All reviews fairfield inn gas fireplace room was clean the main drag ober gatlinburg tram within walking distance wood floors private balcony covered parking whirlpool tub great place to stay free breakfast rooms are large great room the breakfast area biscuits and gravy national park
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great room with crispy clean bedding with awesome pillow's.Very clean. The hot tub was very nice and clean and it worked great, instant hot water.Bathroom is top notch. The room has a great view with private balcony along side a babbling creek that will put you to sleep. We stayed in room 209. Very nice staff, awesome breakfast. This hotel has great soap and shampoo's that are eco friendly. Very convenient to downtown, free parking at hotel, not free in town, ton's of stuff to do, such as the Sky lift to top of mountain , ski lift all the way to top of mountain, great food at Park Grill Restaurant that is very affordable, they open at 5 pm. They even scrub the kithcen floor with soap at the end of the night, very impressive. Police ride pedal bikes as well as drive cars. My family and I felt very safe to walk at night downtown. Very cool place to visit. Our room had a fire place (gas) with timer.

Room Tip: Rooms in second building are along the side of brook. When tree's are leafed out it looks and feel's private.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our trip to Gatlinburg, Tn was wonderful and the accomidations were everything that was expected. Check in went very smooth. Only tip is to get the coupon book outside the door first, get the coupon for the Old Creek Lodge, and turn it in upon check-in for a better price. I did think however, the price we paid was very fair and have no complaints. I would certainly recommend staying here. The room was clean, breakfast was good and cookies at 5:00 were the best!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on September 10th on our way up from the Smokey Mountains. I read a lot of good reviews on here and thought for one night and about $80, it was worth a shot. The hotel is off the parkway on River Rd, and the back of our room faced a creek. We were in a double queen room #210 and the room looked exactly like the pictures. The balcony was small, but it was private, and quite and peaceful. Wifi worked good, there was a fridge/micro combo and the room was clean, fresh and the hotel staff friendly. My only complaint is that either we had really, really noisy neighbors, or the walls are thin. There was a family on one side of us that we could clearly hear all night long. Though if there was anyone in the room on the other side of us, we never heard a peep. Also, the door to our room didn't seal all the way around, as the next morning I could see light coming in. For one night this room suited our purposes however. Would recommend if you seek to get away from the busyness of the parkway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to finally travel without the kids, but after riding up the mountain via Ober Gatlinburg, I discovered that the mountain is family territory... The hotel however was a perfect adult location.

The check in was fast, especially for labor day weekend. My third floor suite came with a Jacuzzi, romantic fireplace, and a balcony with seating overlooking the river. It was less than a block to the lift shuttle up the mountain. Ignore the mountain unless you have kids. Throw your champaign on ice and stroll just three blocks away to the black bear brewery and pizzeria. By the time you finish the pretzels and a beer sampler, your room will be a welcome invitation.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here for the first time and my family we are impressed. The location makes for a quiet stay with rooms overlooking the river. The entire property has had a makeover to a lodge like decor. The rooms are huge with tall ceiling and walk in showers. The breakfast area is small and selections are limited to coffee, juice, cereals, breads, waffles, and fruit. There were no eggs or meat. The gravy for the biscuits was milky white and runny with no sausage. In the evening they served cookies and lemonade in the lobby, which was a nice treat after dinner. The pool is small and oddly placed by the road, we did not use it. We enjoyed sitting in some unique rocking chairs by the river in the morning. I'd stay here again due to the location, size, decor, and value!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family