All reviews chill bar tropical paradise fire pit land shark self park awesome shower pool view huge shower rain shower wet bar electric fireplace beautiful hotel common areas the entire staff awesome stay lobby area family suite
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Awesome room with great amenities. Very clean and decorated nicely. Would recommend a stay here. Right in the heart of Gatlinburg. The pool was very nice. A great place for a couples get away! Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MichaelR11391, General Manager at Margaritaville Resort Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Thank you for the great review Road321522, we will share your review with our team! We hope to see you soon on your next get away to the Smokies!
Fins up!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed with cousins for a few days while we were evacuated from our homes due to the storm. This hotel was impressive to stay the least. Even the valet was polite, sensitive to our situation and eager to help. We were there for a few days and experienced a staff that was beyond amazing. Ronnie? Was ready with a hug and a story and David was as helpful as ever. The food was amazin, we had a few meals there and the staff were as welcoming as our own family.. Jim was great, Jason was very nice and rene was eager to help us with our drinks and although we had alot of special requests, everyone was eager to accommodate.
The rooms are something amazing...!! The view of the mountains at night is just awesome and the spacious bathrooms are crazy!! Just wish the showers had a bench or chair for the older folks.
Overall.... we will make the trek back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank willeaston3
MichaelR11391, General Manager at Margaritaville Resort Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thanks for the great review willeaston3, for future visits we are happy to supply a shower chair upon request as available. We are glad you could stay with us and hope to see you again in the future under better circumstances.

Best,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Well, I have to first say that his place is beautiful!! Stunning!! And every person we met was so friendly. Will we be back...you bet. Will we bring our own vacuum...yes!! :( And possibly a spare trash can. We stayed in the gorgeous two bedroom suite. Beautiful. It ranked right up there with my experience at Four Seasons off Michigan Avenue, Ritz Carlton Lodge Lake Oconee, etc. etc. etc. It was worth the price tag. When we first entered our room, it was obvious that the floor had not been vacuumed. :( It wasn't going to spoil our first impression though. I just figured it was an overlook and would be better the next day (NOT). The next day they didn't even sweep the bathroom floor. We have long hair in this family and it was literally ALL OVER THE BATHROOM floor. There is NO WAY it was not seen. I found someone and asked if they had a broom I could use. They immediately sent up someone from housekeeping...she was super friendly and took care of it. The floors, however, had the same crumbs, the same dust balls, etc. :( A bit disappointing, but, again, this wasn't going to ruin our love for this room. :) We stayed 4 nights and as the days went on, we found ourselves moving around the pieces of napkins/crumbs from previous guests/etc that were in the different rooms just to see if it would finally be picked up :) ...never was it ever picked up. The bathroom, however, was swept after that first day. :) Another BIG disappointment was that our sheets were NEVER changed. They have a policy listed saying they changed sheets after two days and if you wanted them changed more often to contact them. I was ok with every two days...but they were NEVER changed. I have my ways of telling and checked every day. :( This was a pretty big bummer and started to taint my feelings of the hotel and the room. I went down to the front desk just to ask about exactly what the housekeeping staff was supposed to do each day. The sweet girl at the check in didn't know. She pointed me to a manager but he was in conversation with another worker. I waited for a while but finally gave up. He had no idea I was waiting for him, so no fault of his and I just didn't want to interrupt the conversation. Every day I left a $25 tip for housekeeping, but housekeeping, by far, was the least enjoyable experience at the hotel. If they can get that fixed...AWESOME experience all around. Some days we got a make-up cloth, some days we got water, some days this...that...we didn't really know what was expected because our two different bedrooms got make up-cloths on different days and two bottle waters were random. Just wanted to add that we REALLY REALLY needed another trash can. There were only two small trash cans (one in each bathroom) This was a suite, with a full kitchen table. When we brought back food, we had no place to throw trash away. Thankfully housekeeping did leave us a couple of black bags after we had stacked what we could. Also could use some hotel information in the room. Nothing with information about times, services, etc. Only info on spa services. Well, enough about all the negative because there is much about this hotel that is fabulous. I am just hoping my comments help with the housekeeping situation. Like I said, with the price and the facility, I just expected better out of housekeeping. All of the other employees went above and beyond to speak, serve, engage in conversation, etc, etc. LOVED EACH and EVERYONE we met. Really, the people were incredible and I always felt welcomed when I entered that incredible lobby. I was always greeted with a smile and got to feel like some of the employees were friends. The lobby is beautiful. The pool is incredible. We can't wait to return. Finally a nice place to stay in Gatlinburg. :) :) Super location. Next trip I will bring a dust buster and request daily sheet changes in hopes that they get changed at least one time during our stay. I am hoping we see all the friendly staff we met this trip. I would highly recommend it...to anyone. I am hoping the "new hotel" status is what is making the housekeeping lacking. Maybe after they get in the groove all of that will work out. From the front staff, to the little lady cleaning the pool area, to the parking attendant and the super super nice girl taking drink orders at the pool...we felt like we were family and enjoyed the conversations!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your comments I will be sure to review your issues with our team. My apologies for the challenges you experienced and thanks again for reaching out. We do hope you will consider us for future stays.

Best,

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Great new hotel that does provide a resort atmosphere. Gatlinburg needed a breath of fresh air as many hotels are dated (as was the Twin Island Motel that formerly occupied this location.) Stephanie worked hard all day to bring us food and drinks as we enjoyed the sunny, beautiful pool area. All the staff was very friendly including Robbie and Bubba. We loved it. Huge pool, but wished the heater had been turned on as the water was too cool for us on a mid September. Daytime air temperature reached upper 80's with cool nights. Crank up the water temperature to 80 and we will be back through October. For additional food enjoyment please add ground beef for the nachos, sweet honey mustard for the pretzels and sliced pickles for the hamburgers.

Room tip: Even numbered room face the city, odd numbered room view the pool and wooded areas
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Madeline K
MichaelR11391, General Manager at Margaritaville Resort Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Madeline K,
Thank you for the great review! we will be sure to recognize Stephanie, Robbie, and Bubba for their great service! Im glad you loved the pool! Hopefully we will see you soon!
Fins up!!
Micheal

Reviewed 19 September 2018

This Resort was great, we enjoy our stay, the employee was very nice, friendly and helpful. the pool was wonderful, and great drinks at the bar. the bed and pillows was the best I ever slept in. we will come back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Eddie K,
Thank you for the great review! The pillows are a guest favorite! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!
Fins up!!