“Too Good To Be True?”
other travellers have booked this property
Creekside Cabin with patio complete with fire kettle,Charcoal grill,  hammock and hot tub over creek
Patio with Fire Kettle Upper deck porch overlooking the creek and patio below
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Patio with Fire Kettle
Upper deck porch overlooking the creek and patio below
King bed in loft bedroom with 2 closets,LCD TV,BluRay and Direct TV.
View from the bed in the loft looking toward door to upper deck open to the living area below
Living area with queen sleeper sofa as seen from the loft bedroom
Cozy and romantic dining booth for 4
Bathroom with tub/shower combo and washer/dryer
Creekside in winter
Looking from the deck towards the path to your parking area
Screened in porch with swing looking out towards hot tub over the creek
Olive the Owl,a frequent visitor to the Creekside that seems to like her photo taken
Fully equipped kitchen with range with self cleaning oven,microwave,dishwasher and refrigerator
From the deck looking upstream
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Too Good To Be True?”
Reviewed 19 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011
people found this review helpful

The abundance of glowing reviews revering Stonecreek Cabins had me wondering just if they were indeed that hype-worthy. Any of the myriad cabin rental companies can fill their websites with enchanting photographs and descriptions of the cute and cozy characteristics they contain but not every cabin I've visited can follow through.

The old adage "too good to be true" comes to mind and was proven recently when we attempted to refinance our house. The deal was simply unbelievable but then unfortunately the appraiser said our house was not worth what we were asking ( and are paying ). With this maxim in mind, I tried to find some flaw with Creekside Cabin, even going so far as to check each and every container of spice on the spice rack for ones for which the sale by date had passed.

No flaws were evident during the entire duration of our stay, I'm happy to report. The cabin was cozy and picturesque both inside and out, the kitchen contained everything required for the making of a great meal ( including all sorts of condiments, butter, olive and vegetable oils, more spices than I have at home, etc etc ), the DVD collection contained something for everybody and the television had all channels including the movie channels.

Lise was more than helpful on the few occasions that we conversed, whether via telephone or e-mail, and that gave a nice personal touch that is missing from the big cabin rental agencies. We've stayed at different cabins all over Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Wear's Valley and have never returned to a previous vacation spot. Until now, that is.

We'll definitely return to Creekside Cabin.

Shar7leen
Burleson, Texas
“This place was everything I hoped for, and more...Best vacation ever!”
Reviewed 11 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011
people found this review helpful

This cabin was like staying in a dream world. It was completely secluded, and the owners thought of everything from movies and a huge hot tub, to a hammock, crock pot and bbq grill. I didn't wanna go home! We don't ever vacation at the same place twice so that we can see more of the world, but I have a feeling this is going to have to be an exception to the rule. I'm already searching our schedules to book a long weekend getaway to go back in the Fall. The beautiful Smokey Mountains were great to see, but the cabin was so wonderful we had a hard time going anywhere else. THANK YOU for the best wedding anniversary yet.

e3rdpower
florida
“Another wonderful trip-and a wedding!”
Reviewed 13 October 2010 for a stay in October 2010
people found this review helpful

During our trip to Tennessee in March (when we stayed at the Treehouse cabin) we decided to return for our wedding 10/10/10. Luckily, Lise and Sue were able to accommodate us in the Creekside Cabin.
When we arrived, tired and cranky from 15 hours in the car, we were greeted with a chilled bottle of rose and a cake that said "Best Wishes Jeff and Erin." The cabin is just perfect. Lise and Sue made sure we had everything we needed, and the cabin is set up to make you feel as if it is your own home. The weather was perfect, and we were able to enjoy sitting on the deck, in the porch swing, and in the hot tub.
Do not miss these gems in the woods.

PiecesDes...
Northern Indiana
“Never wanted to leave!”
Reviewed 2 October 2010 for a stay in September 2010
people found this review helpful

My husband and I have been to the Smokies several times and each time we pick a 'secluded' cabin we are disappointed. We've stayed at different places every time we made the 10.5 hour journey, hoping each time that we've found 'the' place. Finally, at last our search is over!
Lise and Sue are so intuitive to their guests needs, it's nothing short of amazing. We were left with everything we could ever ask for, from snacks to movies to beverages on ice to fresh flowers. Need information about where to eat? What hikes to go on? What to see? Lise is the one to ask and she talks to you like she would rather be doing nothing else (even though we know how incredibly time consuming it must be taking such great care of a gorgeous property like that).
We will never stay at another establishment when we travel to the Smokies. We could have stayed at our Creekside Cabin the entire week, never leaving the property and that would have been fine by us - it's that peaceful, beautiful, inspiring. My only regret is not finding this place years ago. And if you are trying to decide whether you should stay at Stonecreek, I'm happy to make the decision for you. Stay. You won't be disappointed.

Your age range 35-49
maxfish80
Tampa, Florida
“Blissful.....a perfect escape!”
Reviewed 17 July 2010 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

My husband, our 7 year old daughter and I spent 4 blissful nights at the very private Creekside Cabin. Having read all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, I had great expectations. Well, my expectations were blown away from the moment we entered through the door of our cozy little cabin. Soothing background music was playing and we were instantly transformed into “vacation mode.” In the spirit of a child friendly celebration, Lise and Sue had put some sparkling cider on ice out on the table along with champagne glasses and a beautiful cake with a warm welcome message. Inside the fridge were some local (and very tasty) microbrews for the grown-ups. Godiva chocolates were placed on our pillows, along with a special box just for our daughter. As if that weren’t enough, all of the fixings for s’mores were set out on the counter of a very well stocked kitchen.

As for the amenities, I could go on and on. Most importantly, every room, corner and crevice was absolutely spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the cabin was stocked with well over 100 movie selections - both upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the main room. There is DirecTV service and unlimited local and long distance calling from the landline in case you feel the need to stay in touch with the real world. Lise is a wealth of information if you have questions about the area – whether you are looking for good restaurants or places that are off the beaten path.

We loved sitting outside on the deck every morning to eat breakfast. During the day, we loved walking around the grounds and exploring the creek. In the late afternoons, we languished in the pristine hot tub (which is drained and sanitized for each new guest) and watched the hummingbirds buzz around. We also made good use of the charcoal grill and cooked up some delicious meals. Then, at dusk, we sat in front of the fire pit (wood supplied), making s’mores, roasting marshmallows, watching fireflies and spending some great quality family time.

All in all, we could not have asked for a more relaxing break from our hectic lives at home. We will definitely be back. There is not one negative thing that I could say about our experience.

When you see this kind of attention to detail, you will be left thinking that this is not just a “business” for Lise and Sue, it is clearly a passion. They have set the bar very high. I do not exaggerate when I say that this cabin rivaled the very posh, over-the-water bungalows in Tahiti that my husband and I stayed in over our honeymoon.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Kenny61
Ltihia Springs
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 27 June 2010 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful

Dittos to all the praises for the Creekside cabin. My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary while staying at the cabin and had a wonderful experience there. The cabin is beautiful inside and out, very romantic, very clean and well furnished. All the little extras and attention to detail made us feel special. We loved the seclusion, yet appreciated Lise calling us to make sure everything was woking properly and up to our satisfaction. Simply put, our stay there far exceeded our expectations.

Your age range 50-64
DaveB513
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Do you want the PERFECT getaway experience? This is IT!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2010 for a stay in June 2010
people found this review helpful

My wife and I are the proud parents of four. Though we love our children dearly , we had not been away from them alone together in over nine years. Our getaway to Gatlinburg, June 10-13, 2010 therefore, was heavily loaded with expectations and hopes for an impossibly perfect experience.

With over six months from the time we booked until our travels occurred, we had the opportunity to let our imaginations run wild with how other-worldly we believed our trip would be. As our four-day journey drew nearer, the reality that such expectations could never be met crept into my mind. How foolish I was to have ever underestimated the power of Lise and Sue!

I am simply at a loss for words to describe the incredible experience my wife and I were able to share at the Creekside Cabin. From the moment we arrived at the gate, we started to appreciate just how unique and special this place was. Winding down the private drive towards the cabin below gave us a full appreciation for just how truly private and secluded this location really is. Not a hint of sight nor sound of another human being could be found. We stepped out of the car and simply stood in awe at the beautiful and calming quiet around us, and the magnificent sights before us.

The cabin itself was nothing less than a veritable feast for the senses. The tranquil sounds of the babbling creek gently rolling by, the fresh scents of the forest and flowers all around us, and the stunning beauty of the cabin itself left no doubt that the dream we had envisioned was in fact very real.

To enter a place you've never been to before and immediately feel like a welcomed old friend, not an occupant, instantly set a peaceful mood and feeling that did not subside in the slightest during our stay. Relaxing music, soft lighting, and thoughtful gifts of champagne, strawberries, chocolates, and fresh flowers welcomed our arrival. No place I've even been to before has ever felt so genuinely inviting.

During the next few days we were able to indulge in and enjoy this place that Sue and Lise have obviously put so much of their hearts and souls into creating, nurturing, and maintaining. Looking through the photo album of the cabin's creation gave us a great sense of appreciation for all the wonderful ammenities we were able take advantage of.

Every detail to make our stay comfortable, stress free, and just plain fun had been considered and accounted for. The greatest challenge we faced each day was deciding where to go: the hot tub or the patio with the fire pit? Being able to wile away an entire day surrounded by such beauty, grilling hot dogs and making smores, entertained by so much to see and do, and to have it all in absolute secluded privacy spoiled us completely rotten! Kids? We've got kids...?

We will never be able to thank Lise and Sue enough for taking hospitality to a whole new level, for cheerfully answering repeated (and sometimes repetitive) emails without fail, for conceiving of this paradise in the first place (Did I mention the walk along the creekside beyond the cabin? Bring your camera!), and for dedicating themselves so completely to ensuring that each and ever guest feels like a very special and dear friend.

Do yourself a favor, and give up on the false belief that there is something better out there. It simply does not exist. You'll be thankful for the rest of your life that you had the opportunity to know this kind of hospitality and serenity first hand. And if for some reason you need to venture out, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville all remain a convenient short car ride away. I thought it was fun to go out and come back just to see the cabin come into view again. Some things never get old.

Without question, this is that place: The place you want to come back to over and over again, the one that makes you smile when you remember it, and the one that can make it easy to remember just how much you love the one you shared it with. I'd most definitely be first in line to come back tomorrow...if I could just figure out a way to convince Lise and Sue that their own day care is a great idea :)

Happy Travels!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing