“Loved it!”

Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everything about this place was excellent. Everything was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were just close enough to the main strip for everything to be in easy walking distance, but just far away enough to not be bothered with heavy traffic. We will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ed M

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here April 11-13. The motel is located 2 blocks from the main strip. Everything is within walking distance, and there is ample parking in front of the rooms.
Our room was clean and suited our needs perfectly! There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker.
My only compliant is how low the shower head is...as a tall person, ducking to rinse my hair is bothersome.
Joe, at the front desk suggested that we go to Bennett's for ribs...it was a nice walk and the ribs were incredible!
Great weekend!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andra B
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Christian family run business. Its an older, renovated motel that is only a couple of blocks from the Parkway (the opposite way from the Aquarium). I went through the Chamber's website and got a King room w/sofa, overlooking the pool for $58. It had a microwave, refrig, flat screen TV, chair and balcony. Great people to deal with.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 414. It was separated from all the other rooms by a wide hallway with an inclined...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jody54
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very convenient and were very pleased with the cleanliness for an inexpensive motel. The room had a nice new television and the staff was very friendly. It is just a short walk to the Pancake Pantry and the Aquarium! We will definitely consider the Mountain House Motor Inn for future visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richmond B
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The staff were so nice and friendly. The rooms were spacious enough and very clean. We would stay here again. It is not a well know place or name but we would recommend this anytime.Big ole screen TV with a large bathroom. Best mattresses for a good nights rest after a long day of hiking and shopping in the heart of beautiful Gatlinburg. Stay here :*)

Room Tip: Great price since Gatlinburg shops can eat it up pretty quick if you let it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second and last stay at this establishment. I booked online through Orbitz and it took them 20 minutes to find my reservation. The bathroom had no privacy curtain and the window faced a hotel on the hill. There were no towels or washcloths to be seen. I had to go to the front office to get them. There was almost no toilet paper on the roll and when it ran out I had to call a number posted on the office door 3x before someone answered. The owner I presume originally stated he lived 30 minutes away and it would be 8 am before he could get some. I told him we couldn't go 8 hours without toilet paper and he finally asked what unit I was in. I'm waiting for him as I type this at 12:15 am. Very rude and poor service from the start.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Thomas E
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We knew we were going to be late arriving, so I called the hotel. The manager said they would be closed by the time we arrived, but he left the key for us in the drop box. Room was clean and very big but the overwhelming smell of cheap cleaners gave me a headache. The heated tile floors in the bathroom were an unexpected perk. We had a river view from a tiny port hole in the bathroom. It would have been nice if the back wall had a big window so we could enjoy the view. The location is great, we could walk about a mile to the main strip and we were right in front of The Aquarium. The back entrance to The Village is also about a block from the motel. Go thru there and be sure to stop at The Donut Friar- they make fresh donuts every day. The eclairs are awesome too. The manager that we dealt with was very friendly. We will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Quiet area
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family