“What else could go wrong?”

Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“What else could go wrong?”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed here duing the peak autumn leaves change. Great location to go out and visit Cades Cove and hiking trails. The problem was if you did not get back to the hotel early, there was not any parking left. They had more rooms than parking spots. The heater for the room blew cool air not warm. Also, there was not any hot water for showers. My kids had to take ice cold showers. before going out in the cool mountain air and hiking. Maybe refreshing when 100 plus degrees but not when 40 degrees outside. Also the breakfast was lacking. THey had fresh Krispy Kreme donuts that were very good but the cream cheese for the bages was spoiled. Then the coffee maker was not working. My next trip down I will find somewhere different to stay.

Room Tip: The suites are really open lofts for the second bed. The tv's downstairs and on the loft compet...
4 Thank Ann P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We booked this hotel to hold us over for 2 nights before our condo stay so we didn't want to spend a ton of money. This hotel was able to do that for us.

It does need some updating. The pool area could use repainting as well as the hotel room. There were areas of the room that had had plaster on it that was not painted. One major problem I had was we had an adding room and you could here everything in the other room! They had 3 kids staying in the other room, as we did in ours, but on the 1st night I was trying to get my 14 month old to sleep and due to the noise he was not having it.

Be on the look out for bears! We were walking through the parking garage back to our room and there was a bear trying to get into a trash bag that was sitting there from a cleaning crew. One of the works threw a box at the bear which scared the crap out of me! I was afraid the bear would charge in the direction of my children. Luckily he took off in the opposite direction.

I would stay here again for a short trip if it was just my husband and I.

2 Thank 618mom2boys
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I booked a nonsmoking 2 bed queen room. We were given room #206. First I want to say I commend the owner on the updates made so far. We were to stay 2 nights but only stayed 1. Upon arrival Bridgett was less than friendly when I asked questions regarding the room, to the point of light aggression. I explained we had never stayed here before and wanted to make sure we were able to get a non smoking room away from smokers due to asthma as I understood the grounds had smoking and nonsmoking near each other in some areas. I was told, "you are getting what we have left, we have done the best we could to honor your request. Your room is the last 2 queen bed room nonsmoking we have." I live 2 hours away and due to the unexpected road construction it took us 4 hours to get there with my 3 children. So I was not happy to receive the less than friendly attitude. I did not make a scene, but did explain that I had made the reservation in advance and within ample time for them to have tried to work something out. She repeated that, "as I said, we did the best we could". I took the room it was near the pool, there were no noticable odors at the time. We needed towels so I called the front desk and asked if it would be better if I came to get them, Bridgett told me it would. She did ask when I went down if the room was ok, I stated it was as we had only been in the room 30 minutes, we hadn't really had time to have a major reaction and we had used our inhalers prior to coming down. I calmly told Bridgett that I understood that she was stressed, but being a business owner myself, you never treat customers that way regardless of how stressed you are. I also told her that I neither needed or appreciated her aggressive attitude upon arrival and that I do review hotels in which we stay in and that I hoped she had a better evening. After staying in the room overnight there was definitely a mildew type odor in the room, which being near water with the air conditioner on that side, I understand can't be helped but when you and 2 of your children have breathing issues, you can't stay in that room for long. The next morning a different and MUCH KINDER lady was working the front desk, I told her of the issue upon check in as well as the problem we were having with the room and asked if we could receive a refund for the 2 night since it was within check out time. She said she would take care of the refund and asked if I would write a statement to the GM regarding the issue at check in. I complied as this woman was VERY KIND and seemed much easier to work with. I highly recommend the owner keep this lady as she will help to increase your business. She is an example of the type of person needed in the service and accomodation industry. I hate leaving a poor rating on any property, however there are still some updates that need to be completed on the rooms as well the other staff. The room would not cool properly, we had kept the air on 60 the whole time Friday and it was still too warm, but I think they are still working out the kinks of this property so I am hopeful. I have pictures of the room where the fridge, tv, microwave, coffee maker, light were to be plugged in. It is really not electrically sound to have these types of wattages hooked up this way. The was a large gap as far as doors go on the front side which I think was one of the reasons the room would not stay cool, our particular room had 2 doors and 2 other doors that adjoined to 2 other rooms.

2 Thank Melissa B
Bryson City, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I have stayed here twice. I am employed at a hotel and very much appreciate the quality of guest services at this Days Inn!! Wendy was working both times that I checked in and checked out ( she obviously works alot) and she was fabulous and accommodating in any way she could be! This hotel is in perfect location for walking around town to all the local attractions and restaurants. I would def stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachel B
Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed four nights in room 216 (on the backside) with a king bed and balcony that joined the room nextdoor. We had a nice view of the Tram going up and down the mountainside. The room was a bit small but clean and comfortable with fridge and microwave. There was an adjoining door to another room which, unfortunately, was not very sound proof nor was the door to the balcony or the door out of the room (you could easily see light from the cracks around both exterior doors). We were awakened at midnight by our neighbors talking on the balcony until 3:15 AM - OMG, we could hear every word they were saying! We did not use the pool. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Both the room and the bathroom were clean with lots of pillows on the king bed which was nice and the bed was comfortable. Good water pressure in the tub/shower. Front desk staff was friendly. We liked the location which was at the far end of the Parkway, close to the National Park entrance. We were within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Be aware that a few of the hotels at the other end of the Parkway are a bit far from the actual "downtown" area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 October 2011

After reading the other reviews, I felt compelled to write a review with our experiences. My husband, and I have stayed in this Days Inn about 6 times in a 4 year period, and there have NEVER been any problems. Listen people, you get what you pay for. Stay at a 5 star hotel if that is what you are going for. We stay here because we like a clean, simple hotel so that we can do a little more shopping, and see an extra show. For what it's worth, my husband is 6"8 & has never "nearly bumped his head" on anything. The hotel is clean, and gives you fresh towels whenever you need them.The front desk staff are nothing but friendly. The location is absolutely perfect. Walk out of your hotel & you are on the strip. If you are a middle class family who wants to enjoy their vacation instead of staying the whole time eating bon bons in your hotel, this is a great place. There is also a little gas station next door that you can get milk or bread if you need it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are our favorites, easier to get to from parking garage elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BCanfield
Sheffield, Alabama
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I booked a double room in this hotel on line through travelocity. The location was awesome! The room was great with micro fridge,coffee pot,fireplace it was nice and so clean! The indoor pool was never crowded. Breakfast is similar to other hotels, The staff was super and helpful.I will stay here again. Did I meantion the price is right! And the mountains in october are spectacular