“AWESOME I GIVE AAA++++++”

Country Town N' Suites
Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“AWESOME I GIVE AAA++++++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I am actually here as I write this. I originally booked with booking.com, but decided to call them. I got to speak to owner and he was exceptionally friendly as well as everyone that works here. The owner actually give me a better deal than the online booking so I booked with him and cancelled my online reservation. When we got here we also asked if we could upgrade to a king with jacuzzi and he did and give us another exceptional rate. He is working hard on renovating all the rooms and it didn't interfere with our stay at all. Oh and last but not least wonderful memory foam beds!!! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014
8 Thank tina p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pineville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I called this place because I seen it on Kayak when I was searching for a hotel in Gatlinburg, TN.
I decided to call instead of booking online. It was about $10 dollars cheaper than online and the front desk was very nice. The room was nice and clean, but the bathroom needed updated. It is close enough to town but far enough from all the noise. We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael J
Hillsborough, Nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Let's start with the good: 1) When I phoned the hotel, the lady I spoke with was super friendly! Very welcoming, lovely lady all the way around! It was a cold day so she even went to our room prior to arrival to turn the heat up for us and leave a light on in the room. That was very sweet and much appreciated. 2) The bed was super comfy! The lady at the check in desk said only one other person had stayed in this room before so I felt pretty confident that the bed was clean. Pillows were memory foam and very good (and I'm usually SUPER picky about pillows and always travel with my own.

That's the extent of the good. Because we have a pet, we were put in a pet friendly room with no carpet. I understand that to a point however, it is SUPER important that those floors are clean. These were not, although they "appeared" clean. After walking from the bed to the bathroom in my sock feet, my socks were EXTREMELY dirty! We arrived after dark but there were no lights on near the rooms we were to stay in so it was a little creepy trying to find our room. The numbers were on the door but we couldn't see them. We were told that only the manager is allowed to flip the switch to turn on the lights. I thought that was very odd.

The TV and the bed was likely all that was 'remodeled' as the wallpaper looked pretty close to original and much of the flooring had to be older because if it truly had only one person in there prior to us, the floors would not have been as dirty as they were.

We read the reviews prior to arrival and based on the ones where the rooms had been remodeled, we felt pretty confident it was going to be okay. We were wrong. We also wish we'd have known it was a little farther away from the main restaurants as we definitely had to drive and pay ridiculous parking fees ($10!!)

I don't plan on staying there again. The front desk lady really should get a job with a bigger chain as she really was great and pretty much the only saving grace of this hotel/motel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Susan C

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel is owner operated , and they care about your comfort and RETURN business , the owner Mitchell went out of his way to accommodate us on very short notice during a very busy time locally ( Christmas through New Years Gatlinburg is extremely busy ) .
Was in town to hike the Smokey mountain national park and due to some bad weather had to cut the hiking short , Mitchell went out of his way to put us in a room from a phone call from the mountain top with out reservations , rooms were clean and freshly remodeled BOOK IT ! You won't have any regrets.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Mark J
Huntland, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We are actually in the room as I write this we are in love with this place. The only thing bad I can say is that they are still working hard to open the rest of the motel back up I knew this motel when it was closed and run down and they have work VERY hard on updating and fixing everything.
we have already booked our summer vacation here!!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Wingnutt20
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel using another site that had good reviews. Then I checked here and freaked out with the low rating. We were very happy to find the new ratings tell the real story. This hotel is an exceptional value. We care more about cleanliness and state of upkeep than anything, and this hotel is clean and well kept. I will point out the things we thought could be improved, but none were a big deal to us. The full sized fridge and microwave plus newer TV were all pluses. There is a large gap at the bottom of the door, but that's what I figure a duvet is good for. The water pressure can fall from good to OK, so pick an off peak time to shower. The memory foam mattress was great for us, but may not be for everyone. We read reviews and brought our own pillows, but they were actually OK - just not great. Super location outside of the super bad traffic and we found the grocery store was much easier to drive to with this placement instead of inside the main drag.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank BrickShot
Greenfield, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our family of four decided to take a chance on this hotel simply because we read the reviews and wanted to support these new business owners. Boy...are we glad that we did. The rooms look exactly like the pictures. They have been beautifully remodeled. Everything from the paint, carpet and tile to the tables, night stands and chairs...even the fixtures have been updated and replaced. Best of all are the brand new comfortable mattresses. Our room had a big flat screen television, microwave and a full size refrigerator. Don't let the mom & pop exterior fool you. These rooms are much nicer than most of the expensive chains. Their rates are very competitive and although they don't offer breakfast at this time, there was always fresh coffee, donuts and fresh fruit each morning in the lobby. We're already anticipating our next visit to Gatlinburg and will look forward to staying at the Country Town N' Suites!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family