“Will stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
New York
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The rooms were very clean and come with a microwave and fridge. The rooms are spacious. The beds were a bit on the firm side, but I know that is a preference thing. We didn't try the pool, but it looked clean.

Great location, within walking distance of the main downtown area, and only a couple miles drive from the Smoky Mountain Park entrance.

We did encounter a slight issue on our second night. A couple checked into the room adjacent to ours, and they were extremely loud. We could hear every single word they said. We were in a room that had an adjoining door to their room so that is probably why we could hear them so clearly. I went to the front desk and told them that the people who had just checked in next to us were very noisy. The front desk immediately transferred us to a different room, one without an adjoining door. I didn't even have to ask to be transferred.

We would definitely stay here again! You can’t beat the price or location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MrsS08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed here before and have always had a good experience. This past month I stayed here for 6 days and had no complaints per se. The room was spotless, bed was comfy, staff was wonderful, and price was great. Had minor issue with wifi, but it was addressed immediately for me. Only problem for me this visit was the need to do laundry, but was unable to use the laundry facilities due to furniture being stored in the room with the machines, thereby having to go to a laundromat.

I normally keep my 'do not disturb' sign on my hotel doors as I have had a trust issue with housekeeping staff in the past. Durng my stay here, I forgot to put my sign on the door one day while gone. I came back and my room had been picked up, and the bed made and dirty towels were replaced. I had left money out, as well as my PC, and other valuables. I was happy to see that not one thing had been disturbed by staff, and not one penny, nor piece of jewelry was missing. Yay for that! =-) Definitely very nice to have trustworthy housekeeping staff, so thank you.

The hotel is close to the main Parkway and offers easy access via the backside of the Village. If looking for a nice, clean, roomy place to stay, close to it all with a great price, then this is a great option!!
Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank deputy836
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Check-in was fast and easy; Rob at the front desk was very friendly. The cleaning staff was friendly and helpful as well. Our rooms were fresh and clean. The linens looked and smelled clean. The beds were comfy and there were plenty of pillows. There was a brand new flat screen tv on the wall. The water for the shower was hot and the pressure was excellent. There was a clean, working microwave and a small fridge that kept our drinks nice & cold. The motel is a very short walk to the main parkway and there is also a trolley stop right in front of the motel. There is an outdoor pool the appeared to be clean, although we did not plan to swim. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Queenmapper
Kettering
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Old adage applies, get what you pay for. We were able to save some money and found this to be a good location within walking distance of downtown.

Employees were very nice, room was large, very clean, comfortable bed and had a large flat screen TV. The bathroom was out of date & small. Shower controls were two faucets with no pressure balancing. Sink faced a corner, with mirrors on the side walls which was strange. Our room was next to the pool, but the drapes did not reach the floor to provide total privacy or light prevention.

Room Tip: Room was very noisy from street traffic - try to get a room as far away from the main street as poss...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Paul A
Franklin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I come to Gatlinburg every year, sometimes twice, and this is where we stay. We've stayed here for the past 4 years. It's very clean and I don't think you will find another hotel this close to the strip for the prices this hotel offers. The last time we were there they had recently remodeled and updated the rooms. It's run by a friendly Christian family and I've never had an issue while staying here. Keep up the good work, we will see you in October! :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah M
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everything about this place was excellent. Everything was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were just close enough to the main strip for everything to be in easy walking distance, but just far away enough to not be bothered with heavy traffic. We will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ed M
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here April 11-13. The motel is located 2 blocks from the main strip. Everything is within walking distance, and there is ample parking in front of the rooms.
Our room was clean and suited our needs perfectly! There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker.
My only compliant is how low the shower head is...as a tall person, ducking to rinse my hair is bothersome.
Joe, at the front desk suggested that we go to Bennett's for ribs...it was a nice walk and the ribs were incredible!
Great weekend!