“Yummy!”

Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were a party of 6 adults and 3 got the triple play! Ribs, chicken tenders and pulled pork. 2 of us got the steaks and 1 the ribs. Everything was delish and my son couldn't stop raving about the ribs! He said they really were award winning! Would have gone back if we had stayed longer. Definite revisit next time though!

Jeff C, General Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed our award winning ribs. While we have won many awards, the opinions of our guests is what really counts. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,156)

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent ribs, best around. We live in Ohio. Wish there was one here. Well actually if there were I might not weigh 120 lbs. Seriously, though we base our vacations around when we can go to this place. I wish they could ship those ribs in dry ice. Great service, Great food. :-)

Wow! We are flattered, to say the least! We are thrilled you enjoyed everything so much and we look forward to serving you in the future. If any of us ever go to Ohio, we will stop by and drop a rack or two off at your place.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ate there for lunch yesterday and overall a good experience. I wanted to try the Alaskan salmon in spite of the fairly high price for a lunch portion, but was not so happy with the taste. Of course Sockeye Alaskan has a different taste from Atlantic salmon and a different look, but there was some type of seasoning on the fish or either it was just not good that I had to ask for something different. I never like dealing with management over such petty issues, but the manager was not so bad and although a bit defensive about the quality of the Alaskan salmon freshness, he was good about taking care of me and letting me chose another item (Chicken cordon blue sandwich - very good!), and even new added sides, so I was overall impressed with that. Also, the view there is great and the bartender could not have been better, and was nice to everyone there, going out of his way to mention things to customers to help them out. I would definitely give it another try later, but maybe not for the Alaskan salmon.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy the Salmon, but I am happy you quickly found a replacement in the Cordon Bleu. We really appreciate your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Had heard and seen much hype regarding Calhoun's award-winning BBQ. Gatlinburg is a tough, competitive BBQ market, and I found Calhoun's product to fall in the middle of the pack. I was disappointed that neither brisket nor sausage were offered. My pulled pork was very average; side dishes of slaw and mac - n - cheese were very good. Calhoun's Wet Wings were the best item that we ordered. Service was good, seating was quick. Unfortunately, the BBQ didn't match the hype.

Jeff C, General Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for giving us your evaluation. We appreciate it. We do offer brisket on Wednesdays at all locations. Thanks for visiting!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We went and ate here on the last night before we left town, overall food was really good, really wish we could of tried this again as it was really good, my wife and I both enjoyed eating here.

We are glad you enjoyed everything, and we sure hope you get the chance to come back again soon. Thank you for coming in.