“Not to be trusted”
Review of My Cabin Vacation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
My Cabin Vacation
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We booked this place for Thanksgiving a few years ago, they cancelled our cabin and did not let us know due to a water issue, I found out when I arrived in Gatlinburg and called for directions they never sent. I was left out in the cold and had to spend hours searching for a cabiin during thanksgiving. They didn't even offer to help locate a alternative.

Room Tip: Choose some where else, unless the management style has changed
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was our third stay in a cabin in the Smokies and our first with this company. The lady who accepted our reservation was from Eastern Europe with a thick Russian accent and was helpful at first but not very pleasant. We arrived at 5 pm and my kidsnoticed right away the arcade game didnt work and we called and they told us to push a rest button on the back which we did and kept having to do for the entire stay as it kept freezing up. The advertisement claimed the cabin had wifi but it wasnt working when we arrived. I called on it that same day and received no response til the next day. We found the wireless router in the meantime laying on the floor and not plugged in. We received a signal on our computer indicating wifi but no service from the server (internet) She claimed later that everything was checked out before our arrival and so we must've broken it. Before that, she stated it wasn't wifi, just hard wired Internet. That's wrong because we got the wireless signal from the router. She was ad-libbing. Also told me that she couldn't get it fixed for our stay and that I read the fine print that states they're not responsible for equipment not working and for me not to worry because they had insurance on broken items as though I should be worried that I would've charged because it wasn't working. also claimed dinner sewing for six and 4 rollaway beds. It only had 4 dining chairs and 3 rollaway beds however.
No ironing board but an iron. Hot tub water was filthy. No baking sheet for biscuits, cookies. Cabin leaned pretty significantly. Either built crooked or settling. Rugs were dirty, stains on Matt protectors, really tight parking spot which had silted in on one end, couldn't open doors without standing in the ditch. Decorations were thrown together and nothing matched. As its my 3rd cabin I can say with some uthority that I've seen a lot better construction in the area. I'll check out my next cabin more thoroughly and ask more questions next time I choose a cabin. After the first two stays, I was living under an illusion they were all good. My fault! The rate was decent though discounted from $235 to $150. A better deal if it had been worth the $235

Room Tip: Close to town and very secluded hard to find if you are looking very carefully. Road is basically on...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were looking for something with space for the price of a hotel after the Bristol race.The location is great, between Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge very easy to find. The cabin had a few quirks like ants & 1 very large spider.(Smoky Mts.) The entrance opens to living dining & kitchen. The masterbedroom with jacuzzit tub- view is at the back of 1st. floor. Another bedroom is upstairs with bathroom. Lowest level has a theater room with pool table opens to outside balcony with outdoor fireplace & rocking chairs.. No outdoor hotbub. Pool table was great entertainment, but definetily needed more room (we aren't professionals so not a big deal.) We tried calling the maintenance to get a code for internet, no answer. So we used our garman to locate restaurant. Overall we had a nice cabin with lots of room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vamtngirl
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was hesitant to book this cabin after reading some of the previous reviews but since I was able to get it at a very good deal I decided to go ahead and give it a try for our anniversary weekend getaway. I am very pleased that I did! The cabin is beautfiul! We arrived right at check in time at 4 pm and had no trouble finding it. It really isn't far off from the main strip in Gatlinburg. The road going to the cabin is going up a mountain (you do have to remember you are staying in the smokie mountains). But that is something that I am used to driving on a daily basis where I live and in comparision to some of the other cabins that I have stayed in these roads are not what I would call "very" steep. I would recommend coming before dark as it will be easier to find if you aren't familiar with the area. Everything in the cabin was wonderful. The hot tub with the fireplace on the deck was so nice! The pool table downstairs was a bit crowded but was still fun to play. The jacuzzi tub was amazing...I truly think I could have slept in it! The bed was soft and comfy. My husband thought it was wonderful. The cabin overall was very clean other than some dusting issues on the high ceilings and the outside of the windows needed to be cleaned. But I would consider those minor things. There were squirrels that liked to play in the trees right next to the deck. We liked to sit on the deck and just watch them. You could also hear them scampering across the roof playing but again that is something to expect when you are staying in the mountains! That's their home too! Overall I would highly recommend this cabin to anyone! We had a blast and would return again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trehog
Reviewed 24 January 2012

By looking at the previous reviews, I was very worried about this cabin. But much to my surprise the cabin was awesome. It was not hard to find, but the road is steep. The driveway was level though (which was nice). We arrived at dark and the motion lights came on as soon as we drove up. Everything worked inside as well. Hot Tub was great!!! Fireplace on deck was a nice addition.
I would highly recommend this cabin. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tammy L
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Well first off let's start with the negatives:
- do not show up after dark. The road is very steep and very dark. We had a IPAD GPS and it still was difficult to navigate, because it is literally in the mountain and set on the edge. Also we recommend having a car/truck with 4 wheel drive. The road is very narrow and is somehow a 2 way road.
- not all the lights worked, including the porch light, which would have been helpful considering it's pitch black outside getting out of your car.
- the bedroom does not have cable, so bring movies.
- the cable they provide is digital antena, so the isn't much to watch. The stations suck and are hard to navigate.
- there is no play stations, Even though they said there is.
- if your freaked out by spiders, they're around. They weren't too bad in the jan winter, but if they are here now I'm assuming they are worse in the summer.
- there were definately animals ( squirrels or raccoons ) living in the attic above the bedroom. They scurried and woke us up a bit around midnight and 5 am every day/night. It's was cold, so im sure they made a warm little home up there.
-the bathtub stopper didn't work well. It drained the water a lot while trying to fill it.
- not all the shades on the windows worked. It gets very sunny here, but we kinda liked that, cause it was cold while here.
- the fire places tick like a clock when you turn them on.
- the pull out couch is very uncomfortable and hard.

Now the good stuff:
- it was cleaned and smelled good. The place is very pretty just like the pictures. They left us some candies, and all the bed and bath stuff was very clean.
- the bed was pretty comfy, we slept well on it.
- the heater worked fine
- loved the location. Once we got used to driving up and down the steep road, it's a nice get away. It's private and quiet. the view is nice as well.
- the furniture is outdated and used, but it made them more squishy and soft.
- the hot tub was awesome. We used it every day. After going to Ober and snowboarding, or coming home from hiking, it was great to relax in. It is private as well.
- the kitchen was a nice size for a couple, and everything was clean and worked. It came with plates cups bowls, and some cooking stuff. the coffee makers words were rubbed off, but we figured out on and off.
- the downstairs area came with a pool table and air hockey, but we didn't play them. Looked like they were put together well.
- the cabin was nice all in all. It's pretty, private, and most all things worked well. It was a great private location only a 5 min drive to downtown gatlinburg. You can hike to downtown, we did, but it is a HIKE. It's steep and hilly. If you can't walk well, out of shape, or have bad knees etc, you will want to drive. It's then about a 15 min hike downtown.
- I would recommend this cabin. It's nice and put together well enough. It's also big enough for maybe 2 couples or a family. Whatever you do, visit the national park as well. It's very close.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The cabin itself was pretty nice. They could have done a better job on cleaning the big windows in front. I had a great time staying there. The hot tub was covered which was good in case it rained. Our only problem was the fireplaces were not working and we were not told about it ahead of time. But, we did get one night's discount for the inconvenience, so all in all not bad. Comfy bed. Shower was a little small, but having one downstairs also was nice when we got out of the hot tub and put our suits in the shower to dry.
Internet cost $20 extra per night which kinda sucked, but all I was gonna do is check my email & facebook & I could do that on my phone.
Driveway was kinda crazy to get down. You have to make an immediate left turn after a sharp left turn before that. You can't see the driveway at first because it's so steep. Also, if you have a big truck, F150 like, be careful turning around. Not alot of room and an extremely steep drop off beside the cabin. Be careful if there is bad weather and the roads get slick, it would be hard to get up and down the driveway and off the roads to downtown.
All in all, a great experience, we didn't spend a lot of time there during the day, too busy exploring. Nice to come home to a relaxing hot tub after an all day trek in Gatliburg & Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple