“We loved it. This will be where we ride every time we visit the Smokys.”

Smoky Mountain Riding Stables
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a blast. We rode for 45 mins for $25.00. This was plenty of time and the best price we have found in the area. The ride is beautiful. We seen a few wild turkeys.The horses are gentle. My 10 year old Granddaughter rode alone for her first time ever. Our guide great. Very informative on horses and the area. We loved it. This will be where we ride every time we visit the Smokys.

1  Thank Tars57

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had no horse back riding experience. Our girls are 5 and 7.

We had a great experience and a great time. We did the one hour tour which was just enough for our active 7 year old. Our five year old was "connected" to the guide the entire time via a rope.

A memorable experience for all of us. Everyone there was very nice and our guide was great.

There was no narrative from the guide and you ride in single file, so if you were in the back you wouldn't get be able to hear anyway. You don't need it though--the ride is enough.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My daughter and I vacationed in Gatlinburg and decided to go horseback riding. We chose Smoky Mountain Riding Stables and had a wonderful experience. Neither my daughter or I had ever ridden a horse. The owner and the guide explained how to ride the horse and guide it along the trail. The ride was about an hour and our guide was always in view and checking on us. A young woman took pictures at the beginning and again at the end. Afterwards we were able to pet the other horses. This was the highlight of our visit to Gatlinburg and we would highly recommend Smoky Mountain Riding Stables.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was a beautiful trail ride in the National Park. Our guide Billy was great and the horses were well mannered. We definitely recommend it!

2  Thank JupiterFLMom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was on our way from our hotel, so we decided to stop. For only 25 dollars per we were able to ride for 45 minutes through the woods. Our guide was very friendly, really enjoyed him. The only complaint was an older man who was rude and crude. Because I am getting a little older I had a little difficulty getting on horse. He rudely told me that "You don't have to ride". I told him that once I got on I would be fine, but he said, "Not necessarily." Most of the time I have steps to help me get on my horses but the do not offer any thing to stand on to help get up on horse.

1  Thank Annette M