“Great ride in the mountains”

Smoky Mountain Riding Stables
Valrico, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ride in the mountains”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and our two teens were on our way to sugar land but found this place first. We were greeted with southern hospitality and felt comfortable from the start. Our guide was witty and pleasant with just a few cowboy jokes. The horses were extremely well disciplined and trained. We will definitely recommend this place to others.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Binaray96

Fayetteville, North Carolina
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Ride”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I regularly ride when we take vacations. The riding trail used by Smoky Mountain Stables is by far the most beautiful we have ever taken. The 8 mile trail took us into the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and was full of peaceful natural scenery. The guide, Gary, was incredibly personable and a lot of fun to ride with. This is a must do if you are visiting the Gatlinburg area!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank FoodMeister83
Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great ride to the top”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband had this on his list of things to do on our trip to the Smokies, but I was a little apprehensive. To make him happy I went and was very glad I did. It was not scary at all and the views were fabulous. We ate lunch at the top and proceeded to take the ski lift to the very top. It was worth it!!!!!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank beachair25
Wooster, Ohio, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful views”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I was in the area with three of my kids and we chose the two hour ride. The guide was friendly and familiar with the area. It was a great family activity, but it wasn't cheap.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anne C
Madison
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good Ride”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Follow the directions on the website carefully to find this place. Since it is part of the park, there is only one sign at the entrance and easy to miss. The parking area and stables are located behind a band of trees making it difficult to see from the road. No reservations are required and we were saddled up and riding within 15 minutes of arrival. They take pictures of you and your group for sale.

Our ride was up a dirt road which was quite muddy at times. My shoes and lower pant legs got mud splatters on them. My wife wished she wore her water shoes and short pants to make it easier to clean up upon completion of the ride. We took the 1 hour trail and the first 30 minutes was pretty level and slightly hilly. The second 30 minutes had us ascending and descending some steep areas. The entire trip is on a dirt/muddy road that would be impossible to walk - with the mud. Just trust the horse and maintain your balance and you'll have a fun time.

This was our 3rd time riding horses (once in Belize and once in Jamaica) and was very light on tour guide commentary. If you like a nice quite ride in the woods, this is the one for you.

Visited August 2013