“Quiet enjoyment”

Smoky Mountain Riding Stables
Reviewed 20 November 2013

If you are looking for a quiet stroll .. er ... ride through the forest - this is your place. Alan took we three ladies out on a chilly November afternoon and we enjoyed the respite from hiking. There are no fast moves or brisk trotting but we didn't want that anyway. Worth a visit. Be sure to say hello to Alice who will take your picture on the horse and make you look natural!

2  Thank marilynmoha

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and our two teens were on our way to sugar land but found this place first. We were greeted with southern hospitality and felt comfortable from the start. Our guide was witty and pleasant with just a few cowboy jokes. The horses were extremely well disciplined and trained. We will definitely recommend this place to others.

2  Thank Binaray96
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I regularly ride when we take vacations. The riding trail used by Smoky Mountain Stables is by far the most beautiful we have ever taken. The 8 mile trail took us into the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and was full of peaceful natural scenery. The guide, Gary, was incredibly personable and a lot of fun to ride with. This is a must do if you are visiting the Gatlinburg area!

3  Thank AmExplorer83
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband had this on his list of things to do on our trip to the Smokies, but I was a little apprehensive. To make him happy I went and was very glad I did. It was not scary at all and the views were fabulous. We ate lunch at the top and proceeded to take the ski lift to the very top. It was worth it!!!!!

3  Thank beachair25
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I was in the area with three of my kids and we chose the two hour ride. The guide was friendly and familiar with the area. It was a great family activity, but it wasn't cheap.

1  Thank 979annec979