“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Excellent place to stay in the Gaitlinburg area. Very convent to the downtown area and the convention center. Comfortable beds and wonderful staff. We all had an excellent time. Breakfast was very good... fresh waffles! YUM

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay. The staff are very courteous and helpful. The rooms are very clean and breakfast bar is wonderful! The location is very convenient to the Great Smoky Mountains and other sights in Gatlinburg and other places in the mountains.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanda C
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I booked a room for Valentine's weekend. We really enjoyed the stay. The bedding was clean and super soft, the staff was very friendly, and the room was a good size. We loved the fireplace in our king room. The breakfast was good with many options. One day there was omelets and sausage, another was scrambled eggs with ham and cheese and smoked sausage. Every day there was cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, and the waffle iron. It's right on the strip with super easy access to everything, which is what we were looking for. There was a large group of teenagers that checked in our next to the last day and they made tons of noise, running up and down, screaming and slamming doors, and the management took care of it right away. We spoke to the front desk several times about various things (what time this or that opened, whether certain things would be open because of the weather, etc) and each time, they were super helpful. Probably the most helpful and nicest staff I have encountered staying in a hotel. The only negatives I found was that the internet access was spotty, the pillows were much too small (we ran to Walmart in Sevierville and bought our own) and our door didn't close well so we had to make sure it latched. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: There are king rooms and there are king rooms over the creek. Also, don't be afraid to ask the d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful during my five night stay. The room was large and comfortable. With it being on the edge of town it is a great location to easily get in and out of the park. Easy walking distance to many things. Hampton has not disappointed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Before providing details, I have to say that the rating I presented is based on comparison to other Hampton Inns that we have stayed in over the years. I can only compare this to the many we have stayed in, and I was only pleased at the check in process. Thank you to Sarah, one of the finest associates I have met in the Hampton chain. I am a gold member with Hilton Honors reward system. It is a wonderful reward program, which I highly recommend. One of the perks of gold membership is the opportunity to book up to a better room, if available. Before we arrived, Sarah had already taken care of this, and I did not need to ask. THAT is excellent customer service.

One of the reasons we chose this Hampton Inn was because on the homepage for this specific location, it stated 2pm checkout for AARP members. Granted, I liked the AARP discount, but I would prefer the 2 pm checkout. It was clearly stated. On the morning of checkout, I went to the desk at 7 am to ask for the extended checkout time. I was denied, as I was told that this location does not offer it. I went back to my room, and after a period of time, and curiosity, went back to ask why it was posted if not honored. Please keep in mind that this was during a winter storm in Gatlinburg, with many inches projected. We needed to stay until 2pm, because we could not check in to our next inn until 3pm. Anyway, when I went back to ask , the clerk told me it was not available at this location. It was the second time I was told that today, yet I was able to pull up the page to show him that this specific location did have 2pm checkout for AARP members. He did not do a thing to fix the problem. We ended up waiting three hours during a winter storm because this location would not honor what was clearly posted on their website. Another negative is the breakfast bar. It was missing items (fresh fruit and potatoes) that other Hampton Inns have. This, of course may just have been the day we were here, so I can't lay blame. Do ask for a room where the toilet does not run every thirty minutes.

On the positive side, aside from Sarah, the location is absolutely perfect. It is in the center of Gatlinburg, right across the street from the Ober Gatlinburg tram, and well established restaurants.

Room Tip: Excellent service from Sarah, poor service from the gentlemen who worked the morning of February 12...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank chippyarm
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that Sarah was able to provide such memorable service during your check-in process. We do try to honor any upgrades for our valued HHonors members as often as we can, and are pleased we were able to do this for you.

Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for the confusion of the late check-out situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. There are specific terms for the late check out listed in the rate details section on the web site. I apologize that the complete details aren't readily available. However, I have posted them below in order to help alleviate the confusion.

We are committed to providing the best possible service for all of our guests, and helping them in any way that we can. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when you return to the Gatlinburg area.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Christie Connatser

AARP Promotion Terms & Conditions:
AARP MEMBER SAVINGS. INCLUDES 2PM LATE CHECKOUT, UPON AVAILABILITY. MUST BE CURRENT MEMBER, VALID AARP MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK IN. BLACKOUT DATES OR RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. MAXIMUM OF 2 ROOMS ARE BOOKABLE AT THIS RATE.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I had a cabin rented on the mountain in Gatlinburg, due to the snow we couldn't make it up the mountain one night. We stopped at Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg and the staff, Sarah Hill & Victor Potts made sure that we had everything we needed because we didn't even have a change of clothes. They were wonderful! It was the best experience we have ever had in a hotel!! Thank you Sarah and Victor!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

100% excellent customer service, clean rooms, great continental breakfast, close to everything, internet worked great!!! Staff was very kind, sweet, helpful, wonderful. Refrigerator and microwave very clean and worked great. Would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family