“Good value”

Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown
Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is basic, but it was great for us since we spent most of our days in the National Park. When we arrived, I wiped down all the surfaces, including the toilet seat and tub, with disinfecting wipes. The wipes were still white when I was done. The location is great: a short walk from the main strip, but quiet. You can enter the strip by walking through The Village shopping center which is one of the more quaint areas downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank TXAgLandMom

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights and was very happy. Very clean and great location. Price was very reasonable. Would definitely stay again. Walking distance from the main strip. Nice location and quite. Didn't want to spend all of our money on an expensive place to stay, this was perfect. Staff was very friendly.

7  Thank Dawna M
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here for one night passing through the area. Well kept and spacious rooms. Very friendly staff. Located within walking distance of the Main Street in Gatlinburg but not too close to hear the sounds. Would definetly stay here again on our next trip to the area.

2  Thank immels4_53085
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here In Late May. The place was not busy so we got one of the nicest rooms. We had made a mistake when booking and booked the wrong days and arrived a day late. The staff was very nice. Gave us a big no problm and gave us the days we had meant to book at no extra charge. The front desk was very helpful answering any questions we had duruing our stay. We will stay here again. One thing I would mention, not a complaint, but a heads up. As others have mentioned the bathroom (aka the shower toilet area is small) could be hard to navigate for a larger person, be advised.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stanbo_13
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights Last week. Very close to all the shops but far enough away to keep from the noise of the streets. The rooms are very big and clean. Big flat screen TV in our room. The pools looked nice but it rained so we didn't get to use them. Very friendly staff. Will most likely stay again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kdobbs4211
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A moderate priced clean place with tiny bathrooms and even though I booked my trip through reserve gatlinburg they tried to charge me at the hotel when I left(waiting on refund now). Clean with two pools the kids enjoyed but tiny tiny bathrooms

Room Tip: room 301 appeared to be the primo room I was in 309
1  Thank slammingsammy
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed another weekend here while in town. We won't stay anywhere else in Gatlinburg, as long as the Mountain House has room for us. The staff is so very nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean. There is a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. The only problem I had was the wireless was spotty. Sometimes I could get a good signal and sometimes I couldn't. I moved from the back table to the one by the window and that helped a lot. This is an older property, but it is very well maintained and super clean. It's in a great location and just a short walk from Downtown. I recommend taking a walking shortcut through "The Village" when going into town. We can't wait to come back and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple