“Excellent ride”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent ride”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stopped in here without a reservation. Owners and staff were very nice. I was planning on an hour ride, but decided to take a 2 hour with another customer (who was, like me, a horse-owning Grandma with some experience). They picked a shorter horse for me, per my request ("Mighty Mouse") an adorable, stocky little gelding, and a taller mount for the other lady. They tightened the girths, helped us mount and then adjusted the stirrups to the correct length (very important). Our guide was named Wes, an easy-going local who kindly tolerated my incessant chatting! The 2 hour ride went all the way to the top on some moderately steep climbs. The horses were in excellent shape and well-cared for. They did the climb with ease, and were easy to manage. (They did try to sneak a bite at the leaves, as all horses will, but they were very easy to correct.) The trails are not flat, have a lot of rocks and stones, and some brook crossings. I was impressed at how well these horses handled the trails, both going up and coming back down. It was a very enjoyable ride and the other customer and I had a great time. I think our guide did, too! They will take pics of you as you come back and you can purchase them if you like. (I wanted some pics of Mighty Mouse! In fact, I wanted to take him home with me!) I would definitely recommend this stable.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank CoffeeCreekFarm

“Great for any level rider!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I own and ride horses and had a blast! Horses well behaved and well taken care of. Scenery was gorgeous! Guide was terrific! Friendly staff and they take pictures for you!

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very accomodating”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went on Easter Sunday, not knowing if they would be open, and they were, there was no wait, and they even accommodating one guest that is just over the weight limit without a problem (although we had to take the shorter trail ride). It's a nice ride over brooks and through the woods. The only down side is there was no big view or waterfall to ride to, but I'm not sure if that is an option with any of the other stables either at this point. It was a great adventure for the family, with easy to ride horses and a careful guide.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank liscotta
Warren, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Trip”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We just got back from a week long trip to the Smokies, and our time spent with Smoky Mountain Riding Stables was one of the highlights. The ride through the mountains was great. The horses were all gentle and well trained, and our guide Billy was fantastic. We had a wonderful time.

Visited April 2014
Greenville, WI
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A nice ride”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We took a late afternoon ride, the horses were very calm and well behaved. They gave my son a helmet and the guide took my sons horse directly behind him so all my son had to do was hang on. It was a very slow, relaxing ride and the guide gave us the history of the stable. I would take my family again.

Visited March 2014