“Great value, and a great place to stay.”
Review of My Cabin Vacation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
My Cabin Vacation
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I am very surprised to see some of the negative reviews for this company. My experience was very different. We deciced to go with My Cabin Vacations because of the incredible deal, but also they seem to be one of the few cabin rental places in the area that doesn't charge extra fees for a hundred and one things. The only thing extra you seem to have to pay for is if you need internet access. We however were going to get away from it all and the only internet we needed we could get on our phones.

I had great communication with the owners of the company before hand. I called at least three times to ask questions before actually booking, and each time they either picked up immediately or called back within an hour. After booking I reveived several emails with a receipt, confirmation numbers. directions, and the key code to get in the door.

We arrived right after check in time, so it would still be daylight. The cabin is located in an area where roads are very narrow and some are on steep hills, but this should be expected for the area. However, even though our cabin was up on a steep hill, it still is not as trecherous as some other cabins I have seen.

The cabin was beyond beautiful, and very clean. It has three levels with two bedrooms. The jaccuzzi tub in the master bedroom was the best. It is situated right in front of a huge picture window so you can sit back and enjoy the view while you relax in the tub. The only thing that was not working was the satelite dish. I called and they went over a few steps on the phone of how to try and fix it. It still didn't work, so they said they would send someone over to fix it, and that we didn't have to be there if we wanted to go do anything. So we went to dinner and when we got back it had been fixed.

We stayed for four days, and had no further problems while there. We will definitely be going back there to stay at some point.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Magical Forest cabin Feb 24-27th. When we made the reservations online, everything went fairly smooth, took 3 days after reserving to get confirmation email with directions and check in info. Check in info was no need to come by office it had keyless entry and code was given in email. When we arrived, beds and towels was checked to make sure they was clean. All was good there, then checked kitchen for dishes and utensils, all was good there, the air hockey table and foosball table on the other hand was barely standing up. My husband went to car and brought in tools to tighten up bolts and screws and placed metal bar back in legs of foosball table to keep it from falling. The spider webs was EVERYWHERE, disgusting, went to find a broom to sweep them down and only found a mop and leaf rake, along with a bucket with a trash bag in it half full of Rat poison, very unsafe, considering the door did not latch. Hot tub outside worked fine, no problems with it. The 2nd day I decided to use Jacuzzi upstairs while my husband napped. I ran water to the level above the jets, just like directions on wall said. Got in tub, sat down, turned jets on and was covered with some sort of black particles that came shooting out of jets, could not get out of there fast enough. I called and was told we had to leave the cabin before someone would come look at the problem, I then told her that we would not be leaving cabin until later in the evening the next day, she said that is fine just call when you leave. The next day I called around 2 and did not get an answer, left message stating we was leaving cabin. When we returned, 5 hours later, no one had been there, I then called again, still no answer, left a very upset message and still no return phone call. When we went to check out the next morning, I called to let them know we was leaving, while on the phone I asked why no one bothered to call me back and she said you called 2 days ago and did not call back, I told her I called and left 2 messages and she straight out told me that I was a liar and did not call and that we did not leave the cabin because they had been watching for us to leave and we never did. At this time I asked where the office was located so that I could bring my phone log down to prove I had called and left messages, she then said that we did not leave the cabin, they waited and watched until 2 and decided that I was not leaving cabin so they didn't bother to come out afterwards...seriously! She would not tell me where office was located, guessing there isn't one. I mentioned the other problems with the game tables and the spider webs and was told that if I didn't like it I should have left when we checked in, but because we did not leave and stayed and did not complain with a problem, we must have been satisfied, when I told her we did call with a problem and no one bothered to return phone calls or show up, I was then told to stop yelling at her, that we had already paid and no type of refund would be given for the tub being the way it was, I then asked to speak with a manager or another phone number to call someone over the company, was then told, "you will never speak to anyone besides me", I said do you own this cabin, was then told it was irrelevant information, I asked if she owned the company and again was told that was irrelevant information, was then told that it was check out time, if I had wanted something done I shouldn't have stayed in the cabin all day to 2 days before and she hung up the phone. I later called back to get her name and she said Natalie, when I asked her last name she said that did not have anything to do with renting a cabin.

Disgusting place to stay. Extremely rude customer service. I would love to know if the cabin is privately owned and placed with that company, sure the owner would not be happy with the way the upkeep of the cabin is being done.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DuffieldPixxi
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I stayed in A Love Nest in the Smokies for three nights in early February. They had a 40% off deal we couldn't pass up, in spite of our concerns about previous bad reviews. Booking through the website was a tiny bit glitchy, but I received an e-mail response within a few hours with confirmation and payment information. I got three follow-up e-mails before our trip - a payment receipt; one with key code and directions, including map; and one with suggestions about what to bring (paper towels, dishwasher detergent, etc.) The payment was charged to my credit card in a timely manner, the map and directions were good (we had no problem finding the cabin at all, but it probably helped that we are familiar with the Gatlinburg area), and the e-mail about what to bring was unnecessary, but kind of a nice touch. The e-mail with the key code suggested that we confirm it before our trip to be sure it was correct, which I did two days before we were to arrive. We got to the cabin just after dark, and it was COLD and snowing, and the key code we were given would not work!! I repeatedly called the phone number we were given, but got no response, so after about 15 minutes we went to No Way Jose's for margaritas and to regroup. While we were there, I got a return call from the management person and she gave us a different key code, and said that we were supposed to check on it before we came. I didn't bother to tell her that we did. She was fairly nice, at least. We went back to the cabin and it worked, thank goodness. The only other issues we had were with the TVs and hot water. There was no remote control for the living room TV, and few good stations. The bedroom TV only played DVDs. We were there to spend time together, not watch TV, so it wasn't that huge of a deal. We called and asked about a remote for the living room TV, and someone was supposed to bring one, but we never saw or heard from anyone. My husband found that a breaker was thrown for one of the hot water heaters, so that fixed that.
The cabin itself was GREAT! Clean, comfortable, extremely convenient to Gatlinburg activities, quiet, very private and roomy (3 levels). We loved the hot tub-we got in it each morning, and the first morning it was still snowing and it was blowing in on us while were were in the hot tub. That was AWESOME! We enjoyed having 2.5 bathrooms and ended up each using a different one, so we each had our own bathroom. The bedroom is loft-style and has a huge window so you can see the beautiful outdoors while lying in bed. Bed was comfy. The jacuzzi in the bedroom was nice. The master bathroom is small, but was fine for just one person. The pool table on the lowest level was a little cramped. Parking is right by the front steps, very convenient. Overall, we thought the cabin was great, and would definitely rent it again. Service could be improved, but was worth working around for the very low price we paid ($90 for Sat. night, $82.50 for Sun. and Mon.) There was no booking or cleaning charge, just tax. We feel like we got a tremendous value for our money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Let me start by saying, I've not actually stayed in a My Cabin Vacation rental. This is NOT for lack of trying...

Also I gave them a 'Poor' rating rather than 'Terrible' because I did get a single response just ONCE from this company via email.

For the last 2 weeks, I have tried to book a cabin with this rental agency. They were running specials online that their online booking did not reflect the discount. I emailed the company for a price quote and received what the online booking was saying. The special they were offering on their site (which I printed out) would have been $30 cheaper than what they were quoting me.

I called the number online (which must be someones cell phone) and left a total of 3 messages over the course of 2 days. I also emailed a total of 3 times asking someone to email/call me back. I never heard from anyone.

In the course of me trying to reach ANYONE who would want my money, I saw they changed the online specials to reflect what they had quoted me. I still have the print out of the original to prove they changed it before they would contact me back.

It's been almost a week and I have yet to hear from a single soul. How can you conduct business like this? I didn't even get a chance to give them my money (and I wanted to!) and they shunned me. I have just successfully booked with another rental company who had a live human on the other end of the phone and someone who immediately emailed me information when I requested it.

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. Shame on you, My Cabin Vacation...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JennHas2Ns
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I booked my cabin online from their website a week before my planned vacation to Gatlinburg. Two days before my scheduled stay I received an email stating that my cabin was no longer available "due to maintenance issues" and that they moved me to a different cabin....Ok, not that big of a deal. The next day when I was looking at the email to see where my cabin was located I noticed that not only did they change my cabin, they also changed my reservation dates by moving them back two days. Are you serious?!?! I immediately called their "office" which seemed like a cell phone and after the 4th call, someone finally answered. They told me that's all they could do and when I asked why they thought it was acceptable to not only change my cabin location, which I could live with, but to also change the already pre-determined dates or my vacation the only response I got was that "they didn't have any cabins available". That's it....No we're sorry, no what can we do to make it better....just "we don't have any cabins available for those dates". When I double checked their website, it showed that they did in fact have cabins available but it would have required them to upgrade my hotel to a two bedroom instead of a single bed. This company is a complete joke and luckily I was able to find another cabin even with the short notice and during the peak season for the Smokey mountains. The cabin I'm writing this review from, with Park Side Cabin Rentals, is absolutely beautiful an thus far has been totally hassle free.

Long story short, DO NOT rent from "mycabinvacation".

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Brockf84
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We booked this place for Thanksgiving a few years ago, they cancelled our cabin and did not let us know due to a water issue, I found out when I arrived in Gatlinburg and called for directions they never sent. I was left out in the cold and had to spend hours searching for a cabiin during thanksgiving. They didn't even offer to help locate a alternative.

Room Tip: Choose some where else, unless the management style has changed
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was our third stay in a cabin in the Smokies and our first with this company. The lady who accepted our reservation was from Eastern Europe with a thick Russian accent and was helpful at first but not very pleasant. We arrived at 5 pm and my kidsnoticed right away the arcade game didnt work and we called and they told us to push a rest button on the back which we did and kept having to do for the entire stay as it kept freezing up. The advertisement claimed the cabin had wifi but it wasnt working when we arrived. I called on it that same day and received no response til the next day. We found the wireless router in the meantime laying on the floor and not plugged in. We received a signal on our computer indicating wifi but no service from the server (internet) She claimed later that everything was checked out before our arrival and so we must've broken it. Before that, she stated it wasn't wifi, just hard wired Internet. That's wrong because we got the wireless signal from the router. She was ad-libbing. Also told me that she couldn't get it fixed for our stay and that I read the fine print that states they're not responsible for equipment not working and for me not to worry because they had insurance on broken items as though I should be worried that I would've charged because it wasn't working. also claimed dinner sewing for six and 4 rollaway beds. It only had 4 dining chairs and 3 rollaway beds however.
No ironing board but an iron. Hot tub water was filthy. No baking sheet for biscuits, cookies. Cabin leaned pretty significantly. Either built crooked or settling. Rugs were dirty, stains on Matt protectors, really tight parking spot which had silted in on one end, couldn't open doors without standing in the ditch. Decorations were thrown together and nothing matched. As its my 3rd cabin I can say with some uthority that I've seen a lot better construction in the area. I'll check out my next cabin more thoroughly and ask more questions next time I choose a cabin. After the first two stays, I was living under an illusion they were all good. My fault! The rate was decent though discounted from $235 to $150. A better deal if it had been worth the $235

Room Tip: Close to town and very secluded hard to find if you are looking very carefully. Road is basically on...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family