Went to friends wedding at Honeymoon Hills. Since their reservation was at this resort, we made ours there too. Wasn't familiar with their policies before calling. Was informed on phone about no refund policy. Made reservation anyway. Was really shocked to see confirmation letter was 3 or 4 pages of little print informing us of everything we could get charged extra for and driving directions. We have stayed in numerous cabins and hotels before, never saw anything like this before. (advise anyone going there to obtain this info).
The employees we met there were very friendly and even advised a good steak house (Peddler) to eat at after the wedding ceremony. The wedding ceremony was very good and the minister did a great job! I can understand their policy on no photos at wedding ceremonies because they are in the business of selling you photos and video of your wedding.
We had no problems finding resort, however you are in the mountains and we had to climb 2 hills to get to our cabin. Not bad till it snowed and we had to go out before they got the hills salted. quite scary and we were in a 4 wheel drive truck. This property is just off the arts and crafts loop so there are many of those businesses close if interested.
The cabins here are OK. The only thing unique is the heart shaped jacuzzi tubs. Other than that, other cabins we have been to were nicer and a lot less expensive. The cabins here are very close to each other. The walls inside them appears to be painted OSB (not very appealing). Our cabin was much nicer than the one the bride and groom had. WIFI would be a real nice addition to be able to search activities and purchase tickets online. (the computer picked up a strong signal for honeymoon hills but it is a secured network). In the room was a paper with sort of a contest to win 2 nights free for writing the best reviews that they could use. Why that instead of an opinion survey to find out what they could do to make your stay better?
When we departed the cabins we decided to stay another night in town. We got a very nice hotel room with a jacuzzi tub, microwave, refrigerator, indoor pool and hot tub in Pigeon Forge for 1/4th the amount we paid for this cabin. Overall the cabin served its purpose but, there was nothing about it that would make us want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, romantic cabins nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains of Gatlinburg, TN featuring red heart shaped jacuzzi for 2, outdoor hot tubs, fireplace, fully stocked kitchens and breathtaking mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg
- Honeymoon Hills Hotel Gatlinburg