“Great value!”

Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very convenient and were very pleased with the cleanliness for an inexpensive motel. The room had a nice new television and the staff was very friendly. It is just a short walk to the Pancake Pantry and the Aquarium! We will definitely consider the Mountain House Motor Inn for future visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richmond B

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The staff were so nice and friendly. The rooms were spacious enough and very clean. We would stay here again. It is not a well know place or name but we would recommend this anytime.Big ole screen TV with a large bathroom. Best mattresses for a good nights rest after a long day of hiking and shopping in the heart of beautiful Gatlinburg. Stay here :*)

Room Tip: Great price since Gatlinburg shops can eat it up pretty quick if you let it!
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second and last stay at this establishment. I booked online through Orbitz and it took them 20 minutes to find my reservation. The bathroom had no privacy curtain and the window faced a hotel on the hill. There were no towels or washcloths to be seen. I had to go to the front office to get them. There was almost no toilet paper on the roll and when it ran out I had to call a number posted on the office door 3x before someone answered. The owner I presume originally stated he lived 30 minutes away and it would be 8 am before he could get some. I told him we couldn't go 8 hours without toilet paper and he finally asked what unit I was in. I'm waiting for him as I type this at 12:15 am. Very rude and poor service from the start.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Thomas E
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We knew we were going to be late arriving, so I called the hotel. The manager said they would be closed by the time we arrived, but he left the key for us in the drop box. Room was clean and very big but the overwhelming smell of cheap cleaners gave me a headache. The heated tile floors in the bathroom were an unexpected perk. We had a river view from a tiny port hole in the bathroom. It would have been nice if the back wall had a big window so we could enjoy the view. The location is great, we could walk about a mile to the main strip and we were right in front of The Aquarium. The back entrance to The Village is also about a block from the motel. Go thru there and be sure to stop at The Donut Friar- they make fresh donuts every day. The eclairs are awesome too. The manager that we dealt with was very friendly. We will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Quiet area
3  Thank ChadAmyJoelly
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel was in a GREAT location and the lady that checked me in Saturday night was really nice. The only request I would probably have is to talk to the housekeepers about talking so loud while cleaning rooms. I would probably stay at this location next time if I go when it's warmer because there are 2 pools even though they are small. The biggest con for me is that they don't even have a continental breakfast in the lobby. That is 100% on me for not looking at my breakfast options before booking.

2  Thank camille b
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived on Saturday morning needing an extra room. The manager not only gave us the extra room at the internet price he also gave us adjoining rooms and let us check in early. The rooms were clean and reasonable. It was very quiet being so close to downtown. Good nights rest after a long day of hiking and shopping!

Room Tip: The rooms near the back is where we were. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here last weekend-very clean and comfortable.The hotel is very close to the main street in Gatlinburg-cam easily walk in under 5 minutes-so no parking fees.Also the locationis very quiet.Would definitely stay again and the price was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends