“Loved the Sidney James”

Sidney James Mountain Lodge
Ranked #53 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Levittown, Pa.
Reviewed 23 May 2005

My stay at the Sidney James was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very cozy and the service outstanding. Having a mountain stream right outside my window was awesome! It put me to sleep every night. This was my first stay at the Sidney James. It will not be my last! My thanks to everyone at the Sidney James. Had a great week of vacation. Looking forward to the next.

• Stayed: May 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 9 May 2005

I can't believe they would rent out rooms that look this bad. The decor is from the early seventies, and has never been updated. the bed was broken down, and the only way I was able to sleep on it was because we wore ourselves out during the day. If this was my hotel, I would either remodel the rooms, or tear the pitiful excuse for a hotel down, and bury it.
I also had to kick the door to get the key to come out of the door lock. The only thing good about it is, the exercise you will get climbing up and down the hill in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 April 2005

We had a creekside standard room- which we got at a great value, be sure to look for the stay 2 nights get one free on this hotel web site. My kids Love the indoor pool w/waterfall and their is also a jacuzzi. Also on site their is a cafe that serves breakfast and lunch right by the pool area. They also have a Outdoor pool but it wasn't open yet. They also have family rooms but none were available during our stay.

7  Thank angelfire8
Reviewed 23 April 2005

This is an older hotel. Pretty clean all except the cob webs in the corners. Very cool indoor pool with a mountain waterfall!!! That was kool!!! even has a little cave like thing. All rooms had a mini fridge. that was nice!!! Room service was good!!! I would stay there again!!! They were a cheap place!!! $100 for 2 nights!!!

7  Thank bubbleblower123
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed 26 March 2005

We recently stayed at the sydney james and truly enjoyed our stay! We will definitely be returning. The hotel was clean and the staff was excellent. The pool was truly a relaxing atmosphere along with the hot tub!! The creek side balcony brought this hotel to a close for us with a very high 1st impression.

From Virginia

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 February 2005

We stayed there after getting a brochure 3 nights for $99.00...
room pretty small but clean..bathtub kinda of gringy though..
pool nice, but lighting bad and waterfall very noisy in pool area, windows could use cleaning, in winter dont count on trolley coming its not so you will be walking downtown..close to Outback but they just announe they are closing up..

if you can get an upgrade by creek its pretty good, but lots of nicer motels in area. but for 3 nights for $99.00 you cant beat it in winter..

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sidney James for three nights over Valentine's Day weekend 2005. The hotel is definitely outdated but was very clean. Aside from the ladybugs that somehow kept finding their way into our room..we were pleased. We had a jacuzzi suite. The tub was large and worked without any problems. The mirrored walls and naked Greek man statue (it looked like his head had been glued back on several times over the years)were a bit tacky but added fun to the room!! Our friends stayed in a standard room near the pool which was the size of a large closet but very clean. Overall, I would reccommend this hotel for the price and location its a good deal. It's a close walk to the best restaurants, night spots, sky lift, and the National Parks. Happy Trails!

• Stayed: February 2005
5  Thank ImaTravelGal
Travellers also viewed these Gatlinburg hotels
Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
#68 of 78 in Gatlinburg
Glenstone Lodge
Glenstone Lodge
#37 of 78 in Gatlinburg

Been to Sidney James Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sidney James Mountain Lodge

Address: 610 Historic Nature Trl, Gatlinburg, TN 37738-3343
Region: United States > Tennessee > Sevier County > Gatlinburg
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #53 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Price Range: £32 - £78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Sidney James Mountain Lodge 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Sidney James Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sidney James Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg