dirty. Definitely not trying the breakfast buffet.. Plenty of places to eat though around the hotel. Pool looks pretty questionable.. Location isn't all that bad.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ToniUcci2014
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
I am sorry that we were not able to deliver the experience to you that we work so hard to deliver to all of our guests. We are sorry that you weren't able to enjoy our pools and our breakfast buffet as most of our guest do enjoy both. We hope you will consider us on your next adventure to the Gatlinburg area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Cottonwood Heights, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A first glance this hotel looks old and dated and it is. It could use a little updating. Aside from that the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The WiFi worked perfectly. The indoor pool was awesome. Checked out the outdoor pool but didn't use it, it rain a lot while we were there. Walking distance to all Gatlinburg restaurants and shops. The restaurant in the hotel has good food at reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet is the best deal in town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tim M
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you so much for your feed back during your stay and we are pleased you enjoyed your visit. Most of our guest do enjoy the location of our facility and our indoor pool. We look forward to seeing you on your next Smoky Mountain adventure.
Athens, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Got there and the place did not look to bad from outside. Got to lobby,( older but not to bad). Got to desk and no problem getting room. Went around to the back to go up to room enjoyed the creek it is by. Got in the room and could not call front desk fast enough! OMG The room smelled so bad of mold we were getting a headache! we left the door open and stood in doorway. They changed our room no problem. We moved to other side. Still a hint of mold but much better then first room. It was an outdated room also. When I went to get the new room key I seen there was WAY to many kids in the pool area. So we thought we would go to the outdoor pool. So we thought... It was packed. That was the reason we got a hotel with more then one pool. ( wish there was a hotel that had a pool for adults only) so much for swimming. went back to room and there was a party going on... not in my room!!!! You could hear everything going on next door. Then I thought I would relax a little before we went to eat. So much for that. We heard even more noise on top of the people next to us.There was a large group of people at the grill area and again you heard everything going on. So upset we were ready to just pack up and drive home. But we stayed thinking maybe it will get better. NOT! only got a few hours of somewhat sleep. We talked about just grabbing our bags and running. But I tried to take a shower first... well I got my face washed and the tub filled up. I could got get it to drain. I got to shampoo my hair ( only shampoo!) and tried to rinse off as I stepped out of the what was now a 1/2 full tub. I was soooo mad. really? I pay for a room and this is what I get? The towels smelled so I patted dry. grabbed our bags and out of there!! Told the woman at front desk ( not that they cared) and all I got was "O I will tell them". UGH! I seen the breakfast and did not touch it! After how the room was there was no way we were eating there!. I will stick with my Choice hotels they are clean, peaceful and they give you the all you can eat breakfast and do not have to pay extra!! This was horrible!

Room Tip: Want s good room.... stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Tina M
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send a review concerning our property. The hotel regrets that the hotel didn't meet your expectations and would have more than pleased to solve your issues during your stay if we would have been made aware of them. We apologize about the noise issues you had during your stay. On your next visit to the Mountains we hope you will consider staying with us again and once again we regret the issues you had.
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Nice clean room, and view of the mountains. Best price I found also for a hotel with an indoor pool. Did not have breakfast at the hotel, but the menu did look good. Saw that they are starting som renovations soon and can't wait to see how it looks when it gets updated. Only complaint I have is the wifi in our room was almost non existent. Other than that we would stay here again for sure.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey F
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and giving us feed back regarding your recent stay. We do apologize for the Wi-Fi issue that you had while you were staying with us. We have had IT technicians here working to resolve the issue and it has been taking care of. The next time you visit the area we hope to see you here again.
Regards,
Windsor, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our third trip to Glenstone Lodge in Gatlinburg. We arrived early and Pierre at the front desk was able to get us checked in early & we were out at the pool enjoying the Smoky Mountain sunshine within minutes of arrival. The location is great - a few minutes walk up from the main street - where you are able to turn in & out of the hotel without waiting for an endless stream of cars & pedestrians. The multi-level indoor pool & hot-tub is great for kids & adults alike, and it is nice to see the indoor putting course is up & running again. The breakfast buffet is the best deal in town. We are already looking forward to a trip back again !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank wross22
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
This is a really outstanding review, thank you wross22! Reviews like yours are very gratifying to our staff and empower us to make your next experience and even better one, so for that we thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I don't know why people are giving such a frownie face to this hotel. My kids and I have been coming for four years. We stay at this specific hotel because we love it. I have had rooms on first, second and third. Front, back, inside and we have NEVER had a bad room. We pick this hotel because its so close to walk downtown and because the inside pool. My kids beg for me to boom this hotel for our family vacations. We never eat at the buffet, I do agree its a little pricey, so we walk down to the Log Cabin and eat every morning. The staff at this hotel have always gone out of their way to make our stay fun and comfortable and are so polite with me and my kids. For as long as we vacation together, we will stay here. So close to everything and thats how we like it. You should really try it for yourself, outdated yes, but comfy. We've never had a bad experience. And the pool closes at 10pm, so not sure why anyone would complain about the noise from pool all night. Anyway, love Glenstone

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tamie S
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
We do certainly appreciate your excellent review! Trip advisor is a great channel to share your positive experiences with other travelers. I am so happy to hear you one of our loyal guests that utilize our property for their visits to the Gatlinburg area. Look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

A nice place to stay .. I went up to stay for a convention.. Check in was easy ; very nice staff.. Room was clean ; my room had a balcony over the creek ( love the noise of water ) .. The main lobby was decorated for Christmas ; It was beautiful.. A great indoor pool .. I normally stay down on bottom part of Gatlinburg ; the walk down the hill is not bad ; if you have trouble walking back up hill ; there is plenty of taxi companies sitting there and Trolley runs often.. The restaurant inside is a good place to eat.. Overall experience was great.

• Stayed December 2013
      Cleanliness
2 Thank sissycat84
Pierre B, Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review and so glad you have a great experience. We will mention your compliments to our team and we look forward to your next visit.