“Very Relaxing...”
Review of My Cabin Vacation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
My Cabin Vacation
Rosemont
“Very Relaxing...”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed in "Love Nest in the Smokies". After reading the reviews here I was skeptical about going.. I called the rental company and they were very gracious about easing my concerns. She assured me that the cabin was thoroughly cleaned and that the hottub was there. And that i could call back if I had any questions. The morning after we arrived we noticed the refrigerator was not getting cold I called the rental company and within an hour maintenance was there to fix it! The only downside to this vacation were the electronics... They really need to upgrade... The tv in the bedroom is soooo tiny and it didn't have cable in the bedroom, the DVD player in the living room didn't work and there were only one set of cables so when we wanted to watch a movie upstairs we had to use the cords downstairs, but this was minor in our overall stay. Also, it is NOT within walking distance of downtown maybe a hike... Like I said before it was very relaxing and we had a great time!!! Loved the jacuzzi tub in the bedroom!

1 Thank MBeamon

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stayed in this cabin a year ago. It was ok but not great. Went back this year and it was a mess. First, when we arrived the cabin was open. Not just unlocked, but OPEN. The hot tub was gone and there were dirty towels draped over the deck. The projector bulb in the big screen TV projector was burned out, the ice maker didn't work, and the sink was leaking. Repeated attempts to contact the company failed. Finally got through to them, they said someone would come out and replace the bulb, but there wasn't supposed to be a hot tub. She said there hasn't been a hot tub in that cabin for years. When I told her we stayed in that cabin last year and there was a hot tub, she basically called me a liar and said there has never been a hot tub there. She had no explanation as to why we could still see the outline on the deck where the hot tub used to be. As I was talking to her, I was reading the description of that cabin online that clearly stated "luxurious hot tub". At first she tried to tell me it didn't say anything about a hot tub, but when I told her I was reading directly from their website, she then tried to tell me it was talking about the jacuzzi in the bathroom. Really? Are you kidding me? The ONLY thing that saved this vacation was the fact that most of our time was spent in the Smoky Mountains. We tried to go to the cabin just to sleep. I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank wcj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
#19 of 52 in Gatlinburg
Laurel Crest
Laurel Crest
#42 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to My Cabin Vacation? Share your experiences!