“Mrs”
other travellers have booked this property
Side of chalet Still
Back Deck
View of Mount Leconte
View of Mount Leconte
sign
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MARIA G
Miami
“Mrs”
Reviewed 21 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We very much enjoyed our stay at Barely Afraid. The views are spectacular and the accommodations are more than comfortable. The kitchen is so well-stocked that you don't need to bring anything with you at all. We found the owners to be very responsive and helpful. Thank you for providing a wonderful place for our getaway!

Dauhrice...
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Wonderful place. The view was outstanding. Wonderfully decorated cabin. All of us enjoyed our stay. Just wish we had more time to enjoy being at the chalet. We were too busy going to Dollywood(a great day),sightseeing and going to the Aquarium (great experience as well). Loved our time in the mountains.

Roam24612
“Bearly Afraid made us feel Completely Welcome!”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Terry and OC made this the most enjoyable experience I have ever had with a vacation rental. Let me start by saying the chalet is fantastic! The view is spectacular and the decor of the chalet is very homey and welcoming. Both Terry and OC kept us to date on the road conditions as a strong wind and rain storm hit the week before we arrived. We were provided with alternate directions that got us there with no issues. If you are going to stay in the Gatlinburg area at all, then this is the chalet for you. I can not thank both Terry and OC for welcoming us into there home and giving my family the vacation that we all so desperately needed.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Paul K
Shelton
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 13 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I am writing this on behalf of Ray, my name is Liz and I am one of the seven family members that stayed in this beautiful chalet...from the moment we walked in we felt like we were home..everything was perfect , the view stunning ..we were fortunate to see the full moon over the mountain ..as we were walking out to pack up the car what did we see? Baby bear footie prints on the deck! That came to say goodbye.....We cannot say enough about this beautiful place and look forward to coming back and we're really bummed that we had to leave...love this place ..

Management Response
15 May 2017
Thanx for the really awesome review. As you did, we love our Smoky Mountain home. We are striving still to make it the most eclectic place to stay in Gatlinburg, your home away from home! We are proud to know that we are part of your Smoky Mountain memories for your vacation. Everyone stay safe & hopefully we'll see ya for your next one! See y'all again soon!
luvinthej...
Tiberias
“I could "bearly" stand to leave this place!”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My friends and I went to the Smokey Mountains for a week and stayed at the Bearly Afraid chalet. It was wonderful. The fall colors were at their peak during the week. The views from the chalet were breathtaking. The chalet is everything the website describes it to be. I won't go into all the details again, but just know, what the owners write about their place is true. I highly recommend staying here. It is so much better than an apartment or hotel room. It's a house...a home. I've included a few more photos, but there are plenty to look at on their website. I encourage you....don't waste your money on a drab hotel room. Don't invest in a condo or apartment where you will hear the neighbors each time they close a door or turn on their TV. No! Stay at Bearly Afraid and you will settle in your "home away from home."

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and being able to sit on the balcony to enjoy it.
Liked least: The driveway. It was a little challenging to get out of!
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
10 Nov 2016
Wow Mike. We so appreciate this review. I am so glad that you & your family enjoyed it that much! I am so glad that you got to come here and feel "at home", after all that is our goal. We hope to have future houseguests as spectacular as you. We are so excited for you to come back as soon as you can. Thanx for being our awesome houseguest at our Smoky Mountain home, your home away from home!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing