Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway
Ranked #72 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Erlanger, Kentucky
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

It's not the fanciest hotel but it's a good price and I didn't observe anything too bad, just needs some remodeling. The front lobby is comfy, there is a flat screen and a fireplace. The breakfast is pretty good for a days inn. Nothing hot of course, but it seemed fresh. I noticed they brought in krispy creme doughnuts. The room looked decent. Very large for a hotel room. The beds were a little hard though. We did have some rowdy guests next to us making a lot of noise very late. However, we called the office to report it and it promptly stopped right after the complaint. The front desk was friendly. Check in and out were easy. It's right on the strip of Gatlinburg and you can walk or take the trolley, it's right outside the park. Free parking which is great. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: not a lot of cars at the days inn lot during the day, but fills up quickly at night. Just leave your...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jenniferiscool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is in a great location - - only a 4-5 minute walk to the main strip.They offer a breakfast.. They had a very nice indoor pool.A very friendly and knowledgeable staff, super helpful with great area knowledge.This is almost to the national park and a great location.
Great place, we will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mazmin
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stay in this Daysinn and Suites Downtown during spring break 2012,It exceeded our expectations. It is very clean, staff is friendly and the breakfast is good.The hotel is within walking distance of everything in downtown Gatlinburg or there is a trolly stop right by the hotel if you want to take advantage of that.The view out the window was the mountains. Pretty neat. This is almost to the national park and a great location.
If we return to Gatlinburg, we won't stay anywhere else

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David s
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

So for my 21st birthday, me and three friends want to hit Gatlinburg and have a good time. It's later in the night by the time we get there, and we were all wanting to go to the pool before they closed in an hour. We get to our rooms and the list of problems began. Our bathroom had an incomplete handle that just spins over and over with no lock, and I had to hold my foot out to make sure the gentliest breeze didn't knock it open. There were stickers from previous guest all over mirrors and a hair clip that I assume the guest were trying to use to shut the curtain since they were built so poorly. It kind of looked like the previous guest did the cleaning. I was like whatever, we will go complain and go pool while they fix. The pool REEKS of mildrew and the water was VERY cloudy to point I was scared to get in. We went back to room and some guy suddenly just barged into room wanting to fix door. Awesome, thanks for knocking...I could be naked right now for all you know, just barging on in with no warning! We end up getting of room changed and slept there that night only for us to notice our new room toilet is leaking EVERYWHERE and the shower rod fell out of wall and came down on top of my friend during her shower which caused her to fall and hurt herself and start bleeding. I went to demand a refund, and front desk woman could careless and told me for my $70 night she could only give me $20. She was going to move us rooms AGAIN to yet another piece of crap before my boyfriend somehow got on her soft side or she was terrified from my angry father blasting on her phone...while he gone I'm raging in our broken room and cleaning service just comes in and started doing their business while we still in room. Woman moved us to one of their better rooms FINALLY because my boyfriend. I will NEVER go back and feel so embarrassed and angry in front of my friends for making them have to go through all this on the only weekend we had. Worse HOTEL ever!

Room Tip: Get the highest rooms possible or look the other way! Better yet, stay away period.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Holly R
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Decided to come visit Gatlinburg for a weekend. Choose to stay here because of the location.... Worst mistake I could have made. Checked into a dirty room and the staff was not really helpful in correcting my concerns. I would suggest not staying here! Ive been to Gatlinburg a hundred times and I can say there are way better hotels around town

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brad H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

This room is in the bottom 1% of hotels I have stayed in stinks inside and out. Bathrooms nasty roaches toilet did not flush. I never write a review but felt like I needed too

• Stayed March 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Came in to see the National Park, and expected the place to be so-so. Instead, we had a GREAT room and friendly staff! I have terrible allergies, and was relieved to find that the hotel didn't have any strange fragrances, and even the detergent they used did not give me a skin rash! (This is often a problem of mine with hotels). It was located near the beginning of the strip area, and also right at the entrance to the National Park. All around great place. Next time I visit the area, I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends