“Different Hampton...yet perfect location!”

Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Different Hampton...yet perfect location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you are used to Hampton Inn Hotels, let me tell you, this one doesn't really feel like a Hampton. Main reason why is because it looks more like a Motel. I suppose they've tried to respect the area architecture and that is why they gave it this "mountain motel" look. Entrance to the rooms are outside....fortunately for us it didn't rain. Although it's advertised as recently renovated...the bed or mattress in our room felt kind of weird and unleveled. On the bright side, breakfast was quite good, property was clean and you can't beat the LOCATION! It is right in the middle of the action! We had a nice stay!

Room Tip: Location,location, location!
1 Thank Arnie2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Franklin, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This location was build for other name, and then changed to Hampton Inn. The rooms are below average size for Hampton Inns. We had to slam our room door up to 5 times to lock, service guy worked on door first day of stay. 2nd day we checked out cause of door not locking. Low price flat screen TV, forget about channel jumping. Business center internet was down entire stay with Management trying to service the 2 computers.

3 Thank Hodge R
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor. Our hotel was actually built as a Hampton Inn in 1992. It was built as an exterior hotel to keep with the architcture of the area at that time. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with guestroom safety and appointment. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Christie Connatser
Liberty, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We always love staying at a hampton since you can guarantee it will always be clean. It was also nice to have a decent breakfast. But it would have been nice if the fruit salad hadn't been frozen and thawed one to many times. It was very convenient as it was right on the strip. Staff were pleasant. The pool is only out door during summer months.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Proctorville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here 2 nights while we were in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for the Christmas season. It was a great location being right in the heart of town with easy accessibility to walk anywhere we wanted. We were directly beside of Ober if your familiar with the area and know it's location. The parking was a little tight and when we arrived for check-in there were literally only 4 parking spaces available but we were able to get one. Our arrival was a little lack luster..not bad but not good either. Just very ho-hum. Nothing about it stood out that is for sure. We were on in the last building, backside in the next to last room on the 4th floor. It was a trek but for the most part is was nice and quiet. The rooms were small and didn't have much space for our bags/suitcase but the fireplace was a nice add :) We had a King room with a Fireplace which we did use several times and it was very nice! The bed was comfy and big with good linens and pillows...in my opinion. The one complaint I did have was the shower heads in our bathroom. The water pressure was fine and it would get as hot as you wanted but the shower head itself was horrible! The towels and washcloths also were a little worn and could stand an update but they were usable by all means. Of course the dreaded word...hair was found in two towels that were in our room for use which I hate to have happen! It completely grosses me out :(
We did not eat the breakfast either morning just because we had plans of eating in town but I did go in for hot chocolate and the breakfast looked really good and plentiful. Several people were eating both mornings. The pantry area was also well stocked and had a good variety of things to purchase.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stay there as in use to Hampton hotels were quality is the norm, this one, even as it is clean and the staff is friendly, rooms are small, I meant super small.
Now, location is great as it is a great please to stay to walk Gatlinburg.

If the room size is not something that will make you decide, it is a great place to stay, it was a really great "honeymoon type stay"

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Madisonville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

It's just easier to list the pros & cons:

Pros
1.The room was clean
2. We asked for a new pillow after the first night & received one with housekeeping with no problem. A sign in the elevator stated that all bedding, including comforters are changed daily, and that seemed to be true for us.
3. Complementary breakfast was good
4. Very convenient for walking the parkway.
5. We did enjoy the fireplace

Cons
1.. Room was smaller than we expected for the price we paid.
2. The walls were very thin. One neighbor came in after 10 both nights & the other neighbor was up early to shower. I could hear the back up beepers of trucks the first morning around 5 a.m.
3. We did have an issue with the television: it was like the cable would disconnect for ten seconds every few minutes, leaving you with a black screen. It wasn't enough that you missed part of the programming, but it was annoying. We mentioned it to the front desk twice & another person overheard us & said she was having the same problem. I suppose it was hotel wide. I notice others saying they didn't have HBO. We were just there five days ago & we had it. Maybe it's a part of the television problems.
4. Very little counterspace in the bathroom, but we made it work.
5. It was a bit of a hike from the parking garage to the back side of the hotel.

If you want the room cleaned early, ask the front desk to request it. We got our early for breakfast off property one day & walked the parkway. We were done before 10 a.m. We stopped at the front desk to ask if they knew if our room had been cleaned yet. We were told housekeeping isn't allowed to even knock before 11 a.m. for those who are staying another night. They said they would let housekeeping know to go ahead & clean our room. We left again for a couple of hours & it was clean when we returned.

It looks like the pros & cons equalled out. I would stay again, but will probably look for other places to stay for our next trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whitney37354
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I was sick during my stay and had two rooms. During my stay I bought 2 pks of OLD cough drops and 2 DayQuil. After check out one room listed meds and other just said 3.25+ tax I call to ask and Regina was rude and argued. I ask for mgr and her name, she refused put me on hold when I called back she gave her name and said it wasn't her. My check out was on 12-21-13. When I say the customer is always right she tell me that's not always the case. Really come on, I just wanted u to explain the charge, I said I was going to turn around and you threaten to call the police then hang up. I had 2 children with me and this is the way u treat people that spend 5 days in your crappy hotel. I may have got sick from the first night, I was fine when I checked in.. People beware. The toilet run all night, it smelled horrible in the rooms and no HBO like other hotels. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Heylady555
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I apologize for the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. I have spoken to Regina concerning this incident, and would welcome the chance to speak with you and her at the same time to clarify the situation. If it is convenient for you, and you would like to speak with us, please contact me using the information below.

Christie Jordan-Connaster