All reviews fairfield inn gas fireplace room was clean ober gatlinburg tram the main drag within walking distance wood floors private balcony covered parking whirlpool tub great place to stay free breakfast rooms are large the breakfast area biscuits and gravy national park we've stayed
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We go to gatlinburg every year and this is the best hotel we've stayed at. Very clean and in a good location. The showers are really nice and the beds were comfy. Free breakfast in the morning with a good selection. My only complaint is the small parking lot. If the hotel is completely booked it's hard to find a place to park. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank amison20
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights on October and really enjoyed our stay. The room was big, 2 double beds, and a gas fire, which wasn't required and air conditioning, which was used occasionally. The balcony overlooking the river was very nice & with a good view of the mountains. Breakfast seating was insufficient if the majority of guests came down at the same time but the food itself was OK, if a bit lacking in choice. It is well located as it is near the main drag of Gatlinburg and also handy for the road to the Great Smoky Mountains. There was also plenty of parking spaces. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick O
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Located on River Rd and right on the stream it's a very handy starting point for a drive into Smoky Mountain National Park or leaving the car and walking through town. The room was fresh and recently updated with a nice balcony over the creek. Since you're not in the room most of the time anyway you can still relax there if you so desire. Staff was very nice. The area for the continental breakfast was kind of small but fine if you're in the grab & go mode. I personally never have too high expectations of that sort of stuff anyway. I was only there 2 nights and got a great rate which may have just been due to good timing but still... I'll go back. It's nothing over-the-top great but I have no problem recommending it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom A
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My new wife and I had high hopes for this hotel while on a recent visit during our honeymoon. Initially we were impressed with the room's size and decor. The view of the creek and Ober Gatlinburg tram were impressive. It's location on the Gatlinburg Trolley Red Line was a nice bonus. And it's proximity to the Parkway (main drag) was great.

What we quickly found lacking here were the amenities. We turned on the gas fireplace when we entered the room and it lit. However, when we actually wanted to use it the next evening it would not light. This was about 4:30 in the afternoon. I called the front desk for assistance and was informed that maintenance was gone for the day. I asked for a partial refund and the clerk promised to speak to management and get back to me. Never heard from them. Also, the jets in the tub were not working. On the first night we realized how thin the walls were when we were repeatedly awoken by our neighbors. We arrived for breakfast at 9:30AM (it ends at 10) and found no coffee, no biscuits, a filthy waffle maker, and trash scattered through the dining area.

There are a lot of lodging options in Gatlinburg. I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank ElroyJetson1965
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Old Creek Lodge during our wedding and on our honeymoon in 2012. We liked it so much we went back and stayed here again for our one year anniversary. Again the staff was very friendly and MORE THAN helpful! Great job once more!

Room Tip: There is a much better view of the river when rooms are selected along the "long section" of the hotel over the parking garage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family