“In the middle of it all”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg
Ranked #64 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 19 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

me and my wife stayed here 2 yrs. ago and had a terrible experience. when we arrived I, as usual checked the bed by pulling back the spread and checking the sheets etc. for bugs , etc. we found the sheets were soiled and stained and also had hairs all over, I contacted the front desk and manager told me if I wanted fresh sheets I would have to come get them, because he was too busy. I was a little ill that he so non caring when I told him about how nasty the room was but I went and got the sheets anyway. when I got back to the room and we put the "clean sheets" on ,they were just as nasty as ones on the bed. I called the front desk again and told them the problem and told them THEY need to come clean. a girl came up later and when we showed her the room and the sheets ,she wouldn't even touch them herself. so we checked out got our money back and left, I told the owner as she told us the man at front desk was, that we would not be coming back to stay here again, he said well I don't want you too. NOW this past weekend aug.15th my son told me they were going up to Gatlinburg,and were staying at the Microtel. I told them they should change their res. to somewhere else, but he said well maybe they have changed...WRONG!!! he said they discovered about the same things we had previously. and when he called the front desk and asked them to come clean the room , that they were going out for a while so they could get it cleaned. when they returned approx. 4 hrs. later , they had still not cleaned the room, sheets were nasty , room was nasty and there was urine still in commode and on seat. so he went down to desk and asked Debe why nobody cleaned his room , he said she just looked at him and said "all everybody wants to do is complain" ..... so NO we will never stay at a Microtel EVER!!.

Room Tip: if you must stay check rooms first
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This place was cheap. Unfortunately, cheap equates to disgusting in the case of this Microtel. I've stayed at other locations in this chain and they're usually clean no-frills types of places, this was definitely the latter, but simply gross. The elevator smelled like death and the room like an ashtray. The walls were yellow and everything was dusty. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Overall, not recommended and for a few dollars more, there are plenty of other options nearby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hey T
Reviewed 13 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stay here twice a year for several weeks and are very pleased. The management and staff is one of the best in our motel stays. We book a suite so we can have more room and the fridge and microwave. Each time we stay they have tried to upgrade something. In this town most of the motels are dated, however the Microtel is trying to upgrade the facility. Our only problem is that the bed is not very comfortable. The rooms are very clean. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business