Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection
Sleepy Bear Motel(Gatlinburg)
Brookside Resort(Gatlinburg)
Rainbow Motel(Gatlinburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsbluegreen ownerslaurel crestphase iiwasher and dryertwo twin bedsthe indoor outdoor poolfull kitchenpigeon forgeone bedroom unitthin wallswhirlpool tubfood citybeautiful view of the mountainssleeper sofanational parkdowntown areagas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My mother & I have been owners at BLUEGREEN for over 15 years. Recently My family & I stayed at the property. When we got to our room it was in the "dungeon." We were on the bottom floor which was facing a retaining wall & was all moldy & damp. Our "view" from our balcony was some sort of drainage mud pit. When we sat on the couch it almost sank to the floor. I went to make dinner & pulled out the dishes & there was crud & food stuck all to them. After all of that I went to take a shower. Apparently the tub had a very long crack on the outside & when I stepped into the shower it cut my leg open. We went to turn on the TV & none of the remotes worked. As we were trying to go to sleep, at 1am, the people next door had the TV so loud you could hear every word. We had to call the front desk 4 times & they sent security 3 of those times. When the TV finally went off, over an hour later, they then preceded to bang around in the bedroom. When we woke up the next morning, we had no hot water. I called the front desk to let them know & they said they would fix it before we got back. When we got back to the room, 12 hours later, our door was WIDE OPEN! Apparently the maintenance who fixed it didn't shut our door! ALL of our expensive things & credentials were in that room. After reporting this to the front desk I had had enough. When I talked to the guest services manager she just kept saying she would take care of it & get back to me. She never did. I finally had to call after we got home & talk to one of the resort managers. Even then it was like pulling teeth. I will NEVER stay there again. It is better to pay for a hotel somewhere else than to use my points on this property & be miserable!

7  Thank Lacey H
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Lacey H,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your disappointment. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and customer service. We would like to further discuss your particular experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to share additional details or discuss further. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was supposed to be my celebration of my 60th birthday. I had reservations for my family to stay in a Villa that accommodated 8 to 10 people. we had booked early almost 6 months in advance. When we got there after driving more than 15 hours. We found out our accommodations were all wrong. We never got what was promised to us. Only 2 girls at the front desk were helpful, but without the help of the manager they could not do more. The manager came out for a second this women looked at them and simply said no can't help you! and left.
We could not even get her name! We were moved to different hotel rooms like cattle. My son had to move everyday. My birthday came 4 days later, that was the last time we moved. For good
we left this place. I spent the entire time crying, no birthday celebration for me.

Room Tip: Never come here. This is a rip off.
2  Thank zitajones

Hello zitajones,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at MountainLoft. We regret to learn we were unable to share happiness during your celebratory visit. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so that we may review your experience and discuss further. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Positives first: Front desk staff helpful and courteous. Maintenance staff works extremely hard with room repairs, and the grounds are beautiful. The pool and picnic areas are clean. It is obvious on arrival that they had updated the exteriors. It looks nice. Interiors a little dated and worn, but not horribly so.
Negatives: We did a family vacation and had three rooms reserved. Family walked into one room, and the HVAC door was open with a towel under the unit. Maintenance fixed right away. Family says third room was fine. Our room I walked in, and there were 2 big bags of linen sitting in the doorway. Fingerprints on patio doors and water splashes on the mirrors led me to investigate more to feel soap scum on the shower ledge and hair on the surround and floor. Dishes still in the dishwasher. I was assured that the room had been cleaned. Housekeeping came and said those bags were the clean linens that didn't get put away and would we like for her to do it? I said no, cause she shouldn't have to ASK to do her job, she should just do it. Wow. A couple of the jets were missing in our tub, but again, maintenance was very prompt and professional, fixing it right away. To me this is a housekeeping issue. If you cleaned the tub you would know they were missing and had it fixed BEFORE guests arrived.
The next day we went to a presentation. When we said no we weren't filling out papers, our presenter became rude, unprofessional and hurried us out the door. I sent an email to the business director and did not receive a reply. Not like we had never sat through a presentation, we are VIP owners. Just have never been treated so poorly and with so little dignity. Wow.
Essentially it is a nice place to stay. We won't stay here again after our experience. If this is the new way of doing business since the buyout we won't be attending OR buying anymore with this company.

4  Thank gigirl443

Hello gigirl443,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at MountainLoft. We appreciate your compliments regarding the Front Desk and Maintenance staff as we aim to share happiness with all owners and guests. We regret to learn of the aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to provide additional details or discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I want to start off by saying I am a bronze Bluegreen owner. I have mostly been pleased with the resorts we've stayed at as owners. I have even stayed at Mt. Loft on a previous trip and had a much better experience in an updated villa. This experience was a different story though. We booked both sides of a 3br townhome for a week vaction with my family. I called ahead a week and asked for an updated unit since I had read some of the reviews about units being dated. They said they would put me down for one. When we arrived on time for check in on Mon. there was a crowd of people waiting in the lobby. The frustrated lady behind the desk said that they had no upgraded rooms left and that I should consider myself lucky to even get a room without waiting since so many others were having to wait. The attitude of the staff didn't set well with me. We pay a lot of money as owners and I booked this reservation months in advance and took the time to call ahead for special requests. I begrudgingly went to the unit. It was outdated with torn carpet, small old tv's, worn down furnature that actually fell apart on us numerous times. then the large side of the unit didn't have working air conditioning. It was 90 degrees outside, the unit was miserably hot. So we told front desk. they said that maintenance was backed up and they would get to it when they got to it. We went to the pool to cool off and wait. needed to go get groceries for the week but didn't want to till they fixed it in case we needed to move units. 5 hrs later after asking numerous times they finally sent someone to fix it which took another hour. He also had to fix the upsairs balcony door that wouldn't close and the other units door that wouldn't open. Over the week we discovered that the pool by us was closed for repairs. We had to use the clubhouse pool that was way overcrowded. At one point the indoor hot tub there was broken too. our unit was missing half of it's inventory. missing kitchen ware items needed for cooking. dishwasher was broke, garbage disposal didn't work. my biggest complaint was a simple request that it took 3 days of our 5 day trip to get. Our unit was suppose to have pool towels to accommodate all 9 guests. when we showed up there was 1. I asked front desk to send some. the first time the maid got it wrong and sent regular bath towels which we were not allowed to take to the pool area. I asked again. the next day the maid dropped off a few blankets we had requested but no pool towels still. On the third day I had to ask the front desk again and we waited by the pool for them to bring them. 3 hrs later we finally got pool towels. the resort itself is nice but the staff doesn't have their act together and they are rude. There are also obviously units that are in major disrepair. this is a 4 star resort and I've had better accommodations at a motel 6. I was very embarrassed, I had hoped to treat my family to a nice vacation but it was mostly a hassle that I pay a lot of money not to experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank amandamrtn

Hello amandamrtn,

Thank you for sharing your experience at MountainLoft. We appreciate your feedback as a Bluegreen owner and regret to learn your stay did not meet your expectations. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so that we may discuss your experience further. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We fall in love with this town. The hotel was nice. We got 2 rooms village. The staff in the front desk should be replaced for nice people and smiling faces. They look like the supermarket staff with a few words in their mouth and tired of being there. We went to ask for help in our dates and nobody spent time helping us, they just were limited to say " Honey we cant help you" Call the reservation center". Hotel Location was excellent.there are construction areas in the hotel if you are a Bluegreen owner better ask for cabin than the hotel.

1  Thank Dolores R

Hello Dolores R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at MountainLoft. We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations and location. We are committed to providing helpful and friendly customer service. We regret to learn this was not in line with your experience. We would like to further discuss your concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. We hope you will consider returning.