Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
US$149
US$144
  • Pool
US$115
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$80
QualityInn
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$179
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$85
EconoLodge
US$134
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
US$157
US$131
Bent Creek Golf Village(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$255
US$247
HolidayInn.com
US$1,121
TripAdvisor
1,370 results
All reviewsgreat locationcreek view roomcreek sidewithin walking distanceparking lotober gatlinburgroom was cleanthe breakfast areapark entranceconvention centerfree breakfastfirst floorpool and hot tubking roomhot breakfastwould stay here againgas fireplace
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The location of the hotel is wonderful. It is right next to all the downtown shops making it easy to shop and make return trips when needed. I highly recommend staying here. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is great for families on the run.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Let me start by saying that Gatlinburg has jumped to the top three worst cities that I've ever been to. However, this review is about the gem in the awful city and I'll address that...

The Hotel is located at the edge of the infamous Gatlinburg boardwalk and is easily identifiable by a Hampton Inn sign from the road and is very closely located to a TGI Fridays (as a landmark). This is an outdoors location for those travelers who have never been to one. They are more common in the south and like many of these locations; it has a lobby area that is separate from the rooms. I was warmly greeted by the Hampton Inn staff and they honored my Hilton Gift Card and upgraded me (I"m HHonors Gold) to a King sized room from the Queen size that I booked. Both the manager on duty and the woman at the desk were very polite and were the highlight of this hotel.

The rooms offer two locations. One side offers a view of the parking lot and the other side offers a view of a creek/pool. The view of the creek/pool costs more and I honestly don't think it's worth spending the extra money because although the scenery is nice, you also have to deal with the noise from the pool area and there were many guests that ignored the curfew at the pool and were quite loud (families with kids). I was happy with my room bordering the parking lot because it was fairly quiet during the evening hours. The room offered ample space and had a balcony. I sat out on the balcony and due to the humidity in the area during the summer months, bugs naturally made their way into the room. They were minimal and didn't bug me (hahaha). The bathroom was a good size and the water in the room got warm quickly. The housekeeping staff did a mediocre job at cleaning up all of the hair from the person who stayed in the room in front of me; which is the main basis for the 4 out of 5 rating.

Breakfast in the morning is served in the separate lobby area and was your typical Hampton Inn fare of waffles, oatmeal, juices, coffee, sausage, eggs, potatoes, pastries, and fruit. Everything was well stocked and what I had tasted good. The breakfast hostess had set up a "tip cup" and was soliciting tips; which I've never seen before at a Hampton Inn and found to be uncalled for. I cleaned up my own plate and didn't have any reason to tip her anyways. I got to breakfast around 8:30am and noticed that this was around the time it got busy; so you might want to come just before that time to avoid the rush.

Overall, it was a decent stay. I'll save my feedback on the local area eateries because there's so much on the strip to choose from. Checkout in the morning was also a breeze, but I had to go to the front desk to get my bill whereas most Hampton Inns slide these under your door. Parking is free, but it's likely just built into the cost of the room. With a AAA discount I ended up spending over $125.00 a night which is about the going rate in some large cities ( I paid less in downtown Cincinnati less than 2 weeks ago). Given the area, this was the easy choice as most of the other hotels were motel-style or cabins and I trust the Hampton Inn name. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, but it isn't in my "top 5" Hampton Inns by any means. Stay with confidence.

Room Tip: Creekview rooms are more noisy and cost more
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Located right outside Smoky Mountain National Park, and walking distance to the Gatlinburg attractions. Hotel is situated near the end of the Gatlinburg strip, which keeps it more private and quieter than several other hotel properties. A big plus on such a busy street. The pool & hot tub faced the creek, and were lit in blues, purples and red lights at night. The staff was excellent. Breakfast area was accommodating with ample seating. The selections were adequate, with warm foods offered daily. The room was clean, and beds comfortable. Satellite TV coverage was patchy, but that may be common for this area in general as it is a bit in the middle of nowhere. My only real complaint was the parking area was typically crowded. With no other spots remaining, I had to park underneath the deck on the last of our three nights. During the heavy rain, water poured from the top deck to the bottom level in several areas, and we were soaked with dirty run-off water. I would happily stay here again, but would avoid parking underneath the deck.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the creek for a scenic view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Excellent location, right on trolley line, near skylift and space needle. Helpful desk clerks provided several different maps of the area. Room very clean. Excellent breakfast, good variety. Rooms have fireplaces, and some have access to the creek that runs right outside.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We love staying at Hampton Inns. Here was a different kind of experience. The creek outside of our room was great! Larger than the pictures show and the sound...aaaaah. The electronic fireplace was something new for us and just kinda nice.

The pool area is great, also right next to the creek. Morning breakfast gets a thumbs up, but the birds on the eating area outside were annoying. Not the Hampton's fault...they are accustomed to people giving them food.

Our bed was amazing---slept like a rock.

The location is good ONLY IF you want to be downtown Gatlinburg on the strip. If you are seeking peace and quiet, this isn't for you.

There were only 2 downfalls:
1) the bathroom sink was dirty upon our arrival :( Looked like dried soda all around the basin.
2) the bathroom sink's faucet was "backwards." Right was hot, left was cold.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple