“Currently here as I write this....”

Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Upon check-in for our HONEYMOON they told us our card was denied and made us wait until we fixed it, well turns out it was there mistake by entering in our CC Number wrong! No apologies, even after driving 5 hours... Our room is SO small... & the balconies lock from the outside. On 3 occasions we were locked outside on our 2nd floor balcony. The first two times were only for 5 minutes before our keys finally worked, the last time we were locked outside for 30 minutes!!!!! We were to the point of having to jump off our balcony or scaling the balcony to a neighbor to let us in! Finally our key decided to work again, and all they did were reset our keys. Yes, it is on the parkway, but it is literally the last hotel. I would recommend staying on River Rd, all the hotels are SO much nicer. We wish we would have stayed there, bc at Days Inn there are NO refunds. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!! Oh and the street sweepers are SO loud at night, I hope you don't go to sleep early. Oh and there were stains on our comforter, and after telling them they did nothing about it. This place almost ruined our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
3  Thank DLWarner
Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Don't be fooled by the "modern" description of 32" flat screen TV, king bed and jacuzzi tub. Anyone climbing in or out of the elevated tub runs the risk of slipping down several steps and killing themselves. Motel definitely needs updating. Bed was comfortable but not worth the other things that didn't meet expectations. Door to adjoining room rattled every time a door was shut elsewhere on the floor. Tub drain did not work well. Disgusting! Breakfast provided left alot to be desired. Powdered creamer, sugar...no sugar substitutes available. Don't know how long those doughnuts had been around, either. I would rather not ever go to Gatlinburg again than stay in a motel like this. Had the Clarion, Hilton Garden or even the Hampton Inn been available, we would not have stayed here! Buyer beware!

3  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed here duing the peak autumn leaves change. Great location to go out and visit Cades Cove and hiking trails. The problem was if you did not get back to the hotel early, there was not any parking left. They had more rooms than parking spots. The heater for the room blew cool air not warm. Also, there was not any hot water for showers. My kids had to take ice cold showers. before going out in the cool mountain air and hiking. Maybe refreshing when 100 plus degrees but not when 40 degrees outside. Also the breakfast was lacking. THey had fresh Krispy Kreme donuts that were very good but the cream cheese for the bages was spoiled. Then the coffee maker was not working. My next trip down I will find somewhere different to stay.

Room Tip: The suites are really open lofts for the second bed. The tv's downstairs and on the loft compet...
4  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We booked this hotel to hold us over for 2 nights before our condo stay so we didn't want to spend a ton of money. This hotel was able to do that for us.

It does need some updating. The pool area could use repainting as well as the hotel room. There were areas of the room that had had plaster on it that was not painted. One major problem I had was we had an adding room and you could here everything in the other room! They had 3 kids staying in the other room, as we did in ours, but on the 1st night I was trying to get my 14 month old to sleep and due to the noise he was not having it.

Be on the look out for bears! We were walking through the parking garage back to our room and there was a bear trying to get into a trash bag that was sitting there from a cleaning crew. One of the works threw a box at the bear which scared the crap out of me! I was afraid the bear would charge in the direction of my children. Luckily he took off in the opposite direction.

I would stay here again for a short trip if it was just my husband and I.

2  Thank 618mom2boys
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I booked a nonsmoking 2 bed queen room. We were given room #206. First I want to say I commend the owner on the updates made so far. We were to stay 2 nights but only stayed 1. Upon arrival Bridgett was less than friendly when I asked questions regarding the room, to the point of light aggression. I explained we had never stayed here before and wanted to make sure we were able to get a non smoking room away from smokers due to asthma as I understood the grounds had smoking and nonsmoking near each other in some areas. I was told, "you are getting what we have left, we have done the best we could to honor your request. Your room is the last 2 queen bed room nonsmoking we have." I live 2 hours away and due to the unexpected road construction it took us 4 hours to get there with my 3 children. So I was not happy to receive the less than friendly attitude. I did not make a scene, but did explain that I had made the reservation in advance and within ample time for them to have tried to work something out. She repeated that, "as I said, we did the best we could". I took the room it was near the pool, there were no noticable odors at the time. We needed towels so I called the front desk and asked if it would be better if I came to get them, Bridgett told me it would. She did ask when I went down if the room was ok, I stated it was as we had only been in the room 30 minutes, we hadn't really had time to have a major reaction and we had used our inhalers prior to coming down. I calmly told Bridgett that I understood that she was stressed, but being a business owner myself, you never treat customers that way regardless of how stressed you are. I also told her that I neither needed or appreciated her aggressive attitude upon arrival and that I do review hotels in which we stay in and that I hoped she had a better evening. After staying in the room overnight there was definitely a mildew type odor in the room, which being near water with the air conditioner on that side, I understand can't be helped but when you and 2 of your children have breathing issues, you can't stay in that room for long. The next morning a different and MUCH KINDER lady was working the front desk, I told her of the issue upon check in as well as the problem we were having with the room and asked if we could receive a refund for the 2 night since it was within check out time. She said she would take care of the refund and asked if I would write a statement to the GM regarding the issue at check in. I complied as this woman was VERY KIND and seemed much easier to work with. I highly recommend the owner keep this lady as she will help to increase your business. She is an example of the type of person needed in the service and accomodation industry. I hate leaving a poor rating on any property, however there are still some updates that need to be completed on the rooms as well the other staff. The room would not cool properly, we had kept the air on 60 the whole time Friday and it was still too warm, but I think they are still working out the kinks of this property so I am hopeful. I have pictures of the room where the fridge, tv, microwave, coffee maker, light were to be plugged in. It is really not electrically sound to have these types of wattages hooked up this way. The was a large gap as far as doors go on the front side which I think was one of the reasons the room would not stay cool, our particular room had 2 doors and 2 other doors that adjoined to 2 other rooms.

2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I have stayed here twice. I am employed at a hotel and very much appreciate the quality of guest services at this Days Inn!! Wendy was working both times that I checked in and checked out ( she obviously works alot) and she was fabulous and accommodating in any way she could be! This hotel is in perfect location for walking around town to all the local attractions and restaurants. I would def stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed four nights in room 216 (on the backside) with a king bed and balcony that joined the room nextdoor. We had a nice view of the Tram going up and down the mountainside. The room was a bit small but clean and comfortable with fridge and microwave. There was an adjoining door to another room which, unfortunately, was not very sound proof nor was the door to the balcony or the door out of the room (you could easily see light from the cracks around both exterior doors). We were awakened at midnight by our neighbors talking on the balcony until 3:15 AM - OMG, we could hear every word they were saying! We did not use the pool. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Both the room and the bathroom were clean with lots of pillows on the king bed which was nice and the bed was comfortable. Good water pressure in the tub/shower. Front desk staff was friendly. We liked the location which was at the far end of the Parkway, close to the National Park entrance. We were within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Be aware that a few of the hotels at the other end of the Parkway are a bit far from the actual "downtown" area.