“My New Favorite!”

Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“My New Favorite!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I've always been the kind of person who picks a hotel by price. From now on I think I will pick a Hampton, based on this experience. Although we were in town for a car show in Pigeon Forge, this was a great location for national park access - I much prefer Gatlinburg to P.F. anyway and it's a short drive down the road.

Everyone at the hotel was as nice as can be and they had coffee and whole fruit 24/7 in the breakfast area. The lobby had a nice lodge feel to it, the parking easy with a 2 floor deck, and a newly renovated pool/hot tub area next to a creek. Currently, Gatlinburg is doing road construction to place all of their utility lines underground. The construction is at the hotel front right now but we had no problem whatsoever with getting in and out or walking around.

The room (4th floor) was clean other than a typical hotel carpet that looks like it needs a deep cleaning - however, they are in the process of redoing all the rooms so hopefully cleaning or replacing carpet is on the list! New TV in the room and the bathroom had a great vanity with lots of shelving for all our toiletries. Seriously - I hate stacking all my stuff up and trying not to knock it all in the sink. Bed felt fresh and clean and I love that Hampton boasts of a clean bedspread for every guest. Plenty of towels and - miracle of miracles - no random hair on them! Those three things are what I hate most about hotels and this one managed to fix all three!

Breakfast was free and awesome. Several kinds of fruit, yogurt, waffles, baked goods (including Krispy Kreme this morning), cereals, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage...it was good. The man working in the morning was so friendly and helpful, including wrestling my waffle out of the iron for me. I meant to check out the pancake house across the street during the trip, but why bother with all of this?

It's hard for me to find hotels where I can be totally comfortable because I'm always worried about cleanliness, bugs, noise, security, etc. I LOVED this hotel and the people working there. Even for Pigeon Forge events six miles down the road, I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor for the best balcony view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Rose S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear schraderj,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We love hearing from guests who enjoyed themselves as much as you did while you were here. You are always our top priority, and we are thrilled to hear you felt that way as well. We can't wait to see you on your next trip to the Smoky Mountains!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Added a day onto our reservations-couldn't get the same room the entire week, but understandable. The staff was very professional & always genuinely trying to satisfy. Great clean rooms, good breakfast, very friendly staff. New pool & hot tub area was very nice. If we return to downtown Gburg-we will stay here!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Jjflock
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests about their experience. We are glad to here you will choose the Hampton Inn Gatlinburg for your lodging needs the next time you visit The Great Smoky Mountains!
Coatesville, Indiana
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Nice place, clean, good breakfast. The only thing we noticed was there was a piece of clothing from a previous guest left on the hook on the back of the bathroom door, so we know it wasn't thoroughly looked over for cleaning, although it was a clean and updated hotel. The front desk was very nice and helpful. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Woodsfield, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is a different Hampton than most . We had a creekside double room which was clean and cozy. The seller of this spot is the central and perfect location . Breakfast was great and included by the way. The trolley system was excellent,many were free to ride anytime. Some had a small fee but much less than parking elsewhere. WOW the word is EXELLENT>>LOCATION

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Iolene S
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests about their experience. We hope you will choose the Hampton Inn Gatlinburg for your lodging needs the next time you visit The Great Smoky Mountains!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This hotel is in the perfect spot of Gatlinburg. The housekeeping staff takes pride in the work of keeping it clean and fresh, which that is how I found my room. The breakfast was great and was busy. Upon my check in, the gentelman by the name of Frankie stood out the most. He was very knowledgeable about the room we had, the local attractions, and directed us to wonderful restaurants in walking distance. He always had a smile on his face and never let a guest walk by without speaking. In fact, while sitting in the lobby, waiting for my wife to finish dressing for the eveining, I could over hear him talking with other guest and making anyone feel like they were at home and made sure everyone was offered a fresh cup of coffee that was made.Not only the room was impeccable, but the lobby was just as the room. It was my wifes' birthday that weekend and he asked if I had dinner plans for the evening.. I said not yet, we were just going to look around and try to find somewhere. He asked if he could have the pleasure in making reservations for us at a local steakhouse, which I was gladly to hand over. We had diiner at the perfect resturant, at the perfect seating from what the young lady stated that he requested, and to our surprise, walking back to the hotel, we found HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs. Lancaster message outside the Hampton Inns' sign! What a nice suprise for her and us both and what a wonderful evening we both had. While takling to Frankie and thanking him for this special evening, he remembered the coffee and what we both like in it handed it to us. This gifted man and along with the staff of this increadbale hotel outshines any and all hotels! This Hampton has set a new standards for hospitality.Yes! we found our second home! and will be back for many years to come. Thank you Hampton Inn and thank you Frankie for a wonderful weekend!

Bill and Jean Lancaster

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank William L
Mr and Mrs Lancaster,
What a pleasure it was to read this review! Frankie, as well as the rest of our staff, always take the time to get to know our guests and make them feel right at home. We are happy to hear we will be your "home away from home" when you visit the Smoky Mountains and look forward to all your future visits!
Thank you.
Woodstock, Ga
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I had a weekend get-away in Gatlinburg, Tenn and stayed at the Hampton Inn. We had a nice shady bacony overlooking the babbling creek. Our room had all the amenities we enjoy and more. The bed was very comfortable. There was a fireplace which we did not use in the July heat. We had a large jetted tub, a refrigerator and microwave. The room was sparkling clean. The lobby has a lodge look to it and the daily breakfast had lots of variety. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not want to leave because it was so relaxing! This hotel is right on the parkway, so you can walk to many resturants and attractions

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daddyman1
Cleves, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here and we had a great room, and excellent staff. No problems at all and we will stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple