“Run”

Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Bristol, Tennessee
“Run”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Don't stay here unless you want pain. To start things off I was given one price on the phone and when I got there I was given a higher price, when I questioned it I was told that the person was looking at the wrong date. Was told we could check in at 2 pm we waited til 3, was given our room and when we went to room it was not ready. When in was ready an hour later the comforter was dirty had a brown stain on it the sheets was dirty. Went and got my own sheets for the beds, Was told I had a balcony to sit on, the balcony was maybe 2 foot wide no room for chairs to sit on, Had to go and get bug spray for the bugs in the room, we even brought so of their friends home with us. That night when we went to bed there was springs poking through the mattress. Put a hole in my behind. Went and got an air mattress put nasty comforter over it but it still poked a hole in the mattress. The shower was a joke the water went from being too hot to ice cold the whole time while showering. The best thing there was the outdoor pool. Ice machine didn't work, was told there was a microwave in room and there was not. Frig didn't keep drinks cold at all. I ask for a couple extra pillows was told they didn't have any. When I reported this to the guy at the front desk, he said that everyone on my floor had said the same thing. Had the attitude that o well your loss our gain., Sucker! They need to put some of the money that they sucker people out of back into this place. I hope that people run from this place, I don't want them to experience the bad time that me and my family had. But if you decide to stay take your own bedding and bring bug spray too.

Room Tip: Go any where but here!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PAL L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Campbellsville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Please don't stay here I would rather sleep in a car we didn't have cold water it smelled really weird the bed was super hard the place was really scary the location is the only bright side to it dont stay in this motel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John39252
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I was awoken out of my sleep by bed bugs it is the most awful thing to be bitten by one it hurts Constantly I will never stay there again it was one of the worst experience I've ever had and it's my birthday I don't think it's right we spend our money for bugs I don't think so they need to do better the manager wouldn't want to sleep in that he said he didn't have his glasses on so he couldn't see he was just scared to catch one

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Nicole B
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Housekeeping staff was very friendly and informative. Front desk people this weekend needed a lesson in friendliness and information in their area. HEATED INDOOR POOL -- NOT!!!!!!! Pool outside was warmer than the pool inside. The chemicals are off in hot-tub or it isn't cleaned right. When turned on, you basically get a bubble bath.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lfamily511
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Toads - Couples who are intertwined, embraced or other wise inappropriately too close to one another in the public pool in front of children and other guests. Please, have some dignity and respect for others, thank you.

Otherwise, we enjoy staying at the Sidney James.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dawn B
Kernersville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here over the weekend. Nice hotel but is getting a little dated, could use an update.
Was clean and had a nice indoor and outdoor pool area.
Very nice cafe on site.
Our balcony overlooked the employee parking lot.

Room Tip: get a river view room. ours overlooked the employee parking lot
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hixson, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Reserved and prepaid (Expedia) for a creek side room in March for our visit in May. Upon arrival was told we would be courtside (across street from creek) and there was nothing they could do. We went to our "room" to find it was located next to the dumpsters which were emptied every morning promptly at 6:45 a.m. The room had several areas of walls that had been patched and painted with other paint that did not match, water stains on the ceilings, cobwebs from ceilings, cable tv only had 5 working channels, killed 2 spiders, it took 24 hrs for the a/c to cool the room, the pool outside our room was partially cleaned. The desk clerks made no effort to make our stay better, instead when I walked through the lobby on Saturday morning they made sarcastic remarks about me for complaining. We had stayed there 2 years ago and loved the creek side rooms and people were so nice. Wanted to go back for our 42 anniversary only to be treated this way is not professional.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple