“Great place short hike”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great place short hike”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We have stayed at Baskins Creek twice May 07 & May 08. Both times we had a great experience. The rooms were clean...the rooms are nice. I would recommend the pool view because if you get the mountain view...you get the surrondings below which is some nasty run down places. But the pool view is great. It was too cool for us to swim but we enjoyed hanging out around the pool area, very nice. It is a very short walk to the main drag there in Gatlinburg. So it was nice to park the car and walk to everything we needed. If you want to stay in a condo - in Gatlinburng with a short walk to downtown this is it! We were also able to rent videos downstairs in the lobby. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank HSV-Mommy

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 March 2009

The condos were built within the past two years and are very nice. Beds are sooo comfortable and there is plenty of room in a 3 bedroom. The gas fireplace in the main area kept us toasty, but not too warm. It was just right. The location is perfect. You can walk to "The Village" for breakfast or lunch at The Pancake Pantry, pick up donuts at The Donut Friar, stock up on taffy, a variety of hard candies and chocolate, as well as the best caramel apples I've found. There are also several places to shop. You can either drive to a lot a few blocks down - or walk from the condos. My only complaint about the place is that there are too many nik-naks sitting around. We've named it kudzu because there is a little something sitting everywhere that must be placed exactly where it was when you arrived. Aside from that, if you can afford to spend a little more, go for it!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Traci B
Ashland Ky
Reviewed 21 October 2008

It was our first time staying at Mountian Vista Luxury Rentals (Owned by Baskin Creek Condominiums) I made my reservation over the phone the staff seemed very helpful. We arrived and thought the place was beautiful and nicely decorated and new & clean. The price was a little more than we would like to paid but we thought it was a good location and newer. We stayed in unit #213 which was supposed to be Mt. side but it really looked onto some other properties and if we looked up we could see the Mountains. First night in that unit made dinner for my family of 4 and loaded the dishwasher and very soon realized a burning rubber smell coming out of the dishwasher. Turned off the dishwasher tried to call down to the front desk to find out the phone isnt even connected in the condo. Good thing I had a cell phone for emergency. I waited until the next mornign to go to the front desk since it was already late in the evening. The next day reported the dishwasher to the front desk (Jewel) and she was the only person at the front desk or near the front desk. Needless to say she told me that the maintanance guy was very busy and didnt know when he could get to it. Ok this place was close to $200 a night so I just told her our unit # and we would be gone most of the day. Came back 4-5 hours later still not fixed told the front desk again and the girl (Jewel) came up to our room to get what she called a visualize...after 2 hours I went to the desk again and a new girl informed me that the maintanace man came but went to the wrong room and he would be back on Monday and this was Saturday !! I told her that is a problem because I dont do dishes at home and I wont do them on vacation especially for the price I paid for the room. And the unit was to be with all dishes and a dishwasher. I asked to see the manager he was not in..so I had him call me. THIS IS WHERE IT IS SO UNBELEIVABLE THAT YOU HAVE TO READ ON !!!! sO THE MANAGER Mr. DAvid Acor called me back yelling at me saying that it was my fault that the maintanance guy went to the wrong condo because I gave him the wrong unit #..First off He wasnt even at the front desk..then he proceeded to say how rude I was to his staff and If I didnt like it " I COULD JUST LEAVE !! " I told him that I I just wanted to have clean dishes and after making dinner and breakfast i was about out of dishes and what was he going to do about it..and again he was so intrusive and told me "I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE FILTHY RICH YOU ARENT TOO GOOD TO DO DISHES !!" I told him I wasnt arguing that point but After paying $200 a night you would think he would make some sort of accomadation to a guest....bring me more dishes or even a dish cloth to wash the dishes. He again yelled at me and told me again 'IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE AND IF YOU GIVE ME ANY MORE TROUBLE I WILL KICK YOU OUT"!"
This was all taking place on my cell phone while had my children in the middle of Gatlinburg shopping. He also told me that I had 30 minutes to see if everything was in working condition after checking in to report any problems...and I could just leave if I dont like it because he wasnt doing anything until Monday. Then he hung up.
I was shocked and appalled the way he was talking to a guest a 1st time guest at that....plus he never apologized never tried to make any accomodations or even offer a dish cloth to do the dishes. For $200 a night I was utterly shocked. I started to price other rooms in town but most were booked. My husband tried to speak to Mr Acor when we got back to the condo but the staff at the desk said he was gone but yet we saw him in the parking lot. We stayed only because it was a Satruday night at 6:30pm and we would be paying for another night because we know Mr. Acor would not refund our money. It totally runied our evening and the rest of trip we were upset about the way we were treated. All this over a dishwasher....and what was really scary is the man lied to say that it was my fault that the maintanance man had the wrong condo unit and also lied that he was at the front desk plus the manaGERS EXPLOSIVE ANGRY COMMENTS and telling us to leave.. I suggest you do not stay at the Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals the condo may be nice but the service is just down right scary and for $200 a night I dont need to be treated that way over something so petty as dishes and a dishwasher. Honestly Ther are so many other places in town that I wil never stay ther or any establishment that this man is a manager at.

• Liked — It was new
  • Disliked — The treatment from the staff mainly Manager
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
37 Thank greatdaneashlandky
mvlr, Reservation Specialist at Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals, responded to this review, 5 November 2008
In response to this review, I would like to start by saying that the staff at Baskins Creek Condos takes pride in assisting their guest with all matters. The staff is very welcoming and acknowledges our guests needs in a respectful manner even in a challenging situation.
If there is a concern within a unit it is handled in a timely manner and to the best of our ability.
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2008

We just returned from a wonderful vacation in the Smokies, and the Baskins Creek condo we rented was a contributing factor. I reserved the condo based solely on the website, and the reward was an excellent accommodation. We were greeted by friendly and courteous staff members. The lobby is large, well decorated, and very reminiscient of a mountain lodge. The condos are fairly new, with upscale furnishings and bedding. Each condo has a full kitchen with all appliances, a washer/dryer, gas fireplace, and jacuzzi tub. The balcony is large enough to accommodate two small tables and four chairs. The pool area is very clean, and the management provides pool towels. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the building interiors are immaculate. Considering the size of the building, there was very little noise.
The condo complex is located in a quiet section of Gatlinburg, within walking distance to the Parkway. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops just outside the front door.
The only negative was the condition of the paint on the walls and woodwork, now showing scuffs and wear after a couple of years. But even this is a minor negative as it became apparent to us that the management is planning paint very soon.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Overall appearance and location
  • Disliked — No housekeeping services
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank maggymae