“Could have been really nice.......”
Review of My Cabin Vacation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
My Cabin Vacation
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Could have been really nice.......”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Well, my husband and I brought our motorcycle out for a week in the Smokies. We have been to Gatlinburg before but stayed in condos. I thought a log cabin would be a nice change. First, their cabin, Magical Forest, was advertised as within "walking distance" to downtown Gatlinburg. It's not. It's about a mile up a one lane road in horrible shape. We get inside and it wasn't ready for new guests yet. When we arrived back it had been straightened up, not cleaned up - just straightened up with new towels and the bed made. The king bed did not have a bedspread or cover - sheets only. The blankets I found in the closet were dirty, had not been washed. Seemed to have chocolate all over them. The towels had grease spots and were the cheap thin kind you find at a public pool. There were spider webs everywhere and one spider over the bed hanging down. Windows and blinds were filthy. Looks like they have never been cleaned. I found a broom and cleaned the spiders out of the high windows. Dust everywhere. Spider webs all over the porch where the hot tub was you wouldn't want to sit out there. The hot tub cover was so waterlogged and torn up, it was very hard to remove. We figured if the house was not cleaned neither would the hot tub be -- so we of course wouldn't use it. While sitting on the couch watching the 19" TV for the large room, found ants crawling on us. The furniture was in terrible shape and needs replacing. The air conditioner seemed to work well as did the hot water heater. There wasn't much light in the rooms because so many bulbs were burnt out and needing replacing, even in the bathrooms. Window sills were filthy and full of bugs and webs. Bed was terribly hard. Washer and dryer seemed to be functional. All in all, I will never recommend or stay here again. It's a darling house with so much potential but just not kept nice and clean to make you feel like you're at home. Sooooo disappointed. Can't believe they dare charge $240-$260 a night.

Room Tip: Try another Cabin reservation group
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rosemont
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed in "Love Nest in the Smokies". After reading the reviews here I was skeptical about going.. I called the rental company and they were very gracious about easing my concerns. She assured me that the cabin was thoroughly cleaned and that the hottub was there. And that i could call back if I had any questions. The morning after we arrived we noticed the refrigerator was not getting cold I called the rental company and within an hour maintenance was there to fix it! The only downside to this vacation were the electronics... They really need to upgrade... The tv in the bedroom is soooo tiny and it didn't have cable in the bedroom, the DVD player in the living room didn't work and there were only one set of cables so when we wanted to watch a movie upstairs we had to use the cords downstairs, but this was minor in our overall stay. Also, it is NOT within walking distance of downtown maybe a hike... Like I said before it was very relaxing and we had a great time!!! Loved the jacuzzi tub in the bedroom!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank MBeamon
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stayed in this cabin a year ago. It was ok but not great. Went back this year and it was a mess. First, when we arrived the cabin was open. Not just unlocked, but OPEN. The hot tub was gone and there were dirty towels draped over the deck. The projector bulb in the big screen TV projector was burned out, the ice maker didn't work, and the sink was leaking. Repeated attempts to contact the company failed. Finally got through to them, they said someone would come out and replace the bulb, but there wasn't supposed to be a hot tub. She said there hasn't been a hot tub in that cabin for years. When I told her we stayed in that cabin last year and there was a hot tub, she basically called me a liar and said there has never been a hot tub there. She had no explanation as to why we could still see the outline on the deck where the hot tub used to be. As I was talking to her, I was reading the description of that cabin online that clearly stated "luxurious hot tub". At first she tried to tell me it didn't say anything about a hot tub, but when I told her I was reading directly from their website, she then tried to tell me it was talking about the jacuzzi in the bathroom. Really? Are you kidding me? The ONLY thing that saved this vacation was the fact that most of our time was spent in the Smoky Mountains. We tried to go to the cabin just to sleep. I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank wcj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
#20 of 52 in Gatlinburg
Laurel Crest
Laurel Crest
#42 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to My Cabin Vacation? Share your experiences!