Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Room was in a basement. Back of room overlooked a service road and they didn't even trim trees next to room so you could see mountains in the distance. There were 2 trees that you could touch from what they call a balcony which was really a sliding glass door with a metal gate in front of it so you couldn't fall. There was NO BALCONY! There was mold on bathroom wall and on shower head. The couch was so old that you sat down in the floor if you tried to sit on it. Stairwells full of cobwebs and trash. Lots of places had rust showing through where siding had come off and hadn't been replaced. In the end, it would have been nicer to go to a motel 6. Stay away from this place

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kandiky
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hello Kandiky,

We regret to learn your stay at MountainLoft did not leave you with a more favorable impression. We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality and cleanliness. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so we can further discuss your experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The resort, located in the Smoky Mountains, is out of the hub bub of downtown Gatlinburg by just a few minutes. We watched bears climb trees just outside our 4th floor unit. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Of course, Gatlinburg is charming. In late Sept. they decorate everything for fall. It is impressive. We would recommend Gatlinburg and this resort. Our unit was clean and everything was functioning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank merrygumbo

Hello merrygumbo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at MountainLoft. We are happy you enjoyed the location and found the unit clean. We appreciate your compliments regarding the staff as we aim to share happiness with all of our guests. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Smoky Mountain area.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a very good place to stay, but they've pushed the limit of when it needs to be updated. Actually, it seems to me that they let the maintenance slide. We had the deluxe one bedroom and it has all the potential of being very nice. However, there was a place on the wall beside the tub where the wall was falling in. Outside there were places where folks had hit the siding with the carts and they were not repaired. Why wait to fix these things? Outside on the stairways there were spider webs and spills that were there the whole week we were there. I understand those things happen, but in a first class place they are immediately corrected. We come here every year and we've been told by the sales folks that Mountain Loft is busy year around, so they don't really have to work hard at keeping up expectations and that attitude seems pretty obvious to me. The staff is very positive and the quick, easy fixes are well done. By that I mean that they have pretty seasonal decorations and the beds look nice, etc. I had always stayed in the smaller bedroom unit and was surprised when I found the dishwasher in the bigger unit also has the modified top shelf due to it being under the sink. Besides that the door wouldn't completely open because it was too close to the stove! When the maintenance man came up to fix that for me, he just leaned on the door and told me to do that if I had trouble opening it the rest of the week. Of course I did have trouble with it because there is not room for the door to open. I didn't want to force it all week, so I opted to hand wash our dishes. I didn't want to be the one to break the door! I opened the drawer under the oven to get a pan and the drawer came off the track, so I had to call the maintenance people to fix that. I took all the pans out of there and opted to not use that drawer all week for fear of that happening, again. The doors on the fridge were swinging the wrong direction, too, but the kitchen was so small, I figured I'd live with that. It was just a really good example of how it seems they feel they don't have to operate at peak level to impress folks because we'll come anyway. None of that keeps it from being a beautiful place and handy to Gatlinburg. The TV in the livingroom does not budge; it faces straight ahead, so if you're sitting on the uncomfortable sofa or standing in front of it you can see it; otherwise it's difficult to see. I don't care about TV, so it wasn't a big deal to me, but it matters to most people. I'm hoping when they renovate they will put in flat screen TVs that will turn a bit so that they can be seen from more than one place; maybe they'll even put them in the corner of the room? I'm a Bluegreen owner, so I may be being more critical because I think of it as mine; I would quickly fix all these things if it was really mine. To visit for a week, it's average, but it has all the potential to be first class or excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view and the top floor won't have noise from units above.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maryjo S

Hello Maryjo S,

Thank you for returning to MountainLoft and sharing your experience. We are happy that you find the resort a very good place to stay. We appreciate all of your feedback as a Bluegreen owner that returns often. The resort will be undergoing extensive exterior renovations through March of 2014. We look forward to seeing you again and sharing happiness on your next resort visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Though overall I would say this place is average, our room in particular was below average. The carpet was very dirty as was the general appearance both inside and out. Ceiling in shower was falling down. Staff was friendly and helpful and the location was good, but if indeed they are remodeling it is well overdue.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Nonnix5
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hello Nonnix5,

At MountainLoft, we are committed to providing our guests with quality accommodations and outstanding service. We appreciate the compliments regarding the staff. However, we regret to learn where we did not meet your expectations and would like to find out more about your experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide more details. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here using points from a Sampler package purchased last year in Florida. The two bedroom unit was clean, but dated. Beds were not comfortable and the sofa bed in the living room was not comfortable to sit on. We had to attend an owner update the next morning or we would be charged an additional $150 for our stay. The salespeople will not take no for an answer. Luckily we got out without another purchase. We are Disney owners and are not interested in purchasing from anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LOelschlag

Hello Loelschlag,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at MountainLoft. We regret to learn that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided and would like to further discuss your experience. We strive to educate guests about our timeshare product in the most pleasant manner possible. Your feedback is crucial to ensuring a pleasant experience for all guests. We kindly ask that you send any additional details via email to info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Mountain Loft. We had a 1 bedroom with a hide-a-bed. It was a little small but it worked perfectly for our family. A great view from the living room! Staff was great and helped us out with our vacation! A little dated but they just started a major renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BigTuan
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hello BigTuan,

Thank you for staying with us at MountainLoft and sharing your review. We are delighted you had enjoyed your stay and the unit was perfect for your family. We appreciate your compliment regarding the staff as we aim to share happiness and provide outstanding service. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I just checked in about an hour ago. Kassia greeted us at front desk with a very friendly attitude, we could tell right off she was there to assist us. She was very polite and friendly.
Our loft is OUTSTANDING, updated and SPOTLESS.
I had read some of the reviews prior to our arrival and was worried if we I made a mistake booking here. Not the case at all.... Our loft is a one bedroom, they are small but not,if that makes since. Very cozy is how I would describe it. I've looked all over and not found any part of it unclean. The only draw back is no balcony to sit on, there's a sliding door with railing, but not going to discourage us from recommending this place and Kassia. Hope you give them a try......

God Bless.....
S & T Horton

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Teri H
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Hello Teri H,

Thank you for your review of your stay at MountainLoft. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Your compliments regarding our staff are much appreciated. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River
Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Laurel Crest
Laurel Crest
#45 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection

Address: 110 Mountainloft Dr, Gatlinburg, TN 37738-5355 (Formerly MountainLoft Resort)
Region: United States > Tennessee > Sevier County > Gatlinburg
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 52 Speciality Lodging in Gatlinburg
Price Range: £78 - £130 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mountainloft Resort Gatlinburg